youtube.com/watch?v=ht8FlJjdBJY&t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=d-0vGEQw2VY
soundcloud.com/catch22otm
youtube.com/watch?v=ORwbRdlaHfE
youtube.com/watch?v=baATiZQplUY
youtube.com/watch?v=_xqnqmB4QxE
soundcloud.com/yungrockafella/i-cant-even
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ugh why do people defend this album? Everyone know Illmatic and It Was Written (and even that took us 10+ years to get into) are the only viable albums in Nas's discography.

>retards don't know that it's an Earth, Wind, and Fire homage

Depends. For the majority of the time that produced the cultural artifacts we most associate with ancient Egypt, the ruling class and the majority of the people were a semitic people related to but separate from Arabs and Jews. There have been exceptions however, such as the 25th dynasty, which was made up of Nubian Kushites and would have indeed been black. Another notable exception would be Cleopatra, who was a member of the line of Ptolemaic Macedonians who ruled for almost 300 years during the Hellenistic period. There's some dispute over the ethnicity of her mother and grandmothers, but all the males in her lineage and most of the females were verifiable Macedonian Greeks.

Also Egyptian stuff was cool in the 90s.

Gods Son and Stillmatic are fuckin dope you buggin

>niggers become kangs and shiet
>its the last dynasty
CANT MAKE THAT SHIT UP

Sup Forums has never ever been able to have a non-shitty punk or hip-hop thread.

This these autistic people can't have a normal conversation without bringing up race

If Moot deleted Sup Forums, it would be possible.

fun fact: nas almost died like that faggot from the kill bill movies by choking on the mask of clay or whatever the fuck.

Check out my mixtape

Can I post my chaaarts?

bump

No, but you can talk about Egyptians if you like.

...You can't tell me what to do!
I'M AN ADULT!

I have striked again.

Enjoy my hip hop charts so I can feel good about myself for once.

Sup Forums is a containment board, like /mlp/

7/10
better than I thought but still filled with some thrash

WE

WUZ

KANGS

N

SHIEEEET

Let's try and get this rolling again, what shit is dropping this year or next and excites you? Anyone hype for new Run the Jewels tour? Upcoming GZA album about the cosmos? And did you hate For Your Eyes Only?

Brazilian version of RAP GOD

youtube.com/watch?v=e_xGeZDk3Sw

Sup Forums really has invaded all the boards.

I'm pumped for the new Rugged Man album, the last one was incredible.

>forgetting The Lost Tapes

Sup Forums is not your safe space

Nobody talked about any safe space. But couldn't you guys sound less parrot-like?

t b h these used to be pretty good before OMG LE MEME RAP LOLOLOL KEK started happening.

Drake literally has nothing left to say. I think that's why he's stopped rapping and moved on to dancehall/pop stuff. The dude has the lyrical ability of 2015 Jay Z but it only took 5 years instead of 25.

pic is my top 5 so far this year but it's been pretty thin..

youtube.com/watch?v=ht8FlJjdBJY&t=16s

>what shit is dropping this year or next and excites you?

Turbo Grafx 16, Bad Vibes Forever (XXXTENTACION), Dreamchasers 4.5, You Will Regret (Ski Mask) and the new Kendrick album.

is xxxtentacion actually any good?

I think he's awesome and he quickly became my favorite new school rapper. He has a lot of different styles so I think most hip hop fans can find at least one song of his that they enjoy.

If you like pissed off rap, check out ImSippinTeaInYoHood, RIP Roach, Caution (just a snippet but still amazing) and Save Me.

If you like Bryson Tiller type RnB, check out I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore.

If you enjoy lyrical shit, check out Riot, Vice City, Skin and Let's Pretend We're Numb.

hes a fucking psychopath or something, dude needs help. his charges are a puddle of mud too as stories are everywhere.

look at me is fucking hype tho

he looks like a meth head

Why is 98% of today's hip-hop trash?

WE WERE KINGZ N SHIT NIGGA

cause you don't look hard enough

faggot

Why are 98% of today's Sup Forumstants trash?

WE

Anyone know of any more good industrial/experimental hiphop artists like clipping. or Shabazz Palaces?

This band called Death Grips if you haven't heard of them, they're pretty underground.

WE

yeah. Drizzle only seems motivated when he is sending shots at Tory Lanez and Meek. Those are the only moments on More Life were that energy is tangible and feels legit.

