How can one country be so completely devoid of talent?

How can one country be so completely devoid of talent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fF_zB0VgP_E
youtube.com/watch?v=-bmNBBK3S-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not

>this triggers the weeaboo

OP here uploaded the wrong pic

Soon you'll have a bunch of weebs posting wacky jap versions of western music and the point will still remain

he's right you know

The US objectively has better musicians than weebpan.

Japs make some pretty good EDM. The clubs there are pretty high-class, they take their DJ culture incredibly serious.

貴様!日本のマスターレースを悪用しないでください!!

>what is midori
>who is yoko kanno
They're not as talented as the US but they do have some pretty fun jazz and punk

>who is osamu kitajima

obviously you don't listen to noise rock or experimental jazz, pleb

>ください!!
Japan truly is cucked

Name one good noise rock band from Japan other than melt-banana
I'll wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=fF_zB0VgP_E

>music is locked to the land it was invented in
>globalism exists
surely you can see why you're retarded.

>coupling a rude derogatory term with formal conjugation.
>midori
>good

>moonrunes
bitch you think I can read that shit?

what is XinLiSupreme

Look, Japan actually has really good music, which is not surprising considering they are the 11th most populous country in the world and the fourth most populous Western country, only behind the United States, Brazil, and Mexico (and Russia if you want to count that although I wouldn't). Okay, so Japan is not fully Western but it is highly westernized in comparison to its Eastern neighbors and the music is even more so. If we're going by development of countries, Japan is the second is most populous First World country behind the US. Let's not pretend we don't know highly developed countries have better music because of access to education and recording ability. That is the only thing holding Africa back and yet there are always "how can Africa be so devoid of talent?" threads.

However, in the grand scope of music, Japan is sort of lacking. Sure, we Americans blow them out the water but we have almost three times their population. Whereas a country like the UK or Sweden I would say basically has better music than Japan, especially per capita.

So no, it is not devoid of talent at all but it is lacking in many respects. However if you want to factor in traditional music then I would say Japan blows everyone out of the water except for maybe India or China.

Hijokaidan

Boredoms
Boris

Akira Toryama

lacking is more like France and Spain. Aside from their contributions to classical music, the Spaniards are fucking barren and french music is corny

Mitsuishi Kaganari

Fishboys

eh, they're the only eastern nation to even come close to correctly internalizing any type of music related to Rock, and their particular sentiments towards "imperfection" as a concept makes for interesting jazz

trovach

You fucking take that back you filthy amerifat

It's hard to make music when you're fucking your qt sephardic gf and then passing out for a siesta into the night

Wrong pic OP

I'm looking for some Japan albums, solo artists, or bands that weren't created by studios; just some non-maintream stuff. Is there anything like this in Japan? I'm ignorant about the subject.

this tbqh

he's onto something :P

There's a fuck ton of great psych and noise (besides LRD) which is all pretty underground. I personally like High Rise and Suishou no Fune (I think that's what they're called) LSD March is good too, especially if you like Velvet Underground

youtube.com/watch?v=-bmNBBK3S-Q

>he doesn't like raga or filmi

the only thing better than great jazz is good classica

thank you sir

Name a better saxophonist than Kaoru Abe, protip: you can't

>Boris
>Worlds End Girlfriend
>Mono
>Midori

While Midori is a fun band, I do recommend everyone that likes them to listen to Ground Zero, sadly some of their stuff isn't easy to find

sports yes music no

How could I forget Ground Zero dammit? Revolutionary Pekinese Opera is amazing
So much good experimental music coming out of Japan. The recent Gerogerigegege album was good.