3>7>6>5>8>2>4>1

3>7>6>5>8>2>4>1

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3hZ_ZyzCO24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3 > 4 > 7 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 8
objectively

oops, 6 should go between 3 and 4

goblet isnt the second best and you forgot half blood prince.

olay goblet isnt the third best. no way is it better made than dh1 or ootp.

1 totally beats 2

What did all the other sixth graders from Sup Forums think when you told them?

it certrainly is. dh1 is debatable, but ootp is really meandering and is too much filler. snape's wors tmemory is butchered, too much focus on luna and romance. 4 had dragons and merpeople and shit. it kicked ass. yeah it was an action movie but at least shit was always happening. OOTP's one diamond point is the fight between dumbledore and voldemort.

I dont think so, not that I don't like 1. I like them all. You think Goblet is better or worse than both?

OOTP was a really good adaptation imo and it nailed its tone and had a great buildup and climax. Goblet had just as much romance. I think Goblet is the worst directed or maybe only slightly better than Colombus.

3 > 6 > 2 > 4 > 1 > 7 B > 7 A > 5

Biggest mistake WB ever made was not delaying Goblet so Alfonso would come back.

DH1 is one of the best, easily and its much better as a film than DH2

>OOTP was a really good adaptation imo
>cut the scene where harry and dumbledore talk to each other and harry sees dumbledore cry
>butchered snape's worst memory
>montages set to silly music
>grawp CGI
>no footage of quidditch or ron winning
it was okay but in terms of adaptations it was pretty off the mark

Dogshit>>>Harry Poter. Seriously it's one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a least the books were good though
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

but i agree....we will never get a single take second and third task.......

no way is goblet better than DH1 or OOTP tho. Ill give you its better than the first and the last heres my updated
3>7>6>2>4=5>1>8

yate adaptations centered around harry and then the gang in other aspects. it fit the film you cant include everything. i think its really solid as are all of yates but i like dh2 the least of his.

I prefer B to A but they were both decent. 5 for me starts at 60 % and ends at 3 with about a 90%

5 destroyed so many elements of what made OOTP charming to read but it wasn't a great book I suppose so it was never going to be a great movie.

it did the orwellian brazilian thing really good, the book had a lot to be cut though i think the film works and harrys development is one of the best

You can't honestly say Goblet is a better done film than OOTP or the Deathly Hallows. Don't take into account the books just the films as standalone or as an accompaniment. If we take into account the books Goblet is even worse because its a poor adaptation at best.

1 > 2 > 3 > lost interest and don't care

too bad for you the latter ones are the best

user are you me? I use this exact order obviously with 6 going between 3 and 4

you're not missing out lad
they get worse and worse

What is added in the extended versions of the first two films?

3 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 8 > 7
FTFY

shit taste 7 is great along with 6 bro. come on 3 6 7 are the best.

nah 5 6 7 were better than 4

just some little stuff but i like the extended versions

>there are people on this board that dont think order of the phoenix was the worst movie
You kidding me? it was all boring filler bullshit the only thing good about it was based umbridge

How the fuck is 7 any good?
It's literally 2 hours of them walking through a forest with upset Ron.

It was a cash grab and could have been the opening 30 minutes of 8.

>nah 5 6 7 were better than 4
nah they're all garbage after 3 and before 3, neet pleb

They should have cut Grawp entirely and replaced his scene with Quidditch.

Grawp was in the series for 10 minutes, not even to return for the final battle, complete waste of time.

...Are we listing Movie-Hermione by attractiveness?

Where Gryffindor geographically is?

my god can you be more fucking dull. it wasnt a cash grab the original print was 5.5 hours long for the deathly hallows. heyman didnt think they could even call it the deathly hallows and feature the hallows if they didnt split it up. 7 works as a standalone perfectly and as a penultimate entry it allows the story to breathe and the character shine. it got the tone right from the book and is very eerie in its portrayal of them on the run in a corrupt society.

Shit, i meant Hogwarts

She was at her prime in Chamber of Secrets, and slowly went down hill after that, now she looks like a tranny.

You're taste is shit. Yates and Cuarons were great. Half blood prince is one of the best as is deathly hallows part 1.

