What does Sup Forums think about Shane Black as a director?

What does Sup Forums think about Shane Black as a director?

I personally think he's great, but I wish he had a more frequent output.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BPyjIou1NKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've seen The Nice Guys.

It was hilarious and the opening really sets the tone of the movie to Dark.

He's bretty gud director.

He always best shined as a screenwriter though.

Iron Man 3 was dank.

What went right?

Both of these films were mediocre

Iron Man 3 is fucking terrible.

Filters out simpletons from any discussion.

The finale was terrible but everything before that makes it the best of the Iron Man movies.

Nothing.

found the Letterboxd user.

Tony's PTSD was interesting.

Not an argument. Not a reply.

That bit where he Macgyvered gear out nail guns and Christmas ornaments and shit was fun.

(You)'re not worth my time and your opinions are worthless anyway. Back to your general.

Nice guys was great. had some stupid jokes that actually managed to make me laugh as well

The Nice Guys was my favorite movie of the year so far

Kiss Kids Bang Bang is actually my favorite comedy

THIS

>Tony [to the woman on fire]: "I've dated hotter chicks than you!"

>Brandt: "Is that all you've got? A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner?"

>Tony: "Sweetheart, that could be the name of my autobiography."

>[blows up Brandt]

based Black.

Iron Man 3 was great until the last 20 minutes. I didn't even give a shit about The Martian or whatever the antagonist was, Ben Kingsley was keks.

The final battle and Gwyneth Paltrow were a mistake.

I unironically want to watch a movie where they aren't fighting anybody specific. Just dicking around doing superhero shit.

Give me an entire Iron Man movie about Tony just fucking around with the science and suit and have Jarvis talk like 200% more than he does normally.

Also bring back Terrence Howard. There are about 2 roles Don Cheadle fits, Rhodey is not one of them.

I haven't seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or The Nice Guys, but I instinctively thought Shane Black was a black guy.

>Kiss Kids Bang Bang
woah calm down pedo

D R O P P E D

nah

kiss kiss bang bang was very good, and probably what made rdj shill for black to direct iron man 3

shane black created lethal weapon, time to get some taste my friend.

>Iron Man 3
>$1 billion+
>dropped

yeah, right. keep fighting your pointless little war on your keyboard though.

The Nice Guys was god tier...i guess the audience is just too feminized to like detective movies now...just bring on the endless slew of by the numbers, no-stakes Disney approved capeshit.

Nice Guys was the funniest movie I've seen in years, hope they make a sequel

If we're being honest, I wound up seeing The Nice Guys and loved it, but the trailer was not exactly enticing me from the beginning. I saw it because my girlfriend and I really wanted to go see a movie but the only two showings we could make were for Warcraft or The Nice Guys and Warcraft looked worse.

I only saw it for the Goose and Crowe.

Their chemistry in the trailer was pretty good imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=BPyjIou1NKs

I had a bit of a prejudice against Gosling but he really turned that around throughout the movie. He won me over as a fan big time.

There were a few parts that seemed shitty to me at the time (but were way more well executed than I expected in the movie): the opening bathroom bit, the swimming after the mermaid in the middle, the corpse squealing and subsequent table crash, and the closing "I'm invincible" joke all seemed kinda Will Ferrellesque to me. They really pulled it off though.

I enjoyed it but think its hugely overrated and it doesn't surprise me that it didn't perform well in the box office, even without factoring in torrenting

It felt like it wanted to be a slow burner, but it just didn't last long. It felt rushed for what it wanted to do and had little payoff.

Still a fun movie, but I can see why some would just brush it off