Anyone has a fetish year in music?

Anyone has a fetish year in music?

For me it's 1997, 1998 and 1999.

the greatest album ever made (bone thugs n harmonys east 1999 eternal) was released in 1995.

so i'd say 1995.

66 and 67

best 2 years ever desu

1965-1969, the most revolutionary years in popular music

1725 1808 1825 1917 1967 1972 1980 1989 2004 and 2010 for me t b h

Probably 1970 and 1977, notably for a bunch of Amon Duul and Flower Travellin' Band releases, and of course Rallizes in 1977

Yes I am a pleb

1965-1971 is choice.

1970-1973, 1985, 1991, 1996

Please, Mandy Moores candy didn't come out till 1999. Anything eles that came out before or after that is worthless garbage.

77 is fucking amazing

scenecore 2006-2009 i don't care what anyone else says

did scenecore even last that long?
by 2008 i had already made a full transition to a indie hipster retard.

I think alot of the oldbreed of mu misses 2009.

2010 was quite based as well

Suburbs, MBDTF, Cosmogramma, off the top of my head.

it's been a thing before that timeframe and after but those were its most active years i believe
arguably started in 1999 with poison the well's debut, mcr and hawthorne heights came on pretty early too, and we still see newer meme bands like eskimo callboy

I sure as hell don't miss the MBDTF shit posting that was going on.

The Age of Ads was my shit. Still is, and I'm glad it's still hasn't totally been forgotten.

At least it was a time when traffic was a lot higher and Sup Forums and waifuposting weren't a thing. I'd take that old memestorm in a heartbeat. The board culture isn't nearly vibrant enough anymore for a new album to ever become Sup Forumscore.

didn't it really start with the threeoneg scene? or are you talking about the rawr/myspace/bright neon colors shit?

yeah really, most bands didn't go on to do anything since maybe 07 at the earliest. i was lucky enough to see one of the blood brothers last shows, afi turned straight up hot topic fat freshman chick mall goth, black parade, then thursday released no devolution a year or two later and i just gave up on music all together after that.

good point but i always saw blood brothers as kind of an odd one out dunno, and lining it out coherently might be tricky because it's actually a bunch of different genres but yeah i'm talking anything that vaguely reminds of attack attack! basically

that's what i remember happening, as far as the music was concerned.
basically everyone i knew who has apart of the scene fell out and either moved on to the next thing or just became an actual adult around 2007.

but what about hollywood undead, who took scene and broke the 4th wall to not only embracing it but being so fucking scene they weren't even a sceneXcore band.

that's kind of what i mean when i say it's tricky cuz there's a bunch of styles involved
i think the distinction should be made like HU, botdf, brokencyde = scene bands but != scenecore
BOTDF are probably closer on a musical level though because like i said i see Someday Came Suddenly as the distillation of the whole sound and aesthetic, and Epic took the eurodance sorta synth parts from it as a standalone

>BOTDF

Please, wouldn't no one have heard of them of them if it weren't for Sup Forums and jessie slaughter. they had their 5 minutes of fame and those 5 minutes were a 12 year old saying she fucked the singer.

1997 was a great year for music

I can't believe those dudes dragged that shit on for so long.
I heard someone I knew was going to be their touring drummer a few years back and was shocked they were still around.

bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone

Nah more 2008.

Carter. 808s. Pretty Odd. M.I.A. Soulja Boy. T.I. T-Pain.

It's funny, I used to hate that stuff with a passion in middle school. And now when I compare it with what we have today, it's so bright and creative.

It seems as the years go by, things just get more nihilistic and negative.

Don't know about a fetish but I sort of romanticize 1991 a bit. I was born that year for one but it also saw landmark releases for gothic metal, shoegaze, and first-wave post rock with Gothic, Loveless, and the latter got 2 with Spiderland and Laughing Stock. I dunno, I'm pretty okay with my birth year getting that kind of representation.

this is a cute girl (male), a CUTE!

Did you refer to Tha Carter III ?

yezzir

All 3 carters are top notch rap records. I think history will be kind to him. He really was a trendsetter back then. No one ever seems to bring him up on Sup Forums, thats why I asked you lol

feet

>All 3 carters are top notch rap records. I think history will be kind to him

Really all 3? I mean the 3rd one was pretty meh Teir, 2 definitely is a legit hit tho I will give you that.

In order of best to worse, 2>1>3

3 was the least consistent and his worst style but I still think it's pretty good and was highly influential

all of the 80s

1997. For Sure.

>I'm gonna be perfect from now on.
>I'm gonna be perfect....STARTING NAAAAAAAAOOOOWWW

someone needs to do a bone count on that album

>someone needs to do a bone count on that album
I'm lame enough I could just do that one day, bonus points for keeping track of how many times they say Cleveland.

Also for 97

The Mollusk
Ladies in Gentlemen we are Floating in Space
OK Computer
ITAOTS
Lonesome Crowded West

among many others. Really good year

The dedication series.... The Drought obviously, but numale hipsters have kinda claimed that one so it gets annoying.

Even as a young teen in the hot boys he sounded different

I liked his mixtapes but felt like them and their fruity loops beats aged very poorly compared to the lavish production of his studio efforts.

hey it was Dj Drama on them, he's official

uh huh
also, is Carter 5 ever seeing the light of day? or is it the new Detox?

I have a fetish for 1997-2007

'72 and '73

Same. Whenever I see that an album was released in the late 90s, it feels comfier.

1964, finding psychedelic music from this year gives me a big boner

64-69 for rock music
79-83 for post-punk/minimal synth/diy tape culture
91-94 for jungle