I never realized how stupid making things sleeker looked...

I never realized how stupid making things sleeker looked. No wonder why the Enterprise lost its appeal as the show progressed.

meet you on C deck OP, in the observation lounge. Guinan is making her special effervescant beverages. Maybe we can get one.

why is there a bartender when you can get your own food and drinks from a replicator?

You're really going to pass up on the opportunity to have a bartender as fucking alpha as Guinan serving you up some well-researched cocktails so that you can talk to your fucking wall to get you a Pabst? GTFO

To be your drink consultant and connoisseur.

"I need something that will fuck the pain away."
"Got something green for ya senpai."

Only job they could find for Guinan, she doesn't have a college degree. Picard had to basically create the position.

Constitution Refit is still the best starship design in the series. B and C a shit. Hated D at first but it grew on my despite still having a ridiculously over-large saucer section. E is damn sexy.

>stupid making things sleeker

A lot of starships in ST enter planetary atmospheres and thus need to be aerodynamically designed

In a world of total automation, real human interaction is especially valued. A replicator can't listen to your troubles and give you pithy advice.

watch this kino you fuck, then tell me about your sexual organs

This fucking thing is canon.

That's fooking butiful

>Constitution Refit is still the best starship design in the series.

Hell yeah. What the fuck is wrong with C?

Hot him but C is just too squat and ugly. I actually think B is a good compromise of the original design and wanting to be sleeker. Then the E is the natural evolution of the B.

How is this a good design?

Captain, may I suggest detaining this user, he hasn't yet proven trustworthy to be alone around alcohol.

Implying Enterprise is anything more than a bad holonovel.

>Enterprise
>canon

All of you can feel free to fuck off.

1701-D a BEST

1701-E a SHIT

>I don't like something so it doesn't count

Grow up.

The Enterprise D looks stupid with its way too long saucer and stubby little warp engines

I like that your Defiant picture has a little Defiant in the corner.

>Don't you hail me or my son ever again

But Commander, I'm about to mary sue us out of this mess by re-coupling the power converters and increasing the matter/anti-matter injectors to 105% and traveling across the fourth dimension with my androgynous friend

>Wil Wheaton thought he was going to grow up to be this

I will never not laugh at the unfunny shitty manlet.

You can only redesign something that already looks good so many times before it starts to look stupid.

So, I didn't watch this series.
Is it like it looks on the inside?
Is literally every window a sunroof?
Or does it like spin around to create artificial gravity away from the core, even though no other Starfleet starship ever needed to do that?

It's incredibly massive so it works the same as the other ships. The saucer section is about as tall as the entire Enterprise D.

I get that, but I mean look at it's design.
The only windows you can see, are on the ceiling, because it isn't rounded in the slightest.

In most starships, there's a handful of rooms where there are windows, the mess hall, captain's quarters, some crew quarters, etc.

Is literally every window a sunroof here? That's got to be awful when you're down getting a drink and just want to glance out at space, maybe at the big awesome nebula the ship is flying by and the coffee in it. Must be a killer on the neck.

NX-01 doesn't make sense in the progression.

Epic

The interior does, the exterior doesn't. This is the problem with prequels made way after, things tend to still look for advanced. See also: Star Wars.

Anyone hear of the JJ Abramsprise A and what that will look like?

Shut up Wesley!

Nope and don't care. After the first trailer and and Simon "Nerds are manchildren who need to grow up" Pegg lying to us I have zero interest in the next movie.

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Big.
Really really big.
Definitely too big to fit inside the V'Ger orifice.

you're on the ball user

Western society is making people increasingly alone and I think this will wreak havoc on mental health. Eventually the government will be outright pressuring people to get together, and not just romantically. Teens already spend a lot of their time interacting online rather than in-person. You still get some connection that way, but it's not the same. Generally most grown adults have their spouse and maybe 1 friend and that's it besides family.

>>Big.
>>Really really big.
>>(SPOILER)
This sounds like a job for Astroglide!

Where my excelsior niggas at

C looks like the retarded, 100 pound overweight love child of B and D. An neither of them are much to look at to begin with.

Damn thing is an enormous dragon dildo.

You trekkies are such fucking nerds

Why I never! Take it back!

The same reason people go out to a bar when they have liquor at home.

damn i love that ship

I wish George Takei would have got his own Excelsior movie

because people who can tell Q to fuck off, are handy to have around. She likes talking to people, so why not be a bartender. Give the crew something to do in off time.

It makes no sense making a spaceship aerodynamic because it's never going to encounter air resistance. Spaceships should be blocky as hell because that would make them cheaper and easier to construct, curves are a bitch. Then again Star Trek is about as scientifically accurate as Blue's Clues so who gives a fuck.

you could make an argument that the shame was determined by the engine needs. Nacells/engineering needing to be a certain place relative to operations to fit in a given warp bubble

*shape

>I don't like the finale of Enterprise where it was revealed to be a bad holonovel so it doesn't count

Aerodynamic ships can still use their impulse drives if all their deflector arrays fail, blocky ships would take far more damage from space dust and debris hitting it full on and having nowhere to slide off.

