le monkes

holy FUCK

pretty sure only autists still do

Orangutans aren't monkeys

yeah Pongo pygmaeus, Orangutans for plebs like you, are actually APES

can u not?

>monkeys laugh at me for doing something
>somehow this is supposed to dissuade me from continuing to do it

Why do people here use last.fm and RYM? You're listening to music like robots. Why do you care so much that you need to rate your albums and see how many times you listened to a song? Just listen and try to really get into it. Some people here get upset when they find out they haven't been listening to an album as much as they thought they had and force themselves to go through it more. What's the point? I tried both services and realized I wasn't enjoying music when trying rate my enjoyment as seeing statistics about my listening habits. Idk, man.

because autism

t. finds his music off youtube

wtf are yo retards talking about, pretty sure they us those sites to find out about new music and network

I used to use last.fm and I actually found some nice things through its recs. Now that I don't anymore, most recent example I recall useful was some song I enjoyed some years ago which name I had forgotten, so I browsed my old profile and found it. It's fairly unknown so I would have never found it otherwise.
I still use RYM. I rate things out of habit, but mostly I use it to explore the genre tags for similar things that I already like and mainly to have a sort of history of things I have listened to. When you have gone through a lot of albums having a list becomes useful for remembering them later on. There are things I have enjoyed but I still manage to forget due to the sheer amount of music available. Usually things I listened years ago, became regular listening for a few months and eventually stopped listening to them altogether because as much as I might enjoy something, I don't want to completely burn it into my mind. I find that if I give albums I enjoy some 2 or 3 years of waiting time, they age like fine wine. On the other hand, there are a pair of albums I listened to easily over 100 times in the span of a year because I liked them so much, but I 'learned' them so well that I never enjoyed them the same again, even after waiting a long time before giving them another try.

Basically anything that gives me an idea of where to go next is good in my book. I don't look at ratings that much. If it's favorably mentioned somewhere, or the description sounds like something I'd enjoy, I try to find time for it.

It's true, ever since the update last.fm is a complete piece of shit. I just use RYM as it's way more useful than last.fm, but I fear RYM will go the last.fm route and become unusable soon via that SONEMIC shit.

what the actual FUCK are those things?

forgot to include:

tl;dr: I have autism

I just scrobble out of habit now, shame what happened to the site

I hadn't considered that for some reason. It's not the way I find new music.
Hey thanks for the reply. I see now how it's useful for people who are really into music. I may actually use it in the future now.

>You're listening to music like robots
This is kind of true. I wanedt last.fm to be just a platform for tracking what I listen to, but I kept getting obsessed with scrobbling. It's almost like it's more important than the music itself. It's kind of sad considering I'm not even using the site to show of my taste or anything. I haven't interacted with anyone on last.fm since I made my account. I really should delete it. It's turning music into a chore for me.

t. sperg

Used to be the scrobble king for most listens to Mahmoud Awad - left it playing in the background for a few days once.

post your acc

no

I used to use both because that was the only way I'd have a reason to actually post here because outside those threads there are never any about music I like anyway.

do it. what do you have to lose? unless you have it connected to your identity then why hide?

I use RYM because it's a great site to catalog and discover music

Last.fm is dumb though

That's more your issue than last.fm's issue desu. At least before they fucked their own website up, I used it mainly for the social features and database, giving and getting recs, messaging, charts, etc. and it was an excellent platform for that. The social features are pretty much fried now, but it's still a great way to keep a digital backup of your library and a good source of music info, and I only check in maybe once a week to see what's up. Its totally possible to use without become an incessant neurotic about your listening habits.

RYM on the other hand, I don't really get. Seems like it has decent social features compared to last.fm now, but the rating/reviewing system seems to heavily encourage that aforementioned neuroticism. People who spend a lot of time there tend to become somewhat regressive and insane (you know who you are)

I just use last.fm as a log so whenever i feel like it i can go and see what i listened a few months ago or years ago, it's kind of like taking pictures of yourself, you remember the things that happened to you back in the day, your feelings, mood... it's a nice nostalgic feeling.

I dont really have a rym account, fron time to time i go to the 2017 chart to see the best albums and maybe listen to some that i haven't yet if i feel like it

>Imperio_Espa_ol_Completo.svg.png
?

Wat?

>I user RYM to discover new music
>taste is literally a copypaste of the /daily/ general
Really schmoozles your noozles.

WE

Im trying to but spotify wont fucking let me turn last.fm scrobble off. every time i turn it off it automatically turns back on and i get spammed with notifications "WRONG PASSWORD FOR LAST.FM PLEASE TRY AGAIN"

FUUUUUUUUUCK

I use it when I think of genres I might enjoy. Found some great jazz funk artists who aren't Miles Davis.

Rym is critical for aoty. Far more useful than bullshit charts and much less neurotic than exactly ordered lists.

RYM is nice for browsing genre tags and finding some new stuff. Rating stuff is partially because I like to contribute, mostly because I gain an autistic sense of accomplishment but cataloging as much music as I possibly can. Same sense of accomplishment I get from downloading an album I'm only ever going to listen to once on FLAC onto my laptop with a shitty sound card instead of just listening to it on on spotify.

Absolutely. Shame it doesnt scrobble everything accurately

What the fuck are you implying dude

yep and you can't stop me!

But apes are monkeys, baka.

are you me?

What happened to libre.fm?

last.fm/user/keatonxzx

haha, funny cats

I realized this very quickly when I made a last.fm account back in the day, immediately listening to music started feeling more contrived so I just stopped straight away.

It would maybe have been cool to have had a record of everything I've listened to since 2010, but I really don't care if it is going to impact how I feel when I'm listening to music.

>so I browsed my old profile and found it. It's fairly unknown so I would have never found it otherwise

Thank you sempai, i do this almost daily. Last.fm was ahead of its time back then and will continue to be useful to me for years to come if only for the logs.

>I realized this very quickly when I made a last.fm account back in the day, immediately listening to music started feeling more contrived so I just stopped straight away.
Exactly like me, I already listened to lot of stuff before I started last.fm and din't want to do it again

It only takes a few seconds to rate an album on RYM

Last.fm just irritates me because It'll show that I've listened to my favorite albums wayy too much