What is the purpose of living Sup Forumsros?

What is the purpose of living Sup Forumsros?

I thought by now, my life would have taken some sort of form but it hasn't.

I wake up, I do whatever it is i'm supposed to do that day, and I sit and wait to go to sleep.

I have tons of people who I am friendly with, but nobody real friends I could count on for anything.

I am really social, outgoing, and open when I'm around people, but as soon as the door to my apartment closes its just dark, quiet.. thought.

Maybe an hero? maybe just keep waiting?

also advice/feels thread

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m6ugFcwsgpE
youtu.be/YaDvRdLMkHs?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtNgK6MZucdYldNkMybYIHKR
hedonist-international.org/?q=en/newsblog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Purpose of living? To pass a weed test in 12 days for a good paying job I want. It's relative my dear watson.

That's dope. But I mean why do I want to do anything? get a good job, buy a house, live in said house. For what? I fell like no matter what I do, productive or otherwise, really doesnt have a purpose. If that makes any sense.

Will dump random pics of hot chicks in reply to genuine advice/input

The goal of the Entity is to express its true wisdom through an evolved portion of its consciousness, termed the Sovereign Integral. Although the stage upon which this growth of consciousness takes place is within a universe of many dimensions (the multiverse), the space-time dimension is the primary field of the Entity’s exploration and consequent development. In short, we are designed to explore the space-time domain as individuated agents of First Source.

no fuckin clue user, but heres a cookie for your above average vocabulary/copy and paste skills

There is no greater point. Read Epicurus and keep going. Sourround yourself with family, like, a million kids.

You can thank me later.

Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.

It would appear i am not living in abundance

Being around family is kind of counter productive because they have no idea that I'm this conflicted or alone. To them all they see is the face I put on for everyone else, including and especially them.

But regardless, nudes for your trouble

There is more to him than dank memes, however, to explain this one, if you like to eat, do that. If you like to fap, do that. If you like to travel, do that.

The point he is making is that hedonism is all there is in the end, everything else, like religion and such constructs, is false and can not bring abundance to your life.

Unless it's what brings you joy, then go for it.

Hedonism is not like what you think what it is. Like hedonismbot in futurama.

Looking inwards sufficiently will show you what you need to do outwardly. You don't seem like you have found your purpose yet, that thing that fulfills you and gives you the tools you need to progress as a being this time around.

What if all the things I used to be passionate about just arent enjoyable anymore.. atleast not in the way they used to be. I spent 5 years in the military waiting to get out and be free, and now that I'm free I dont know what the fuck to do with myself.

I see that you are lost. Look, you are not supposed to simply pay taxes and die. There is so much more to your consciousness that most of us can even comprehend. If you search for the light, you will be shined upon. All you have to do is want it

Why do you need a purpose? You exist. If you don't wish to die, then live. Otherwise, you should simply kill yourself.

Just keep drifting forward until you die. It's the easiest route. Maybe you'll find the purpose you desire along the way. Maybe you'll just get old and die. It really doesn't matter what you do.

I find looking inward is useful, but I'm super solid on who I am and all that.. it's that the world around me doesn't give a fuck anymore.. not just about me, but like about anything

I had the impression you feel only alone when they are away. Which is ok, because yes, then you are alone. So don't be, sourround yourself with family.

Maybe i don't understand you because i don't have that conflict. I'm alone, no family, few friends, the same struggle to find meaning in going to work and buying random stuff. But i don't feel very bad about it, just doesn't make sense.

Sorry m8.

This user knows how i feel

That's because they're not looking to better themselves and fulfill themselves, either. These discourses are completely alien to most people, and they end up filling their time with jobs and having kids and then they wake up one day at the end of their lives and wonder what they did with all their time.

This is short-sighted and leads to nothing truly useful on your own personal grand scheme.

It just feels like a crisis that nobody sees is happening because who the fuck would I tell? I have FWB's but dont maintain steady female relationships, my parents would shit a brick, and I dont have any friends close enough to me to dive of the deep end philosophically with.

I guess my question is why is it that no matter what I do, what extreme I go to to feel something significant.. by the time i make it to this new milestone in life i just look around asking "Is this really all there is"

That's easy to say if you don't have a chemical unbalance in the brain.

I say talk to a professional, get drugs, be a happy man henceforth. Why fight something a pill can solve?

I personally made a bad decision 5 years ago and have since worked two jobs to pay for it. In two years i'll be debt free, take a touring bike and cycle around the world.

Maybe i'll come back with a purpose.

Yeah, been there. You have to destroy those searches for answers outside, in the "real world" sufficiently, and you'll start looking beyond this world-as-you-define-it (while still being here, of course).