Some ships, like the Intrepid class (Voyager), can do atmospheric flight, using similar designs makes it obvious they belong to the same fleet and allows more re-using of parts.

Furthermore, even the ships that can't do atmospheric flight may need to: the crew of the Enterprise D wouldn't have survived Generations in a Borg Cube falling through the atmosphere and being unable to glide or slide.

>implying that's a downgrade

>meanwhile...

>He thinks space us empty
See, I really would go of for a while telling you why your statement is retarded at high velocities in space (dependant on where in space too, ofc), but you can fucking Google it yourself. "Space" friction is and always will be a problem of we ever want to get to near ftl speeds without warping space.

>A replicator can't listen to your troubles and give you pithy advice
Not unless you drink more.

Well you have to keep in mind that the B wasn't designed as an Enterprise and I'm pretty sure that the C was only created when required for Yesterday's Enterprise.

>It's a 'Let's pretend we're 20 years younger even though we look like melted wax figures' episode

The NC1701 toNCC1701-D look like a natural progression of designs and pretty cool, the E one is just a flattened B and the NX is plain stupid in this regard. Was its design ever explained in the show?

The NX-01 essentially predates the traditional nacelle-engineering section-saucer section look. I think the originally planned mid-series refit to it would've added a more defined engineering section.
They justify it as being a first stab at something recognizable as a modern starship within the setting.

looks terrible

>picard ever saying "yes" to one of worf's suggestion.

I like how you can see they gradually realized that a ship with a neck is a retarded idea, and eventually reverted to the original design

>tfw think E is genuinely the best-looking
A is nice too but just look at this sexy shit nigga

so you can take guinan back to your quarters and fuck her brains out

A historical re-enactment in the holodeck. Are you that dense?

Because that one episode? Do you think sisko was really just a crazy sci fi writer too?

Archer is also referenced in the 2009 Star Trek. Face it, Enterprise is canon.

Now that planet to planet beaming is a thing, why is anyone still using starships?

I always thought the Enterprise C was a great midpoint. Not too sleek, not too dumpy. Shame we only saw it once.

Because you need to leave the solar system.

It's very dumpy. Those fat ass nacelles are a joke.

Much less so that Nu-Enterprise.

I'll agree on that. Here's hoping the New Enterprise-A in Beyond looks good.

Hey there, Mr. Anonymous!

What can I get you today?

Go watch Voyager and tell me the holodeck parts can come anywhere close to interactions with beings that are not rearranged photons programmed by some autistic wannabe jock

Reminder that the Enterprise D and everything before it was a shit-tier design due to structural weak points easily exploited by the Dominion.

You in the airlock right before we cycle it.

Cumberkhan teleports from Earth to Kronos. He didn't need to leave any solar systems before that.

He never will since all he does is whine like a little bitch on Twitter.

B is the worst. They ruined the beautiful Excelsior design by adding weird pieces and angles. C is good compromise design. Heard the new Trek show will take place between the B and C eras.

If you are not of sound mind, sure

>ships that were essentially glorified space liners are shit because they don't work as warships
ok

I really want to find/buy a replica of Wesley's rainbow uniform with Neelix's apron/hat and wear it to a convention.

Do you think someone will find a replica of an airlock to throw you out of?

>ships that were essentialy glorified space liners in a quadrant filled with hostile empires

This is why Starfeet is fucking retarded and if it wasn't for Q, Data Ex Machina, or wormhole aliens, the Federation would end up getting buttfucked three ways from Sunday.

>not wanting to be a walking shitpost

>not wanting to see the actual (you)s in the flesh

>wormhole aliens
Nigga than there would be no wormhole => no Dominion in alpha quadrant.

That's what the deflector dish is for. It pushes debris as small as single hydrogen atoms out of the way.

Shaddup wesley, E is best

If it was just a stable phenomena, and not the product of benevolent aliens, the Federation would be done.

This nigga gets it.

The refit (and all TMP-->VI movie-era Federation designs) is the GOAT design.

The -D was my fav as a kid, then I thought it was ugly and awkward as a teen, and now, at 30, I'd argue that it's within a hair's breadth of the refit in terms of how iconic/complete the design is.

The E is the one that might have beaten them all, but we never really got to see enough of it.

After seeing that Spiner was one of the fee high-points of Resurgence, it only made me feel that much sadder that we'll never see a late-2010s TNG sequel show with Data as the new captain of the -E, with an all-new cast and occasional cameos by a retired Picard, Ambassador Worf, Admiral Riker, etc.

That show would be comfy AF.

WHERE ARE YOU NETFLIX/AMAZON WHEN I NEED YOU????

Also, Starfleet would run into them anyway when they eventually pushed into the gamma quadrant.

I remember seeing somewhere that replicators can't make true alcohol. So if you want to get shitfaced for real, you need Guinan.

>He doesn't know about navigation shields

>can't
Won't, you don't need your crew having acces to the inexhaustible source of booze.