Scotland.

>Yates
Complete pleb fuck with no taste detected.

my dick says otherwise......and hasnt stopped yet 3 4 5 6 7 my dick

Yea sure....keep telling yourself that. Half-Blood Prince and DH1 are perfect. I domt even really like DH2. But Idziak, Delbonell and Serra along with Yates and Hooper and Desplat and the cast did a great job

Then why was the book shorter than Order of the Phoenix?
They somehow did that in one movie.

Less source material ≠ Movie that needs two parts

i dont know if youre retarded but DH1 is a separate film that works on its own and better than DH2. there was plenty of material before the big battle to make a film and ending with dobbys climax after the entire film is about comraderie and fighting against odds was dome very well its a great midpoint. think about making a film. ootp had no midpoint to break up into two films and this is evident in that they did it all and got the message across in the film even though it was the shortest film it was the biggest book with the most fat

t. an utter tasteless plebeian

I would bet my entire life savings that you think ESB is the best Star Wars movie.

to add theres more of a reason to split up goblet into two than order. they did order fine and got the message and the messages across better than the book. less isnt always more order of the pheonix part 1 sounds like it ends terribly and is pretty underwhelming

You keep saying plebian.....nice arguments. 6 7 were fantastic go read some reviews if you cant see it.

Get some taste.

What if I told you that I actually like Star Wars and ROTJ more..I don't think the series is fantastic btw

I do have some, PLEB

Philosopher's Stone
Flick 8
Movie 8
Film 7
Cinema 7
Kino 6

Chamber of Secrets
Flick 9
Movie 7
Film 8
Cinema 8
Kino 7

Prisoner of Azkaban
Flick 8
Movie 9
Film 9
Cinema 10
Kino 10

Goblet of Fire
Flick 10
Movie 9
Film 7
Cinema 6
Kino 7

Order of the Phoenix
Flick 7
Movie 9
Film 8
Cinema 8
Kino 8

Half-Blood Prince
Flick 10
Movie 10
Film 10
Cinema 10
Kino 10

Deathly Hallows Part 1
Flick 9
Movie 9
Film 9
Cinema 10
Kino 10

Deathly Hallows Part 2
Flick 10
Movie 10
Film 8
Cinema
Kino 8

>I do have some
Yeah pleb fucking taste and no cinema IQ

wow were you actually autistic enough to write all of that?

do you agree?

>"Why is Sup Forums the worst moderated board on Sup Forums and when will the mods there get fired?"
What did you mean by this?

you know that HP is almost 20 years old, right?

GoF is too high. DH2 is too high.

OOTP to low DH1 too low HBP a little low

7.2>2>3>1>6>5>7.1>4

R8 h8

as you can see by the audience scores GoF is lower than critics OOTP and DH1 are higher than critics

the first 3 were great, peaking with the 3rd.

it all went downhill from there, 4 was awful and probably the worst one, then again I only watched DH1-2 like once and I remember them being pretty shit too

Theres no reason to like DH2 that much and Yates others that little because they are arguable better.

4 is easily the worst but the others are even better on rewatches. You should do them in order you wont think they are badly done after Goblet of Fire, theres a reason Yates stayed on.

so it's for children of all ages?

t. film can't possibly be a different medium or anything, things like the Shining dont exist

both versions of the shining are trash though. also 80s action trash is for children too and it's almost 30 years

Its funny how some people dont realize the direction the series took was taken because the studio dealt with Cuaron who injected something different into the series. Had it not been well recieved they wouldnt have felt comfortable going with Yates.

as far as horror films go its not trash

the filming techniques for most of the potter films were impressive, its a big series but they did it right

>The Shining is trash

fuck off contrarian pleb

I've seen a lot of these threads and it always surprises me, people like all of them differently in different orders. Not that its surprising people have different tastes, but its a testament to how good the series is. They are all highly regarded

no but my OP somehow does that as well.