It's a difficult time in life, and there aren't enough teachers of this kind of thing any more.

Pills are palliative and not real answers. That's a lie and you'll know somewhere deep down.

I've been diagnosed, treated and cleared for work stress induced depression.. Was on zoloft for like 8 months.

They said I'd notice a difference, but it just made me spacey/forgetful. No particular improvement I noticed. Got a med marijuana card last week to try to help me sleep, but it just makes my inner voice talk to itself instead of to me (

It makes no sense that life "has a purpose" because life is not an entity, only a state of being. it exists and we as humans tend to complicate bullshit way too much. There's only three options: Life has a purpose and that purpose is solely individualistic because even though god says follow these commands, you still have "free will" in some sense to do the opposite; life has no purpose and nothing matters, or the final option: Life is just that, Life, and you need to just accept it instead of trying to categorize it. I don't believe in "god", I don't believe life has no purpose because right now I wanna fuck some delicious little pre bait pussy and do things I consider fun negating the comment "Life has no purpose", so in conclusion I believe Life is just that, neither with a purpose or without a purpose. Everyone always tends to think in black and white but let me ask you this user, why not think orange? You're frustrated because your brain is still thinking in cause and reaction. "We have a purpose therefore we must follow it." or "There is no purpose therefore "nothing matters" but to who? Purposes only apply to the individual and cannot apply to an entire society of people or individual beings. It's like saying the purpose of people in america is to have the american dream, but every dream is different correct? Purpose cannot apply to multiple sentient beings, only the single individual. Now this is where free will comes in. How do you choose to portray this universe? Only you can decide. Find your purposes, notice I said purposes because life is never about one sole purpose. For example, the sole purpose of humans is so procreate, but in order to procreate you need a purpose of finding a partner, a purpose of falling in love hopefully to create a unified family, a purpose to raise the child after birth, and a purpose in a societal sense to stay alive as long as possible to spend time with your child to create lasting relationships afterwards.

I dont know man, I feel like everyone around me is skin deep. People in California flake plans, and just ghost at the first sign of realness, and everyone has a million friends they arent really close to. Kinda just makes me want to sit in my house

You should have children, there is no other purpose for anthing living. All the other goals (money, god and so on) are bullshit. No need to think different.

>43

Wingmakers?

l

Simple. The purpose of life is to reproduce, and to be the most successful at reproducing.

>kek at pic related

interesting point. but the problem I have is the emptiness of it. I could do all those things, and I still would feel the same way I do, atleast in my experience.

I want to feel something, I truly due, but im just cold and indifferent.

My almost-wife girlfriend and I broke up, mutually, in april.. and I didnt even mind. I didnt cry, i didnt get depressed or sad, I just kind of kept waking up and going to sleep.

Its not that life has to have a purpose, I just feel like I cant think of a purpose worth getting out of bed for

Look OP , even for me , i lost my last parents one year ago and had to learn to live alone , i got anxiety , depress and stuff , i couldn't even leave the house for a time , i'm also virgin , a bit of acne left and only have one friends in real life ( a good one hapilly) but i'm still motivated , i have a few passions ( and not unreal ) so i'm working on it every day such as programming , cyber-security, having social skills , anyways just trying to be better in 'what i like' , don't you have anything like that ? Since my both parents die just 'like that' in a matter of seconds , i see life almost as a game ... do what you want to do on the moment , fuck anyone else .

I don't know , maybe i'm too motivated because i've been really low ... can't really tell

There is no definitive answer to your inquiry, and there most likely will never be one. Perhaps the only way to achieve peace is to accept that there will always be that which is unknown.

Please listen to Northlane - Singularity, it would probably give you a better view on what life is all about.

I wonder why this is so hard to get? There is no meaning beyond that.

Also good to know: At the end of your life, there is nobody looking back over your achievements to judge you.

Listening

Yep. And when you die, no afterlife. It's not eternal blackness, either. You don't remember before you were born, right? Well, death is no different. I prefer to think of it that way, gives me a lot of peace.

Nobody's scheme is grand.

Self improvement feels good. Do it if you want. It won't matter either way but at least you might feel a little better about waiting for annihilation.

Just make sure you plan ahead enough to maintain whatever standard of living you're comfortable with. If you feel like accomplishing any long term goals, plan accordingly to make it feasible. Fill the remaining time doing whatever you want. Try not to do things that will have a larger negative impact than positive on yourself.

