I'm not advertising i just need advice...

I'm not advertising i just need advice, I been making videos on YouTube since the summer of 2015 and with the new year around i only have 27 subs do you guys have any advice on how to either move on with my life or make this work please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCUI8R-rvoh1HLvKRQ7qdPbA
youtube.com/watch?v=YPCh4YpZ6wU
youtube.com/user/liquidwat
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

move on faggot, u clearly have no talent

How do you advertise yourself? What demographic are you going for? What makes your channel good?

my channel is 1 year old, got 2.4k subs. just make quality content. i dont post near as much as i should but im still growing relatively fast. keep it up

POst link, I am professional critique

his channel is a year old and he has 27 subs. he should just kill him self

i try using reddit and stuff like that anyone who dose find me likes it and says its good its just so hard fighting YouTube some days here look at it for yourself maybe I'm being lied to youtube.com/channel/UCUI8R-rvoh1HLvKRQ7qdPbA

What topic are your videos on?

If its vlogs and opinions you can fuck right off.

Leaking my way to 2017...try this out on any girl in your school lol snap-leak-cf

Also i had a previous channel before this i only started this one in September

i do gaming videos but i really do want to spread myself out i bought a decent camera a while back just waiting for a proper time to use it

youtube.com/channel/UCUI8R-rvoh1HLvKRQ7qdPbA

What I can gather you have potential. Here's my opinion what you can do to improve.
Get a better mic.
Talk about stuff, not necessarily about the game, but about x movie you liked during nothing happening like in your pokemon series for example. It would also help if you didn't have it sped up so you can actually have some time to talk about shit.
Stop with the "brick" meme. That shit hurt my ears and instantly put me off your channel. Tell your friend or whatever to shut the fuck up.
Try to entertain each other. In short be funny.
You can take some classes on improv or some shit.

overall I like your whole gamegrump-esque feel to it, but I think you need something more. Maybe what continue? does. They have this "would you play this again" in the end of certain shows.

Maybe try to either focus on going the biggest games out right now, or the most obscure. Small games and indiegames are often nice in between a long ass series.

I'd recommend crawl since you seem to have a few friends.

just some thoughts, not sure if doing those things will actually help you but thats how I feel.

The thumbnail art is real good. The commentary isnt even that bad. Definetely not the generic peppy overly excited thing.

The problem.

You are in an INSANLY oversaturated market. There are thousands of people trying the same thing you are. Today.

Also the main demographic for this kind of video are in that 10-15 range. While I personally liled your more cynical kind of vibe, im not sure how that demo would.

Also Im getting a real game grumps kind of thing. And we all know how many people have tried to emulate that.

What are you, 13? Do you upload minecraft? Faggot

Thank you for the advice I really do appreciate it most of the time i come here asking about stuff i just get told to end my life, anyway Would you have any Mic recomendations our setup is just a blue yeti with a beanie under it

I agree with this guy
>me

I have no clue about what mics to use. I just know the audio is shoddy. Maybe even get two mics if you're with a friend.
Try looking up other channels and see what they're using.

check it out yourself i been tempted but i want to keep whatever self respect i have

I'm trying to hit an older market while i don't mind the younger democratic i would like to hit a older audience that likes games and cynical humor

I'm sorry i took your guy's time i really would like some support like i don't even put ads on ffs and it be nice to make a corner on the cancer field called you tube that we can be just a bunch of dicks anyway ill wrap it up cheers to whoever supports me and lets hope i can improve on everything :)

here's a followup thought on what games to play
When overwatch launched, there were a shitton of channels that popped up. They got popular either because of entertainment, or because of news regarding the game.
Try to get on one of those band wagons. See what's upcoming and people are hyped to play.
New games create communities around them so you could try to benefit from that.
Either that or stick to that one game that has a community. (i.e minecraft, rust, tf2 etc)

right on i tried to get that over watch bandwagon i just would like to have the longevity of something like game grumps they can pretty much play anything and get views but i will cerntainlly keep my eye out

longevity comes when you have a following, you cant really say that you have that right now.
just focus on growing. You attract them with the newest game, and some will stay when you switch to the next game because they like you, your commentary or that you're funny. Some will of course leave but thats how it goes.

>that is much clearer thank you

Redundant advice, gotchya
good luck on your project though.

just subbed bro. I have been making gaming videos for like 7 months now and its slow going with so many out there keep it up

Thanks boy i really appreciate every sub

If you guys play Crawl next, Ill sub right now.

In order of what gets views fast.
Anti-Feminism, Anti-Religion, Celebrities, Politics, Current events, new movies, upcoming games.

If you're trying to make money doing this, you need to diversify and specialize. By that I mean different channels or outlets (like a podcast) for different demographics. You'll need to monetize, advertise, and actually work.

Burnout is real, vlogs can fuck your life and relationships, and depression comes quick.

Or you can become the next onesion cancer and thrive on viewer hate.

>Talk about Laci Green's tits, and you're guaranteed views, likes, and hate all at once.

roll

here We already did it a while back there is like 6 videos youtube.com/watch?v=YPCh4YpZ6wU

make better videos

heres a link to mine check it out be happy for a new sub or even some feedback
youtube.com/user/liquidwat

Great, Im subbed.

You can get some decent, cheap condenser mics (XLR connection) and a mixer off amazon. Do some research. If you have a lot of background noise that you can't get rid of, you could look into a dynamic mic.

Cardioid pattern, by the way. Kind of looks like a heart on a diagram.

alright i will try

>i try using reddit
THAT'S THE ISSUE

Yeah... I'm already getting way better feedback here

inb4 we make threads promoting this guy

DO IT please

thanks I'm planning on getting a mixer soon the big problem is money and just not being able to afford it

Baringer has affordable mixers, but they have some issues. Mainly, the power cord. Still, it's a decent line to start with.

You don't have to go for the Audio Technica right away. There are some cheaper mics that will still give you clarity and a warm quality to your voice.

For flashy video stuff, DaVinci Resolve is free. Learning curve isn't all that bad. If you go that route, you'll want to grab handbrake as well for converting back to AVI and reducing file size. Throw in a cheap green screen, chroma key that shit, and use the game play as a backdrop or in a windowed frame off to the side, and you're starting to look pretty damn good. You can find LUTs and audio under a Creative Commons liscence pretty easily. Finding one you like that helps you stand out from the rest of the youtube crowd -- not so easy.

Later on, an external hard drive (72,00 RPM is baseline for audio/video mixing and editing) can be a bit more expensive, but worth it.