Which scene is worse?

Which scene is worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-triumphant/#ecd04513cbdd
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/06/28/review-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-expands-story-and-wins-praise/#261b16866225
youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The wonder woman email scene a doubt

The bottom one, so poor it's not even memeable material

The Flash scene or the Martha scene are memier than the wonderwoman bit.

The tornado scene is excellent actually.

the email scene is weak (other than the Cyborg part).

Bottom

Neither. They are both excellent in their own right.

Nice try Marvelfags

>literally having a character sit at a computer and watch trailers for three other movies
How can people defend this shit?

The bottom one 100%. It doesn't help that Godot was atrocious in every scene and they had that stupid guitar riff every time she showed up as wonder woman. The worst moment by far though was the Khal Drogo actor looking for half a minute into the camera

>be me
>watching BvS for first time
>this scene
>instantly think of laughing evans
>immersion broken

fucking memers ruin everything

wrong logic; worse it is, the easier it is to meme

Email scene. I don't usually mind when a movie tries to tease other movies in a subtle way(most of the Marvel stuff), but this was anything but subtle

This

>The tornado scene is excellent actually.

BvS Luthor probably normally keeps his pee in jars.

this

>they had that stupid guitar riff every time she showed up as wonder woman.

That was my favorite part, everytime that music played, i crossed my arms like I was Wonder woman.

Genius.
OP BTFO

hardmode: add the martha shit

it's close but introducing the JL through email is the worst fucking thing ever, up until then I was disappointed with the movie, during that scene I knew DC cinematic had died before it even started, I mean wtf, zero excitement about seeing the others just rolling my eyes and getting fucking angry

pee pee poo poo

>Suffice to say, there’s was always more depth and subtext to the “Martha” moment than the complaints are willing to admit or recognize, and those complaints are still too simplistic and shallow a perception of what is, in fact, a complicated convergence of character arcs and narratives. It confuses and shocks Batman, and then the revelation of what’s really being said shifts his perceptions to the point he now sees himself clearly for the first time in years. A singular moment, a revelation that turns a character’s understanding and relationships on their head in a split second, is not a new concept, nor is this the first or most extreme example of such a thing in cinema.

>It’s undeniable that there is much more happening in that scene, and in the context of Batman’s character through time, than the memes and jokes recognize — and yes, often the jokes intentionally overstate things for humorous effect, but I’ve seen the exact same points made in supposedly serious, deeper critical analysis of the film. So I remain perplexed by the stubborn refusal to consider and acknowledge that complexity. I bring that up only because I notice even a lot of the positive reassessments still point to the “Martha” moment as a major problem in the storytelling when it’s among the finer elements in the film’s characterizations.

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-triumphant/#ecd04513cbdd

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/06/28/review-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-expands-story-and-wins-praise/#261b16866225

>Implying that the purpose of that scene was not to tastefully show the audience that Batman now sees Superman as a man with a family and not some alien invader.

Martha' is set up in the opening scene with a Citizen Kane homage that establishes the word as Bruce Wayne's 'Rosebud'. But, as it's actually spoken by the father character, you get a complex series of associations where Bruce suddenly sees Superman as a father figure, who then - when Lois intervenes - morphs into a reflection of himself. You also have this strange fear of motherhood with Bruce as he dreams that Martha Wayne returns from the dead as a monstrous bat (that metaphorically gives birth to Batman), but then he resolves himself to saving Martha Kent - who was, of course, labeled a 'witch' for (again metaphorically) giving birth to Superman.

this is what normies actually say on YouTube comments etc

for fuck sake.

Wouldn't she already know about the Atlanteans anyway? It's confirmed the Atlanteans and Amazons know about each other in JL and have fought alongside

Fact of the matter is we don't know ANYTHING about her

>he haff muh photo
>omg is muh photo
>look at speedboy, metal boy and fishman
>i must go
>wait I must stay

Nothing in her "acting" conveys what mostly amounts to fucking guesswork based on BTS stuff about her movie, she was in WW1 and between then and now she stopped being wonder Woman, still had time to fly around the world and buy pretty clothes and drive fancy cars though!

What was wrong about the scene where he says Martha?

I can reach a couple of things based of what I suppose Batman is supposed to be from comics, but within the movie I don't see a problem.

Am I ultrapleb, and if so, why?

>Mark Hughes
>I write about films, especially superhero films, & Hollywood.

>'Captain America: Civil War' Wins Crown For Best Pure Superhero Movie
>'Chi-Raq' Is The Year's Most Relevant Film
>'Jessica Jones' Is The Best Show On TV
>'Fantastic Four' Is Flawed But Acceptable Reboot
>Supergirl is bright, fun, exciting action-adventure television with a heart and a brain. As superhero television continues to grow and improve, this show is yet another leap forward for the genre and a welcome addition to the DC catalogue.
>I’ve seen The Force Awakens, and now I’ll never experience that moment again, witnessing the rebirth of a mythology as original heroes return and every adult in the room becomes a child again. I envy you, because you still have this moment waiting for you.
>The Danish Girl is a beautifully presented personal story with probably the year’s finest lead performance, and it is another significant step forward for transgender representation in mainstream cinema and society.