You can try to get hyped up on the whole self improvment/masturbation bandwagon and strive to be the greatest human that ever put pants on one leg at a time or you can coast through life and stay comfy while you wait for the inevitable end. There is fundamentally no difference. Just pass the time how you like. Don't think too deeply about existence. It is a fruitless endeavor and will only cause suffering. Relax and do what you have to do to exist.

Try not feeling bad that you don't feel bad when others might feel bad in that same situation. It's the same as attending a funeral. You're either the loud lady crying at 500 decibels tipping the coffin over, or the the guy in the back who silently watches everything, doesn't show emotion but understands and relates to the situation even though he may not emotional show any sings of anything. I feel like you want to belong and act like others when you say "I want to feel something". user, you're already feeling some type of way and you're not coming to terms with accepting it. Be yourself and react how you'll react without categorizing and judging yourself so much. Also, when you say "I just feel like I cant think of a purpose worth getting out of bed for", thats self doubt. if you really believe in that sentenced you wrote you would of commuted suicide like many others who thought the same, but you continue with your existence correct? So it means you want to live. Try thinking outside the box. Remember what I said, " Life is just that, Life, and you need to just accept it instead of trying to categorize it." Your frustration comes from trying to categorize things. Putting a purpose on something categorizes that thing. Biologically you cannot help it. It creates self doubt sure but that's your brain you have NO CONTROL OVER, and remember that. You do not have full control over your body so think of your body as two beings. Let me as you this, do you consciously power your heart or is your heart pumping and beating even when you sleep? Respect the body, and respect your mind by not including self doubt into your thoughts. It creates a perpetual cycle your neurons will form around. You need to think stop thinking about a purpose and live the purpose. You are only a small fraction of the trillions of cells in your body. You need to respect your body vehicle and your thoughts to remove this self doubt by not thinking about it and living.

Is this just this fucking fedora talking about bullshit?

Its simple.
The purpose of life is to waste the life you are living, its your only life before you go from existing to not exist.

Try to change things/people around you in a positive way and drop everything and travel. Experience new things and cultures. You'll find purpose.

Google Terrence Mckenna, such an inspiring fedora guy.

Right.

That doens't solves OPs problem, but this is how it is.

I can only go back to hedonism in the sense Epicurus defined it, everything else is just a lie and doesn't make sense.

I would recommend for OP to get into a community that likes to think about higher questions, Sup Forums is hardly the place for a meaningful discussion.

Everybody wants to be the best, im just happy I ever got a breath.

Late christmas present on me guys go fuck your ex gf tonight - snap-leak-cf

My purpose of living is building the finest sailboats ever made, and everything I do is a step in that direction.

...everything except coming here and talking to you idiots every day.

Your purpose of living will be didfferent than mine.

went better than I thought it would. Was expecting memes and kys'

Wikipedia says he was a good guy, but still, he sounds like a bullshit artists talking about nothing while pretending to have meaning.

youtube.com/watch?v=m6ugFcwsgpE

It will help your fantastic claim about "consciousness" the day any two people who study it can even agree on what the definition of consciousness is, much less how it all works and what it is entirely capable of, which, entirely depends on the definition of your choosing.

Magic and supernatural hocus pocus because wishful thinking, sure, toss that all on its wonderful fantasy too.

>sailboats
Fuck yeah. OP should buy a boat then :)

Yeah, but it could be deeper. What you see are just random opinions really, nothing with much substance.

I personally face the loneliness with nothing, i have nothing to give to those deamons anymore. I have accepted that it all makes no sense, that our brains are not made to make us happy but are inherently unstable.

To be honest, i don't think humans should have grown such large brains. Maybe it's not good to go from Cro Magnon to Dyson sphere in just 30k years.

Stupid people seem to be happy all the time. I wish i was stupid as well.

this is why the world is messed up, everyone in the olden days had it right, without religion the world is shit and you know it. vikings had a purpose to fight and prove themselves they could reach valhalla, christians always had a friend they could reach too and listen to them, without religion came depression and edgy virgins like op

This is one of those great unanswerable questions of philosophy. Anything can give your life meaning, but there is no "purpose". It's vague I know, but this is the basis of Existentialism. The only why to find meaning in your life is to give your life meaning yourself; that said asking is a great step towards finding your meaning of life.

If you are of a mind, check out the video below on Existentialism, it's short.

youtu.be/YaDvRdLMkHs?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtNgK6MZucdYldNkMybYIHKR

Epicurous is often confused with hedonism, which was used by his ideological competitors, the stoic, as a straw man, to ridicule and discredit his actual philosophy in the public, and "win" in the shoddy marketplace of ideas. ...if you call ignoring the philosophy that laid out the logic of minimizing total suffering and increasing the total quality of life for all, in favor of continued barbarism, brutality, misery and war for the next 2350 years, "winning".

