Post youre face when prog rock

Post youre face when prog rock

this is FUCKING LITERALLY good

Most prog is shit. But when it's good it's really good. Take it or leave it.

this desu senpai

which prog do you think is good

(if your answer includes magma, i'm going to kick you're ass)

Mike Oldfield is one of my favorite musicians

Why is Magma considered bad anyway?

One of the best genres when done well, fuck the contrarians.

Literal fascists.

When it's done right very little can compare but everything else is a mess

i feel the need to check something

My face when listening to the only good musical genre in existence?
Yeah, that's my face alright. This is also my face.

Well meme'd

A lot of good artists are fucked up individuals.

oh yeah, i need to check

kek

King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Jethro Tull, Comus, Gobin, Pink Floyd, Camel, Frank Zappa, Yes, Greenslade, Opeth(fuck you),

>Opeth
Stopped reading there.

Good thing, because he said fuck you after that and then the post ended

You stopped because that was the last band I listed.

y'all got memed

And I thought Metallica looked old.

Fragile and Red finally clicked for me this week and I think they might be some of the greatest records I have ever heard in my life. Where do I go from here?

Check out Mirage by Camel

Vander was literally married to a Jew, so I've always doubted that
Also, even if he was a fascist they're a good band

Old Gregg
Check these

>when the progs are good

mfw listening to coheed and cambria (in a good way)

You're gonna have to sift through a looooot of shit. I mean, that's true with every genre, but prog tracks can be so long. Word of advice, avoid symphonic and space prog like the plague. Just stay far, far away. You want the progressive rock that's straight to the point, like jazz-rock, or a hard rock sound that just happens to be more inspired than most regular hard rock.

So, with that in mind, I recommend Dixie Dregs (The Dregs, start with "What If"), Focus, Ekseption, MacKenzie Theory, Hiro Yanagida, Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso, Arti e Mestieri's first two albums, Djam Karet, Ozric Tentacles, Pekka Pohjola's first three albums, uh...

Who else? That's all I can remember at the moment.

>listed
Stopped reading there.

>ended
Stopped reading there

Magma is avant-prog. If we are counting Magma then pretty much everything from Krautrock to RIO should be considered prog and that'd be unfair because with these additions prog would be certainly one of the greatest music genre of all times

But in reality most prog is actually okay. There's a canon of bands like Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, ELP and the whole Canterbury scene. Generally UK and Italian prog are the most esssential imho but prog is a genre that manages to be standard okay cross most places of the world surprisingly or not so it might be interesting to delve into. Most bands are mostly a combo of funk, pop and light spacey rock. Check out Symphonic prog for most of the "classical" and "complex" sounding prog