What did you use to make the map?

I like the color palette.

Hand-drawn at first
Scanned and edited using photoshop

Nilfgaard more like
Milfgaard

need smaller countries, like vassals or island nations or free cities

Ikes port and fort schwabb are free cities

As long as your group likes it, it's fine.

Personally I don't care for the large text, bold colors, or how you made an entire country(?) 'Relican rebels'.

It looks like a placemat for a DnDennys placemat at a table.

>Jack Schitt

p good

Relician rebels were an 'alpha' country
But it stuck

I think it would be better if it was less square, and the territories weren't all pretty much the same size. Maybe shrink the rebels area down? Otherwise it's pretty good as long as you have backstory and fluff for all the places marked.

thanks for doing me a map. take care now

Really wrong mate
>A landmass divided practically evenly between anachronic government types
>One of the parts is just "rebels". Not forming their own government despite being the same extention than their empire
>Ignoring economic development and pressure in a land contested like that
>No dozens of inevitable satellite states considering the political fractions of an empire and their rebels

Fantasy is better the more it gets near reality

Yeah rebels is a bit big. And we did get all backstory written and whatnot

>the boonies
>the sticks
>fish city
>steve's swamp
>jack schitt

man the republic of karstaag is a fucking shit hole isnt it? sounds like flordia to me

Yes it was based off of florida actually

Not op. I feel a lot of that is nit picking but I agree with "fantasy is better the closer it is to reality"

The rebels land is about 75% unusable desert. The empire doesn't care that much about that land. They want The Lush and The Great Divide for the strategic position and land. The other countries are smaller in comparison because the population isn't as spread out and there are much more resources.

It is nitpicking mate; details are what it's all about

Pallet Town

Thrallgon and the Rebels are even worse. One is an icy wasteland with nothing but decaying bodies and trash everywhere, and the other is just unusable dessert.

Op here
Why would an empire not want land
But hey do whatever you want wit the map

shit tier. geography makes zero sense. political boundaries are a joke (all nations are the same size in real life, right? all the interesting sea coast is in the north, but the east coast is pretty much just a straight line (ran out of paper, huh?)... yeah.

tl;dr: it stinks.

This,

Aesthetically,

> more landmarks/points of interest. Coves, coasts, caves/mines, meadow/glades, add unique natural areas.

>continent/map shape is very bland. make it a more non-uniform shape.

My advice would be to redo your map in a way that every different color is a much more detailed, and zoomed in map.

5.5/10

spencer?

The east coast was more of an 'oh shit' moment. I was drawing it and realized that it shouldnt be scare but was in pen and liked what i had going

W0t

It's literally just a funky version of everything east of the Mississippi

Its a map of the cities
Not really got everything on it, making different versions for sure

All these details should be on the map. Not judging aesthetically, but economic and political considerations are *always* needed

Exactly

It's a bad map because it has no purpose. Your borders and towns could all be moved around with no consequence. Good maps have better natural looking land formations and cities that makes sense along those. Dotting cities all over a big cut out region is dumb and impractical.

Yeah. I've done the same exact thing 900 times. I just start over again when I do.
My major gripe is that I want to get more of a sense of the geography of these places. Show me rivers, mountains, deserts, plains, and forests.

this. this all day.

Oh shit... It is.

Ill totally get a biome map going

>barely any rivers or lakes
>Little notable topography

Are the citizens of these lands dying of thirst, or in the constant struggle for usable natural resources? Are there any mines? I don't see much in the way of mills with so little water, so there can't be much in the way of grain or timber being produced. I cant see much in the way of importable goods here. You need a river coming down the the ice glades into a tributary at The Great Port

Constantinople huh? That is a place already, man. You're killing me.

Theres many waterways that i felt like would cut a lot of the map off
Again karstaag/empire border is river going into green lake

is it

Also all cities right next to the blocked off lands on the west side are mining towna

By capturing the South the Great Divide would be gained no matter what because it can only be reached from the South. The border between Thrallgon and the Rebels in also a bottomless pit, and impenatrable mountains. The west side of the Rebels is also impenetrable mountains. The empire would only be able to reach the Rebels by water, and they would be quickly destroyed by the Western cities. In other words, it's nearly impossible to take that land.

Glad somebody else is using it!

No its not spencer sorry

Istanbul, not Constantinople.

The 5th relican empire must have a shitty army or be a peaceful nation if it can't take that strip of land from karstagg

Ask the turks

if there are "impenetrable mountains" in between the relician and the rebels than how did that area come under relician control in the first place? who are the rebels rebelling against? your explanations are only making the map worse. also, bottomless pit? dude are you 12?

So, you basically just ripped off names from every moderately successful RPG released in the last ten years or so?

Read more books.

wew

Its not op saying rhat shit
Im op and no there arent impenetrable mtns
Theres mtns but not i.penetrable mtns
And the pit is a massive valley like death valley

The empire's military is currently in a state of disarray.

>Unusable desert
>Filled with cities and towns
Pick one

>Farht

The majority of the city and stuff names are satire because this is a heavily satire game

I can see that, but I would still give more thought into adding rivers at least, if I was anywhere on the east side of that map, I'd never be able to slake my thirst.

Zip?

alright. that's fine. I got trolled, I guess.

No cities in desert 1 in plateaus
A biome map would be handy actually

Also rivers that are in east side but not as major as the nile

Im in pa @zip guy

My friend who is big into DnD says it's shit. Makes no sense.

>Ask for input on map
>Makes shitty excuses and shoots downs everyone's ideas.

I was going to tell you to go ask
but you already did

Im actually writing all the criticism down in skype so i can work to fix the map i just feel the need to clarify some talking points

>writing criticism down in skype

Bruh

Friend whos in my d&d group posted that to tg

What do you mean no cites the whole map is evenly distributed by towns. (Also unrealistic as fuck)

The desert has like 1 city and thats a fort
If thats relicia you're talking about

Your friend is smarter than you.
:^)

The map is mostly just super high fantasy, not really meant for any of this "realism."

Bruh
Realism is good but yeah mainly high fantasy

Rivers are good needs more tho

So to the north and east is water, what's to the west and south? Also needs more defining features, show the mountain ranges, the deserts, forests. It just looks like a colourful square.

A bit square but i like it

Yeah biome map is next

Where the fuck are the defining features
>rebels bigger than empire
What is their economy

What the fuck is a Sex Mundi?

A theme park city that is latin for "Sex World."

Dont go there though
Theres aids up the ass

why is Järl bay shaped like an uncut dick?

Because it is.

Jarl bay is stupid

What's to the west and south?

Unused space/barrier mountains
Other countries will be there at a later time

Bad/Lazy Naming:

Steve's Swamp
Skeeters
Cletus Town
The Sticks
Fish City
Fort Death
Fort New

And The Edge, only fags name places after U2 members

so... i think the problem with D&D maps is a lot like modern fps campaigns

traveling to a million different locations

why not 1 dungeon, very in depth, more like diablo, less like CoD... at each city/village/locale?

I can understand
But this map has more of an overworld crawling/exploration style to it

Ive never been great at naming things

We're going to Pike City, bitch!

no worries... i "get" it.

if you need names for baddies, there are "LotR name generators" out there... usually not awful

Yeah for the majority of it i used latin google translate and i use those name generators
Good for somethings
Sometimes cant hit the nail woth the hammer

Im going to start the biome map soon
Actually