But, but, muh spirituality?

Our purpose is to spread life throughout the universe

>everyone in the olden days had it right, without religion the world is shit

Dude, whatever makes you sleep.

Lol I see Jon Snow has joined the chat. Read a book

No, earlier people's simply had something to strive for since noone could disprove religion (in a sense anyways). And to OP, you should do something to help further humanity. God simply is not needed in today's world to justify good actions on a person's part.

I tried to kill myself 3 weeks ago. with gas. Came extremely close, but in the end I couldnt go through with it

Now even though nothing still matters I know that killing myself isnt going to be an option so I might as well enjoy life as much as I can

Working pretty well so far

You got some industrial grade ignorance on how wonderful the past was.

>hedonism, which was used by his ideological competitors

While this is true, hedonism is still the best label to describe Epicurus mindset. I don't mean it in a negative way, hedonism is, in my view, the best tool, nay, the only tool, to make existence bearable.

If you don't agree i say this: More power to you then. Whatever brings you more joy or less suffering, follow that. If it actually is stoicism, go for it.

Meanwhile i subscribe to this shit: hedonist-international.org/?q=en/newsblog

Never got why people think killing themselfs would be an option. I mean, everything struggles hard to stay alive, but here comes a special snowflake who thinks he must kill himself and be different.

Y'all niggas need Philosophize This.

The early episodes on Epicurus, & the Stoics are the best,
You can see right where the world came to a fork in the road, was presented with a road of peace and happiness and wisdom, barely lifted its head to take a brief look down it, before continuing trudging along down its road of darkness and despair and war and slow random sporadic progress.

>framing everything in terms of confirming to muh imaginary social order
jesus H monkeyfucking christ user, could you be more teenager?

no you could not be, is the answer to that question.

Well said. We could have had it all ...

Pfffft. Seeing a frog struggling to stay alive while getting eating by a snake is not "social order". It's a display of a fundamental property of life.

>Never got why people think killing themselfs would be an option.
duh, because it is an option. Do you deny this? Are all suicides merely myths and rumors? Of course not. Life depends on a fragile body continuing to function. Anyone can stop it from functioning. Ergo, suicide is an option.

> I mean, everything struggles hard to stay alive,
Everything that has to and chooses to does. Everything that either doesn't have to struggle, or doesn't choose to, does not.

>but here comes a special snowflake who thinks he must kill himself and be different

Yeahhhh, that's what it's all really about.

Your perspective is leaning towards that of nihilism. Basically that life has no meaning. If you really think about how life works, you'll realize that we as humans have 3 functions to survive... Eating, Sleeping, and Procreating (this one is optional but is necessary to continue existence). Without doing these, we will die early. Yet we do these because we have to in order to prolong our existence. That's about it as far as what I know to be 100% true.

Religion? Money? Marriage? These are social constructs that man has created all on our own. Evolutionism vs. Creationism is another debate. I was raised Catholic but have always questioned religion and God. I believe that no single person can prove that God exists, or that he doesn't exist. So I guess I'm actually an agnostic. Or maybe a "Questioning Catholic," I don't know. Faith is not based off of evidence or proof, but what one believes.

Laws? Rules? Morals? They are all made up. They were written by society to "control" the doings of what is considered right and wrong. We really can do whatever we want because of free will though. You can go kill someone if you really wanted to, but you probably won't because you will be in prison for the rest of your life. You can thank the laws made up by man years and years ago for that.

Spirituality? Happiness? Love?
These are abstract and I'm still trying to figure out how they work. Never been in love. Don't know if I ever will. I guess I'm somewhat happy with my life. Never seen or felt any kind of divine evidence of any form of deity.

These are just some things I've philosophically thought about life that are real. Things that we know or that we learn about as rational human beings. But as far as a purpose or a meaning of life, we won't know until we die. Or maybe not! Nobody in their right mind can tell me "They know." Nobody knows. And you will be asking the same questions all your life... even when you're nearing death. We all will. That's life for you

>duh, because it is an option

Well, physically, sure. But what i don't understand is how it is an option intelectually. I just don't get the mindset at all.

So here is the universe, 15 billion years old, you get a few years and cut them short deliberatly?

I just can not grok it.

I can relate OP

Upvoted for best and most accurate answer.

To worship God

Pic is you.

Get a cat(From a shelter), or a dog, and seek a psychologist.

I was also just bumping this thread, but thanks...?

BUMP

Maybe you should just check into a nursing home already

OMG, so did i! What are the chances?

Bumping