It's the 7th month of 2016 and the two best films of this year I've seen are Green Room and The Nice Guys

It's the 7th month of 2016 and the two best films of this year I've seen are Green Room and The Nice Guys

Please tell me there's more I've missed. It looks like a fucking wasteland right now.

Zootopia

Love & Friendship

Hail Caesar!

OJ: Made in America

The Witch
Louder than Bombs
Cosmos
Evolution
Everybody Wants Some
The Wailing
Mountains May Depart

Shit, I did see Hail Caesar! I liked it, but honestly, I didn't like it that much to mention. Coen's did fine at the musical bits, but it was really disjointed and erratic.

I should rewatch, probably.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

>really disjointed and erratic

I agree completely but it still had me grinning throughout. It was unique, even for a film about Hollywood, and it gets funnier the more I think about it. A second viewing is definitely in order.

Check out The Trust. It's so underrated and I can't believe no one is even talking about it. Basically Nic Cage and Elijah Wood as two corrupt cops who end up becoming world-class jewel thieves trying to evade drug cartels. Also has Sky Ferreira.

Oh absolutely, I saw it opening day. I loved the experience, but a day later thinking about it just felt empty.
But at the same time, Fargo S2 was running, which was loved of course. A weird irony in that.

That sounds insane and beautiful. I will life-long be a Nic Cage fan. Thanks.

>Sky Ferreira

She was pretty fucking bad in her small role in The Green Inferno but she is perfect for Lynch. I cannot wait to see her in Twin Peaks.

>Louder than Bombs
very disappointing 2bh

based gilgun, why isnt he cast in more things?

You really haven't missed much, those are unironically the best movies of the year other than maybe Wailing which I haven't seen yet.

The worst part is the rest of the year doesn't really look much better.

No idea. He didn't go full retard like Sheehan, and in my opinion he's far more talented.

>CTRL+F
>No Swiss Army Man

I was I'd also like to add The Neon Demon

Fuck I forgot this was out. I read it's super tweedy though. I don't know if I can handle that many layers of irony (yes I know how hypocritical that is seeing as I'm posting on Sup Forums)

Shit! I forgot about that. It's in my queue.

I had a chance to see Neon Demon early at The Royal but it was a mean day and I went to bed drunk instead. Gave away my ticket to some dude on Bunz.

Why would you do that? Just because Sup Forums somehow likes it doesn't mean it's good.

Batman v Superman

the wailing is fucking amazing desu senpai

Hardcore Henry

I didn't really see it being very irony based. It's a movie that just is what it is and has fun with that.

But I did like it and I think it's very good.

I will defend this movie to my grave. There's a lot to it that people write off.

I may have to check that out. I was unsure on it.

Was wondering if I'd see this.

Literally the best action movie of the year.

It's not incredible, obviously, but it definitely is the harbinger of action.

Also, fucking RIP Anton Yelchin.

Dude had a future cut short by a freak accident.