What do Sup Forums?

What do Sup Forums?

Bought this little compaq tablet pc for $2 at a garage sale.. Seems to function thus far but who ever owned it before didn't clear the password

Leaving it blank or trying password hasnt brought me luck.

I tried opening in safe mode and going there but same result.

Will share all content found if I can get this fucker open.

Other urls found in this thread:

makeuseof.com/tag/5-tips-to-help-you-reset-a-forgotten-windows-xp-password/
askvg.com/how-to-launch-command-prompt-or-other-programs-using-ease-of-access-button-at-login-screen-in-windows-vista-and-7/
kali.org/downloads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The easiest way to open it is with an XP disk, which you can easily burn online.

makeuseof.com/tag/5-tips-to-help-you-reset-a-forgotten-windows-xp-password/

This helps too

Hmm let me see if Ive got something on my other computer to download it.

Pirate bay?
Cnet?

since it has XP, you can change the "ease of access" icon to open the command prompt instead. then, you can reset or create a new administrator password. youtube will have tutorials on how to do this

Thanks looking into it

Interesting

Interested in findings.

How do you open command prompt from the login screen?

try this askvg.com/how-to-launch-command-prompt-or-other-programs-using-ease-of-access-button-at-login-screen-in-windows-vista-and-7/

any luck?

Bump while I try this method

The on screen keyboard is on but I cant seem to change it.

This is retarded I may do a disk

if there is a way for you to connect a USB then your best and easiest option is to just do a clean install

trunk Ubuntu or Linux if you have the disc.

True I was just interested in the juicy contents that may be lurking inside..

What about getting a sata cable to usb and just like making it an external to crack into it?

so it does have a USB port?

makeuseof.com/tag/5-tips-to-help-you-reset-a-forgotten-windows-xp-password/ this might help.

Yes

Live Linux flavour on USB or cd

should have led with that lol. just throw Kali Linux onto a live boot USB and you will be able to access whatever files are there

And what does that do?

>
>should have led with that lol. just throw Kali Linux onto a live boot USB and you will be able to access whatever files are there

>>Kali Linux

You just memed yourself

elaborate

Lets you boot Linux without having to install it, so you can access the data in the hard drive without booting windows. This is the only good option you have since everything else is just not worth the hassle when you can use a Linux live cd

Will a standard usb dongle work?

yep, as long as its capacity is large enough so i'd say 4GB would be the min

I'd think so, but I'm not a tech wiz

Any flash drive will work, long as it's more than 4gb it's going to work with most Linux distros, if under you're going to have to use debian

Thats why I made this thread.

I have some working conputer knowledge but I'm like your average computard who browses memes.

I hate admitting ignorance but shit.. It is what it is.

Doesn't have to be 4gb you can boot off a 1gb or even a 512k drive with lightweight OS's like puppy linux

Excelent.

I'll come back when Ive got everything prepared.

You can do it with Hirens boot cd, search youtube or google and you will find download and tutorials for "reset administrator password hirens"

download one of the ISO files from kali.org/downloads/ on another computer.

on that same computer, use something like PowerISO to make a live boot USB using the Kali ISO as the soource. it should take about 5-10 minutes to complete

plug USB into tablet, and set it to boot from the USB instead of the internal hdd

if it asks you for a root password, the default will be "toor"

Yeah, but most popular distros like Ubuntu and mint won't fit under 4, that's why I said most would fit in

Thanks

Once I can find a damn flash drive i'll be up and running.

Found my sandisk 16gb

I think i'm golden

good luck. chances are high that there isn't anything worth finding, but you may get lucky

True.. Probably work documents.. Stick arround Sup Forums for awhile and i'll have a thread going..

If shit else I'll just whipe the fucker clean and keep it as a cheap work laptop

The stupid pen that comes with needs damn quad A batteries.

Can you beleive that shit?

Who the hell uses QUAD A batteies?

Don't be an idiot you don't need Kali just to open the files, use something smaller like Ubuntu or one of its derivatives. Also you don't need poweriso just use Rufus.

he doesnt NEED Kali, but I recommended it because it has other built in tools he may find useful in the future. having a live boot of Debian just doesn't seem nearly as useful

also, rufus is a 1 trick pony. i recommended poweriso in this case because it has more than 1 use

There are boot programs that can obtain the admin password, I had to use one on my brothers PC after he died. I forget exactly which one I used, but google is your friend, not Sup Forums.

Use Hiren's Boot you retard, Offline Password Changer, checks SAM table and reset your password and user, no need to use password also you can see the previous power.

As other anons have said, just use HBCD. Burn it to a USB and you'll be glad you did.

>poweriso

Now that is a program I have not heard in a long time. Surprised it still exists. Does it still leave watermarks in the finished disk files? /s

Tablet PC Edition

not in my experience. i think the only difference between the free and paid versions is that certain features are locked in the free version

install another HDD and install windows on that. then you can access the first HDD from there.

no one has said this yet?

it will back up old windows into a folder.

Or he can boot into Linux, like he can try it.

google windows xp password reset

waiting content OP

Kon-Boot

all ready sent link while ago

Open source ophcrack I think it's called is on source forge. Put it on a sub or cd and boot from it

Thanks. Will try this.

Lol no

THAT WAS THE ONE!
See
I used it and got my brothers password to his home desktop after he died, I got a ton of really good photos that nobody had ever seen off it.
I miss that fucker every day.
Nothing can be more strange than going through a dead guys computer for pics to show at the funeral..