Ask a male nurse who just made a huge med error and whose job future is unknown and is drinking himself into oblivion...

Ask a male nurse who just made a huge med error and whose job future is unknown and is drinking himself into oblivion at home now anything.

what did you do?

What exactly did you do?

What did you do to so badly fuck up?

botched circumcision maybe

Removed the wrong leg

I got busy with another patient and forgot to check off that I had given a different patient her meds, they were then given again by the oncoming nurse who in all rights saw that the med had not been given. It wasn't something like a tylenol either, it was pretty important and dosed correctly it helps, incorrectly, it's bad. Really bad.

You will be fired, and you will never be a nurse again. Go on a murderous rampage while you can, and kill all the old fuck who are just a parasite in the health system

Is it not an electronic system? Here I scan all the meds and they are electronically marked off as I prepare them/give them

It was a home med that wasn't in the system, so it had to be manually clicked off.

Or so I thought.

They had added labels to the bags they were in and I didn't notice.

Fuck 2017.

Medical malpractice lawyer hear. My dick is getting hard thinking about fucking your pretty little murse ass up.

Enjoy scrubbing toilets for the rest of your life

Yeah. 4 years of training down the drain.

I never wanted to be a nurse.

Doctorfag here

What was the med?

Keppra.

Just read about the dosages for that drug. Looks complicated as fuck.

Just don't tell anyone and hope the patient doesn't die. Ignore the ethical shit part of your brain and tell no one. With any luck they'll just sleep for longer than usual and nobody will notice anything is wrong.

Sounds like an honest mistake user, try not to beat yourself up about it. She at least old enough to chalk it up to "natural causes" when she inevitably dies?

Did you fuck a lot of nursing students when you were at school?

Seizure fag here;
She'll be fine. I've double dosed on keppra, lamictol, and locosomide with no serious side effects. More drugs won't cause a seizure if that's what you're worried about

Yes.

Thank god.

Why was she in hospital?

Why was she in THE hospital, you meant to say.

No, i don't know which hospital so using the the indicator would be incorrect

>"lawyer"
>can't spell
Probably true.

Ah, so why was she in A hospital is what you really meant. Got it. Thanks.

He spelled lawyer correctly you retard

No indicator is necessary

"Where is Billy?"

"Billy is in store."
"Billy is in car."
"Billy is in cave."
"Billy is in building."
"Where wolf?"
"There wolf. There castle."

Billy is kill

underrated post

is it stressful being a doctor, like everyday?

med student fag here.

you don't get fired for that shit right??

that can happen to anyone

How many pubes are on your ball sack? Pls count and post pics with results to confirm

Fellow male RN here (who was engaged through out nursing school... FUCK)

Honestly, if this is like a first time I highly doubt you're going to be FIRED. You may be disciplined but I think you're going to be fine.

Amerifags don't get it. The correct English is, 'in hospital'. Like 'at church', or 'in bed'.

Anyway OP, was your mistake noticed? In my profession we have a new ruling where we are supposed to report our own mistakes even if they weren't capable of causing harm. I call it the 'fuck that for a lark' system.

WTF, you'd think they'd have some sort of checking system to keep this from happening, but then again I forget these are institutions that charge people a thousand dollars for an aspirin and then routinely work people with critical life threatening responsibilities for 48 hours straight

Medfag here, internal med

These mistakes happen, and they are learning experiences

The process is usually as follows
>review committee
>identify error
>identify corrections to prevent future errors
>educate
>conclude

Also, as someone who pays about 20k in malpractice insurance per year, the only way to definitively file a suit is if you were negligent, harmed the patient, and breached your duty as a nurse. If you don't meet 2-3 of these criteria, you essentially won't have to worry about being sued (who gives a fuck if you raised their seizure threshold a few tiers, they're not gonna die)

Chill, relax, you likely won't be fired, and you'll most likely have to report to admin for statements and such