Ok, so Klingons are a warrior race, right?

Ok, so Klingons are a warrior race, right?

Well why don't they cut their hair short so that their enemies don't grab it during combat?

As it stands, it looks like they'd be easy pickins in a huge melee.

Klingons don't give a fuck

They eat live worms and sleep on slabs. Why the fuck would they worry about their hair?

If someone grabs a Kingon's hair, it's scalp falls off. Similar to how a lizard can shed it's tail when it's been grasped onto.

based on that logic, why aren't you asking why they don't actually pursue technology and medicine more eagerly?

why didn't japanese samurais cut their hair short or whatever?

there's a motivation to keep your hair long for honor, but that doesn't get overridden by the desire to be prepared to fight.

culture is complicated. waving away questions like these is really easy - stupidly so.

>Grab faggot klingon's hair in a fight
>Get ba'tlethed in the face
Brilliant plan user.

Maybe they don't fight like earth women.

>hey dont move or hit me for sec so I can reach around your head and grab all dat hair and do my sweet finishing move lol

Because they primarily fight in space ships.

The added challenge of having that disadvantage. The greatest Klingon warriors have their hair incredibly long and shaped into handles to show how unafraid they are of their hair being grabbed.

Neither did Spartans or Samurai.

I think with Spartans it had to do something with the theory that it would make the ugly men more fearsome, while making the beautiful men more beautiful, and that they felt that that would give them an advantage; it exaggerated the features and gave a larger than life feel to the soldiers.

Tons of warrior cultures didn't go for short hair.

because hair pulling is a bitch move and klingons are all about fighting with honor and shit

>it would be dishonorable to pull a mans hair you petaQ!

Klingon martial arts are very much about managing your distance with the other fighter. That's why the bat'leth is such a long weapon. So being able to grab someone's hair isn't really an issue. If you are in the situation of your hair being possibly grabbed, yo uae already fucked.

The only Klingon with short hair was Worf.

And he was an earth-born bitch.

Remember when Klingons were just a more martial and pragmatic version of the Federation and not just some muh honor Neanderthals?

That's what happens when you let fanboys write official material.

yeah, like 50 fucking years ago.

>you'll never see that "Way of the Warrior" off-camera fight on DS9 where a bajoran deputy whips around a KDF trooper by his hair on the promenade

In some warrior cultures you grow out your hair and knot it whenever you kill or defeat someone, and cut it all off if you get defeated. For the klingons its probably an honor thing.

What was the name of that species that says "WANT TO PLAY, HUMAN?" again?

combat is star trek has always been goofy

>shaped into handles
kek

Is the lock-your-hands-together a legit strat?

Only if you want to double your attack power.

It can be deadly if it hits the back of the opponent's head.

Would you pull a klingon's hair, would you pull a dothraki's hair?

Posturing.

Their enemies won't get that close.

In a major combat a samurai would be wearing a helmet, and may even be on a horse. Hair-pulling is generally a non-issue. In a duel it would be a dishonorable strategy, and also less-effective in a one-on-one fight anyway.

>why didn't japanese samurais cut their hair short or whatever?

they did. They had top nots. Shaved top heads and little ponytail things in the back.

The main reason armies cut their soldiers hair short is lice prevention. Up until very recently, disease was much greater threat than enemy action.

its greased oiled up you clown, obviously.

I'm talking about from behind. During a fight to slit their throat.

Spartans also had long, well groomed hair.

BRAP BRAP BRAAAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP!

I prefer the moustache twirling Klingons of TOS myself. The next gen Klingon episodes were some of the cringiest television I've ever watched.

Ok, so lions are predators, right?

Well why don't they cut their mane short so that their enemies don't grab it during combat?

As it stands, it looks like they'd be easy pickins in a huge melee.

Only male lions have manes and lions don't have knives to slit each other's throats with after pulling their head back by their coifs.

Only if you can't get the highground.

>and lions don't have knives to slit each other's throats with
Bruh i have scars that will never heal from a 10lb house cat. They totes have knives.

Yeah, but you don't have fur and a lions mane goes complete;y around its neck.

>but you don't have fur
I have a fursuit.