Jesus Christ

correct

>3 years and Marveldrones are still making MoS threads.
>BvS: most discussed and controversial film on the internet in recent history.

The haters are unknowingly giving it the attention it deserves, and powering the film's defenders. Fascinating phenomenon, it's like the kino version of the Baneposter/Hothead relationship. BvS haters literally can't stop making BvS threads.

At this rate the film will cement its classic status in no time.

this is exactly what I don't get. out of all the BvS threads that have dominated the catalog since March I have yet to see 1 user explain why the parts people parrot are shit are really shit. yet the same parts they are mocking get broken down and literally spoonfed the meaning of to them and there is 10 times out of 10 no rebuttal to be found.

>it's a marvel nu-male thread.

There is literally nothing wrong with the Jonathan Kent scene. Only autists have an issue with it.

The e-male scene is pure WB mandate. At least Snyder shoves it all in one scene.

johnmackinrow.gif

I have to admit that's a pretty good tactic, but it doesn't change the fact that this retarded shit is so retarded it would be fucking RETARDED to explain it, if you're this autistic and retarded you need this shit explained, you need to fucking kys you retarded cunt

lol at all the autistic copy pasta too, DC apologists are the most retarded faggots of the decennium. Good job guys.

Truth is,
I love seeing butthurt reactions.
I also love the movie but couldn't care less what other people think of it, but it's funny to see these people make the same complaints and get the same explanations (some autistically detailed on purpose), and see them rage some more and make another hate thread.
If anything the film gets more exposure, and it's easier to convince people to like it than to hate it.

That scene was weird as fuck. A senator starts stuttering because Lex Luthor put a jar of piss on her table.

Honestly the more autistic retards that post hate threads the better as it exposes how utterly moronic their """"criticism"""" are

Wonder Woman checks her email.

Stop invincible son was stupid, but still dramatic.

reminder the reason Clarks dad didn't want him to say him is because he has superpowers as well.

The dream sequence was far worse.
It had the worst editing.
>Character on computer looking totally awake and focused.
>Cut to same character in a warzone

There was nothing to signal a change of scene.
He should have closed his eyes or something

And let's not forget the main fight where Batman reacts like a little girl multiple times
>Superman resists his punches
>He starts to shake and put up his hand like he's goin to apologize
Or
>Superman says Martha
>Batman starts to sperg out
>Practically rocking back and forth twitching

Anyone that still gives a fuck should make a summation of all the stupid fucking scenes to counter the trolls copy pasta, the only problem is, there's a character limit on Sup Forums lol

>implying that isn't the most accurate portrayal of batman on screen ever

Batman is a fucking psychotic loon who gets triggered at the mere mention of MUH PARENTS

The bottom is literally an advertisement for future movies.

It's fucking insulting.

Marvel at least puts it after the credits.

I love what snyder did with his cape shit mandate. Bvs was powerful and filmed like a fucking noir. But studio influence exists and they pay the bills so bam embarrassing scenes of batman shilling for future franchise instalments. I thought that was bad until i saw that they thought putting a bullshit monster in the movie was a good idea. Just wtf, and then wonder woman holy shit I felt embarrassed for everyone involved at that point. It was so damn good up to the last 40 minutes (I've only seen the ultimate edition). Even the funeral was pure kino. Btw Luther going insane was stupid, he was an excellent antagonist up to that point. A genius tech billionaire with daddy issues and a solid plan (silver bullet counter measure to control super man).

this, the third act ruins this movie so much.

Bottom, no discussion. Absolutely hamfisted "look w-we can into interconnected c-cinematic universe too h-haha", Gal's acting not helping either.

>a solid plan
>create Doomsday to kill Superman
>monster with no mind, just urges to destroy

His intended goal was for Doomsday to win.
Then what?
Now you have Doomsday and no one who can kill him.

The only way the world is in a better place is if Doomsday fails

How is a plan good when the only good outcome is where it fails?

what acting?

kek'd

probably Spider-Twink

I meant before that. When he's selling the idea of creating a silver bullet to the government in return for access to the crash site and alien remains. That was A OK made perfect sense amd was in keeping with character and what pyruvate corporations and governments do in secret. Then suddenly he's mental, decides to rustle up a bullshit cgi monster for no good reason and ends up in prison where he boasts about being declared legally insane. The whole thing reeks of script changes from studio because they realised snyder was making a film for adults, with actual themes and excellent cinematography

>The whole thing reeks of script changes from studio
Gotta disagree with that one.
An end fight with Doomsday seems like one of the first things that would be decided on.

Movies like this have the big visual moments decided first, then have the story threaded between them in order to make sense.

It's just that that thread chosen to explain Doomsday was really weak.

tornado scene is more powerful than any scene in the MCU

no

Reminder

>men are brave

What did he mean by this?