>You OVERNIGHT CELEBRITY YOU ONE DAYSTAR

or

>Y'all fuckin' hilarious
>Y'all really think you niggas teamin' up and scarin' us
>Y'all niggas is arrogant, y'all sleep at the Sheraton
>All that shit embarrassin'
>Tell your big homie I'm all for goin' there again
>He ain't even die and I ball with his inheritance
>All that's in my account at the Bank of America
>All that Drake hysteria
>Six side, east side, all that for my area

You guys are just mad cuz Egyptians weren't white. Even if they weren't 100% sub-saharan. they still weren't white. Greek took from Egyptians and even Greeks didn't fit in the nordicist view of whiteness and Romans took from greeks. Romans who ALSO were mediterraneans. you know like the italians that Americans say are not white?

I think that's because the only thing he has left to talk about is his ego, but it isn't particularly clever so it just comes off as lazy and uninspired most of the time, which in turn, is making him lose his status. Definitely not top 5 or top 2 no matter what he claims, since he barely raps anymore.

it is sad he might never release a full rap project. An album full of Do Not Disturbs, Am/PM, Lord Knows, Tuscan Leathers would be by far his most enjoyable.

I don't think he's capable of making a full album like that because he doesn't have enough content.

WUZ

GOAT

It's ya boi Canibus here to give you some dope hip hop real shit none of that kendrick lickitung splitting meme shit

If you have or will listen to any of the aforementioned albums/mixtapes come at a nigga with some retrospection.

I will be monitoring this thread to recruit real niggas

C.

Were you King? Stop taking pride from what your ancestors did.

WELP. That was meh.

Next up is LL Cool j

What do you think about this album?

Anyone heard this album before?

youtube.com/watch?v=d-0vGEQw2VY

Got the 90s one. I always appreciate new charts

Glad you like it, friend :) I've been going through it myself the past couple weeks.

:^)

soundcloud.com/catch22otm

>hip hop by year
>separated by decades

>He puts Pablo instead of Blank Face

..Well..yeah.
90s, 2000s, and 2010s hip hop have some pretty big differences. If someone wants to get into a specific decade they can explore the albums for that.

>Blank Face
I didn't choose the albums. I didn't want Pablo there at all but people insisted on it.

I can swap it out.

thats a 1 hot album every ten year average

Wow sick chart bro.

Fuck it I updated it.
This train ain't stoppin.

Is Ka really that slept on?

I'm taking swapouts, satan.

Choose an album and pick what to swap it out with (and make sure they're the same year)

What's the weakest album on the '16 list?
Theyre all pretty good imo.
Young Thug is a Sup Forums staple
Coloring book is of the weaker ones as well as sun's tirade

!! Satan.

Would 1000x easily take out Injury Reserve or clipping. for Honor Killed the Samurai last year. Dude is one of the best lyricists in the game and has a unique style that no one else is doing.

What'd you change?

Sun's Tirade is greatness with all of his different voices and styles.

I feel like a fucking idiot as this sample is so recognisable to me but I can't place it for some reason

youtube.com/watch?v=ORwbRdlaHfE

can anyone help a retard out, my minds drawing a blank

You got a download for this album btw?

No RTJ3?

probably came out after this chart was made.

We already got 1 and 2.
People on here didn't like RTJ3 that much when I was doing the original chart.

Changes so far:

-Pablo and added Blankface
-Imperial and added Honor Killed the Samarai

80s hip-hop was about optimism and self-empowerment

90s hip-hop was about gangsta shit

2000s hip-hop was about wigger/backpack rap

2010s hip-hop is about neurotic artfag/fashion rappers like Kanye

I really think RTJ3 was the most of a grower out of the three. At first I thought it was their least but it's been growing on me a lot.

I'm willing to do swapouts and such.

But at the same time, each decade had variances as well, for example gangsta rap began to appear before the 80s were totally done. Most rap in the early 90s was about expressing anger over crime and police brutality, but by the late 90s it had switched more to glorifying the thug life.

Also the 2000s backpack rap fad didn't really apply so much in 07-08 after which the Kanye style of rap started to come in.

Anyone here fuck with Logic?
I'll concede that he can be pretty wack but seriously some of the beats he has are top notch
youtube.com/watch?v=baATiZQplUY
youtube.com/watch?v=_xqnqmB4QxE

2000s hip hop had backpack stuff like eyedea and atmostphere but most people don't know them. In popular culture it was more southern club stuff with lil jon, luda, nelly, and g-unit.

>Also the 2000s backpack rap fad didn't really apply so much in 07-08 after which the Kanye style of rap started to come in.

The last three years of a decade always bring a major musical shift.

>The last three years of a decade always bring a major musical shift.
So who's going to start the shift for the current decade?

so corny most of the time but yeah theres a few songs

Best thing he's ever done was Under Pressure and at least a quarter of it was copying Kendrick.

soundcloud.com/yungrockafella/i-cant-even

for

wrong user but yeah i agree.

I liked Imperial a lot

don't blame me. i said ditch clipping or IR

Did I swap out the wrong one??
My bad.
I can fix it.

Honestly