>as far as horror films go its not trash
yes it is. if you want a film that does similar shit but does it well, watch The Haunting(60s). it's actually creepy, and actually has interesting characters

who's your favourite shining character. the kid who can't act, the weepy pathetic woman who never does anything, or the overblown caricature that is Jack Nicholson?
go back to imdb and take op with you

i dont like the shining because of the characters i like it because of kubricks directing most of all. i dont think its one of his best tho

well now you need to make that list with pictures

3>7>6>4>1>2>5>>>>>

2>3>6>1>8>7>5>4

kino is better in motion

holy shit nigger are you me? thats a pretty spot on ranking

See we have lots of different opinions thats always good to see

Unironically this. They're dogshit and the third one is the only one that tried to be something more. Plebs will tell you the first two are good, but its a tumblr meme by mongs trying to impress people on facebook.

>1
Despite clocking in at over two solid hours, the movie fails to properly set up and develop its characters and their back-stories, there is almost no build up and, even worse still, chemistry between the actors here. - 0/5
>2
Cramming in every "plot point" you can find in the book does not engaging storytelling make, and it's a wonder there ever was a third movie. - 0/5
>3
Splendid. An entirely enjoyable pop fantasy adventure that never for a moment insults the intelligence. By very very very very far the best of the Potter movies, the only one that manages to capture the funky mad energy of J.K. Rowling's hogwash. - 2/5
>4
Easy come, easy go. - 0/5
>5,6,7,8
Didn't see them

This series is genuinely worse than Star Wars 1-6 (I've seen episode 7 now and its more of a superhero movie than Star Wars)

Nah m8, it's 4>3>1>2>7>8>6>5.
4 is pure Kino.
The entire film is the Potter equivalent of Bravo Nolan's plane scene.
In time, you will all acknowledge this.

>posting this pasta again
>havent seen the half of it
If its you, you should kys mr its worse than star wars but in havent seen four films

Youre proving yourself wrong you idiot. Look at how many people rank 4 the worst ITT. You'd have to be a memeing meister to think its kino, which you are

*pure kino

Nah, my patrician tastes are just too ahead of the game. Don't worry about it though, you'll come around. Give 4 another watch, it's comfy and funny as fuck.

>mouth breathing troglodyte thinks he can post directly at me whilst using Twitter meme slang

they are all comfy i just prefer better filmmaking and acting, the directing was suspect DIDYA PUTYA is the prive evidence, although emma and rupert did a very good job. british humor is always funny to me i thought some others were just as funny.

evidence no. 2 of Newells bad directing is David Tennants tonguing.

You have some pure kino too low on your list like 6 and 7.

as far as soundtracks go

1 - 9/10
2 - 10/10
3 - 10/10
4 - 10/10
5 - 10/10
6 - 10/10
7 - 9
8 - 8

>too much focus on luna

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day

he also offered his interest to come back for deathly hallows

del toro wanted to do hbp lmao fuck del toro hbp was fantastic

>DIDYA PUTYA
That's one of the thing that makes it great. The absolutely bizarre acting and directing! Dumbleroar, Barty Crouch's voice, Barty Crouch Jr's tongue, plots being introduced and dropped at random and the weirdly camp Lord Voldemort's "don'tyouturnyourbackonmeharrypotter!". Shit I'm sure there's many more that I'm forgetting right now.

Perhaps. I haven't watched them in years. Maybe I need to reappraise them too.

Did you miss all the posts where plebs were calling these low iq flicks "film" and "kīno"?

no its kind of cringe. but i still enjoy it i mean it works as a whole because its directed like that the entire time, the shining third task pissed me off but i admit it works good in the movie. gambon was much better in 3 and 6.

you should watch them in order

Nice shitposting keep it up (You)

OOTP was the best because pic related

Vid about 3 if anyone's interested
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3hZ_ZyzCO24

There nuances like that in the others that doesnt make it great but it could make it good

You too, kinosabe.
Make sure you keep forcing more reddit meme culture on a board you just joined.

Nice projecting

Don't you ever fucking call me a pleb again.

It okay hes just at the bare bones. I like how the novikov self consistency principle plays into the plot of Buckbeak never dying in any timeline and the patronus being so strong because Harry's point of view in the time travel/time loop.

Yates can be analyzed like this as well. Idk about Colombus and Newell