Blomkamp’s ALIEN Will Disregard The Events Of ALIEN 3, RESURRECTION

"
...Weaver is working with District 9 filmmaker Neill Blomkamp to create a new Aliens sequel, one that picks up where Cameron’s film left off and somewhat de-canonizes David Fincher’s Alien 3 (1992) and Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s Alien: Resurrection (1997).

“It’s just as if, you know, the path forks and one direction goes off to three and four and another direction goes off to Neill’s movie,” Weaver says.

birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/06/sigourney-weaver-confirms-blomkamps-alien-will-disregard-the-events-of-alie

sigourney still looks great, but honestly, nobody wants to see grandma ripley.

Alien 3 assembly cut wasnt bad other than the shitty cgi in less than 1 minute of movie.

They should just dismiss 4.

I do

the xeno was actually a puppet that was shot in front of a bluescreen. but yeah, it looked pretty bad.

Sounds like the synopsis of a fanfiction.

We knew this shit months ago, this is not news

3 was the dog-xeno in prison, right?

Dog in the theatrical version.
Ox xeno in the only cut that counts.

Alien_ > Aliens > Alien Vs. Predator > Prometheus >Predator 2 > Alien3 >>>>>>> Predators >>>>>> Alien: Resurrection > Predator >>>>>>> Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem

Prove me wrong.

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 ac > Prometheus > Predator > the rest

alien > aliens > alien 3
they're all good
and that's it

Ignoring her disgusting shilling of Ghostbusters, she's like 1 of 5 viable GILFs in Hollywood.

>Create Resurrection to retcon Ripley's poignant conclusion in Alien 3 for more money
>Create Alien Covenant to retcon all of that again for even more money

Somewhere out there Bryan Singer just got a boner.

Is this a new meme?

What's the problem, buddy?

Meh, i really like Alien 3 asembly cut, Blomkamp's only achievement is a one hit wonder all his other movies suck ass and he will just put out a even worse movie than Alien 3 or Resurrection.

I wish they would ignore 2 as well, such overrated tripe

you know exactly what the problem is.

>Predator not 2nd

Alien was a smart horror that explored the terrifying possibly of humanity encountering a creature we know nothing about in our fledgling attempts to explore the unknown galaxy. Aliens was a genre cut-and-paste scifi-action. Decent, but it didn't follow the spirit of the original.
>Dude, space marines vs. xenomorphs!

>cut-and-paste scifi-action

aliens DEFINED scifi-action.

I don't like Aliens bu if it actually makes the marines competent and the Alien scary again, then it'll be alright by me.

>it didn't follow the spirit of the original.

not making an alien remake was a deliberate decision.

It created and defined an entirely new genre, just like Alien did though.

Fair argument. But I still stand by my point of it being a spiritual departure from the original.

Is Aliens the original fanfiction-tier film?

influential isn't the same thing as good

sure Aliens is a seminal film, but it's still crap

Its also a vietnam movies in space. But the charlie are bugs.

Aliens is to Alien what T2 is to The Terminator. Both great movies in their own right, but the first one is sci-fi horror thriller, the second is sci-fi action.

on porpuse.
cameron knew that there was no point in either remaking alien or trying to top it, therefore he went in a different direction while expanding the universe in a meaningful way.

this guy gets it.

>Any alien movie better than Predator or Predator 2
Die

A great and mysterious horror movie that masterfully use props, fx, music and disturbing sets to create suspense over a good but really average Hollywood action blockbuster?

No

Will she finally get to fug an ayy like she always wanted to?

It came out of the cow in that version didn't it?

There was Sup Forums faggots that were saying A3 and A4 would still be cannon though, fucking retards.

Great I can't wait for there to be a super strong alien hunter who just happens to be south African saying stupid niggeresque things in his stupid fucking accent