Honestly, I think the pod is such a great and unique album

Honestly, I think the pod is such a great and unique album

It's almost like the sound they were going for is that they were trying to make what a bad acid trip would sound like on record

Like it's not as intense and in your face as normal psychedelic rock or as reverb controlled distorted as shoegaze but almost like a mix of both.

I can't find any album that has moved me the same way the pod has, its like what it'd be if you were in an endless acid trip in a gas station located in the middle of nowhere. It's depressing and lonely as fuck but playful and full of dark humor.

Some people say the butthole surfers locust abortion technician has the same sound but it just doesn't give off the same vibe. They seem very similar either way to me though nonetheless..

Am I insane for liking this more then any other album ever?

Now you're on the couch

No you're not insane. You think it is the greatest album ever, because, objectively, it IS the greatest album ever. Nothing even comes close.

YOU CAN'T EVEN MOOOOVE YOUR FUUKING HEAAAAAAAAAD

I'll never fucking understand why contrarians on Sup Forums say this is the best ween album or praise it so much...I've heard Ween's whole discography and Chocolate and Cheese, Quebec and The Mollusk or hell even GodWeenSatan are all way more interesting sounding and just sound less try-hard-to-be-weird. This just made me bored and just drones on. Doesn't even sound good, just a chore to listen to outside of Captain Fantasy and the beginning of Pork Roll Egg and Cheese.

Not saying the pod was bad or anything, but to me it just sounded like it was trying WAY too hard to be weird. Mononucleosis and Sketches of Winkle are GOAT tho

pic related

agreed and yeah quebec is GOAT

the pod is such a dumb meme here

Ween doesn't try hard to be weird, it's just who they are.

this album hurts my ears...dont get its appeal. yeah i guess if youre on fucking shrooms its kind of interesting but otherwise meh, prefer their later work that sounds good

You just don't get it yet. Its 2deep4u. Once you understand brownness, you will love this album. Each song will seem like the best song in the world, and when the stallion pt 2 ends, you will wish there was more. Its not contrarian to like it. Its just better. People just say its contrarian, because they don't get it, so the stick to the ween albums that are easier to get.

daily reminder how shit Sup Forums is, this lost in the opening round of that "greatest album of all time" bracket they're having

>when normies try to get into ween

I didn't mean to reply to rip

It's definitely the best album ever made.

>implying Ween isn't a normie band

I know some guy who just discovered Sup Forums like a month ago and is obsess with both Ween and Kanye West.

I hate when you hipster fags say that. "YOU JUST DONT GET THEIR MORE EXPERIMENTAL WORK XDDD" No. I love GodWeenSatan and albums way more avante-garde. It just isn't that great, just kind of bland and tryhard outside of a few tracks it doesn't seem that good. GodWeenSatan and Pure Guava are much more palatable and easier to hear.

Kek, I was gonna say.

But does he like the pod? pure guava?

the weirdest reason I've ever heard why people don't like an album is because "they've tried hard to be too weird"

I don't think thats it. Maybe you didn't get the same vibe listening to it as I did. There was just something dark about it. Like a disturbing lonely feeling.

I believe at the time Gene and Dean Ween lived together in a shitty smelly farm while diseased with Mononucleosis for weeks with depression. Jesus how much of a living hell it must've been.

I probably sound like a huge hipster. but It's just something about it that seems so fucked up.

I guarantee you if you ask the common person down the street what Ween is they'll be like "What the fuck is that?"

Ween isn't a normie band, maybe now it is but it has a cult fanbase of hippies but now Sup Forums posts about it more since the mollusk meme sadly.

If true...intradesting. I kinda get it, but it still isn't someting I can fully listen to often. I prefer their other work 10 times more

but he probably only likes Chocolate and Cheese and Molsk

Also, might I remind you there is a mix of Ween fans that are either from

1. Stumbling on an album in the 90s or 2000s

2. Old Phish fans that ditched phish for ween after they heard the band when they seen Phish cover "Roses are Free"

Most of these assholes that were former Phish fans are prevalent on the FB group. They're annoying as shit and braindead.

3. People who are from Sup Forums or some other place that features underground artists. It's funny because the demographic for mu is probably like 19 - 29 and these are young adults listening to a band that was closed off from that demographic for years.

But thats what I call meme magic I guess. anything can happen with it.

The thing about Sup Forums is when you start browsing here you realize how large the world of music is but you forget how big the real world actually is. There are 7.4 billion people in the world yet I bet if you asked them what their thoughts are on Ween are a majority would respond with "Who?". Yeah, sure maybe if you asked some spongebob fans they might recognize Ocean Man, maybe if you asked some Aussies they would say "Push Th' Little Dasies" was the best song of 1992 but that's about it. The majority of music listeners are listening to what the radio tells them to and the radio isn't telling them to listen to Ween. They aren't a normie band.

I found out about Ween after seeing The Mollusk posted in a sharethread in March of 2016. Became obsessed with it after listening to it after being intrigued by the album art during an acid trip. Shortly later, the whole "le ocean man' meme took off and annoyed the shit out of me. I loved the song...but it ruined it a bit for me. Then I discovered the rest of the Ween discography and fell in love with White Pepper, Chocolate and Cheese, then Shinola, Pure Guava, GodWeenSatan, their country album and their later work was alright but didn't give me the same spark as The Mollusk or Quebec which I still love. All their stuff is awesome but I've never loved The Pod or La cucaracha, just seems kind of meh overall to me. I'm 21 btw.

scaruffi agrees, but he likes godweensatan more.

scaruffi doesnt like godweensatan either though

gosh darnit i meant quebec
rip

>7.5/10
>his highest rating for a ween album
its good for scaruffi, considering his average rating is around a 6.