Maybe, maybe not but either way it was utterly out of place with the rest of the film. Plus it was shit, made no real sense and had fucking wonder woman in it.

It's dialog from the guy who also wrote Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

what pretentious overly-important garbage

Reminder

>Luthor created each hero's symbolic emblem, accompanied by a short intro trailer for each hyping up how cool they are

Snydered

STOP, MY INVINCIBLE SON

the man can't even put together a coherant thought

youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc

but of course, please tell me more about how deep and philosophically sophisticated he is

What kind of gobshite thinks opening a bunch of emails is an acceptable origin story for three fucking characters?

I remember someone on here saying that was only there to save time and it would be better in the three fucking hour version.

It was still there. kek

It should have been an after credits scene.
Just a teaser for the real reveal.

But being part of the movie proper is such a waste.

And it also ruins the pacing of the movie.
Some serious shit is going down
Cut to Wonder Woman opening some emails

>mfw snyder actually put a jar of piss in a big budget movie

They don't want to do after-credits scenes because of the comparison to Marvel. If anything, you cut out the e-mails and instead have Batman and Wonder Woman approach each JL member after he shows off his powers at the end of the movie. There would be Batman monologuing over this and still end on Superman's coffin, but no shaking dirt.

What was WW EVEN doing in the film?

She was quite literally shoved in.

>They don't want to do after-credits scenes because of the comparison to Marvel.
They should stop being coy and just be like "Yeah, we're trying to be Marvel".

It works. Use it.

>It should have been an after credits scene.
A real film wouldn't do that.

>you now realize the senator has a piss fetish and was stuttering b/c she was so turned on imagining Luthor soaking her tits with his girthy fire hose

b/c they have to contest with the threat of death yet they still act heroically. superman is invincible and only does heroic shit so he can get pussy. in the end superman proves him wrong though its pure kino poetry

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/

2deep4u

The tornado scene is entirely in keeping with Jonathan Kent's character as established by then - he'd rather sacrifice his own life than live to see Clark effectively give up his own by revealing his powers. It also sets the stage for what Clark was doing with his life before Zod showed up - saving people from disasters, because he didn't save his father.

It's ok for Jonathan, but Clark should have saved him anyways.

>The tornado scene is excrement actually.
ftfy

Seriously

She really wasn't. She comes out of left field from hiding because of the circumstances that arose thanks to Superman's birth.
She contributes by reminding Bruce what cooperation and trust means:
>Boys share too.

Her arc is coherent and relevant to the plot, it also foreshadows future heroes stepping away from hiding.

Pa Kent
Wonder women scene is just a plug for future movies.

>the same mentally-ill DCuck posts this damage control copypasta anytime someone makes fun of his shitty "MARTHA" scene

"You're letting him kill Martha. Find him. Save Martha."

Gunman shoots Thomas Wayne, who collapses. Gunman then puts the gun to his mother's head. "Get up, Dad! You're letting them kill Martha!", Bruce thinks. The Gunman fires. Martha lies there dying. As the Gunman runs Bruce is faced with two competing desires - "Find him" (the gunman) and "Save Martha".

Superman pretty much spoke Wayne's exact struggle right at that moment. Bruce gets triggered because he is still severely mentally scarred and needs clarification. He has been having twisted dreams and I presume that he suspects he is going insane. but Lois comes in to clarify.

Bruce is then forced to face the reason why he became Batman all while preparing to KILL a man going through the same dilemma that Bruce did back in the alleyway. Superman has a mom who will die soon and the son is helpless to save her. It is that night in the alleyway all over again.

Except this time it is Bruce who holds the gun.

I believe he thought that because doomsday had his blood that he would be able to control it. He seemed surprised when doomsday tried to punch him.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

"27%"

Acrylic on canvas. 8"x10"

$20,000

top, every time

Cyborg was too long

nah them niggas just gay and the movie sucks and you suck for liking it

THAT BROAD FROM THE FAST AND FURIOUS IS FUCKING JEW, GET DA FUCK OUTTA TOWN?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

>show the audience that Batman now sees Superman as a man with a family

>Batman quips about Superman's parents not even 5 minutes earlier

>It's a "Gal Gadot stares at a computer pretending she can emote" episode

>No Sam Ramie

Its tough. I want to say the Lex Luthor files, because tonally, its so off from the rest of the movie.

>suddenly, high tempo bass drum beat to do a shitty JL theme/intro to all the JL characters, which felt like a trailer inside a movie

at least Johnathon Kent's death was tonally sound, and a half-assed attempt at having something out of Clark's control (his fathers wish to not have him expose his secret).

Both shit, but at least MoS was less shit in regards to your point.

This annoys me because it treats a very simple idea about a character that has already been done and done better in the comics like it's some sort of amazing thing. Parents aren't perfect, holy shit!

This is the most autistic thing I've ever seen. Even worse than that user that kept a slave under his bed on Sup Forums.