Hey Sup Forums, I have no knowledge about electronics, so I come for your help

Hey Sup Forums, I have no knowledge about electronics, so I come for your help

Trying to fix a tv
Where I have my finger is the entrance for power, between that and that white part that has a few wires (that's somewhat covered by the black cable), my multimeter tells me there's no connection except from the ground one

That white part goes to the buttons, and everything works fine from there

When I measure connectivity between the ground and the other 6 pins in the same "white head" it gives me numbers in all of them, except from 2 of them

What to think of this? I appreciate any help you can give me

Bamp

Looks wired correctly to me. I'm a computer science major and have had some experience with circuitry in my computer architecture course. A trick they taught us is that if the circuit is complete and still not working it's due to the charge on micro components which is what I think you've got here. Easy fix just dunk the board quickly in and out of vinegar about 2 times and the charge from the acidity should transfer. Hope that helps!

>Trying to fix a tv
whats wrong with it?????

Sorry about this

It doesn't turn on, the red light doesnt even come on

Thanks man but I've already tried that

usually it's bad capacitors, but that's all I know how to replace in tvs

usually samsung capacitors are easy to make the tv power pack on

what brand?

look at the caps and see if any of them looked bulged

Bluesky, everything looks fine

Your problem is power supply.
Look for a broken contact but it's probably a fried board for power supply. Could be capacitors, translistors or coils on the powersupply board.

Dont try to fix it. Throw it away.

The thing is, while I had it opened and powered up it turned on 2 times for a brief moment, could it just be grease? If that's the case is there something I can do?

that board is probably ok. measure the power supply voltage when it's connected to the wall.

It's very easy to throw something away, but fixing stuff like this is RARELY worth your time.

Especially if you're in a first world country.

They make these electronics now with the intent of them wearing out so you will buy more.

The fixes are becoming more convoluted and ridiculous and time consuming.

So figure you are able to fix the item. How much is your time worth? Do you make $25/hour or more? Did it take you 2 or more hours to fix? Were the parts to replace it free, or did you pay $120 or more to fix it?

Factor all of this in and you will discover it was more worthwhile to check the local classifieds and simply BUY a used item that's still in working condition for less.

How exactly?

I wish you spend a great year ahead that starts with happiness and ends with that too. Happy New year. Enjoy the leaks and leak one yourself - snap-leak-cf

Check for a fuse and if it looks burnt, replace it. Or if it's those white ceramic ones, just replace it anyways and see if it solves the problem.

Is your powersuppy separate from monitor?
Please take better picture of the behind of the monitor.

you have a multimeter. set to DC voltage 20V max, black on connector outer ring and red on the inside most probably

he's pointing at a DC input jack

TVs are cheap. just go buy a new one

So he could just try to replace the adapter then?

What I'm trying to ask is how do I do that if the cable is already plugged in, there's nowhere to put the ends on

Only if I do it on the other side of the board, in which case I still dont know exactly how to do it, anyone care to explain?

this is not how you make america great again

Put it in oven 240*C for about 1 min. If there is a loose element it should be resoldered this way.

just leave it disconnected from the TV.

If it doesn't turn on at all, it is likely a power supply issue. Please measure the voltage coming out of the external power supply.

If there is no voltage, replace the power supply.

go to Sup Forums or /diy/
this is literally the best advice you can get from Sup Forums

wanna buy my retarded tv?

Samsung LN-T4061FX/XAC

it just has a bunch of lines in it. I don't know if it's the power board or the t-con board. What do you guys think?

it doesn't have clicking problems to turn on, but these lines in the display are not going anywhere

I leave it on for a while and it doesn't go away either.

I saw the image clear once or twice with no lines. It's odd.

Thank you everyone for your help

main board

it's probably not the panel if you've seen a clear image on it

graphics IC, you just need to replace it, had same problem with my samsung tv, new chip ~4$ on ebay/aliexpress

what's graphics IC?

main board with all the connectors and HDMIs on it and shit?

A quick way to break your board, that's why youre a comp-sci major, pleb.
Any numbers that arise is probably because of the IC's
if you get an "OL" or 40Mohm, that indicates no connection and using air as conduit.
0 to 2 Ohms is safe to say that it is connected purely by wires only.
From what you say, those 2 pins are grounded, check the schematic to see if they are supposed to be ground or not.

integrated circuit which converts data to the signal which is known for lcd, it's basically located next to the lcd tape

IC - integrated circuit.
It's a black-box chip. Take a magnifying glass and look around for anything that matches a gaphics IC.

If I find it, what do I do? Press on it really hard and see if it starts working again?

I think I'm going to take a hair dryer and warm up the main chip on the mainboard and try to re-flow it. Maybe it's a hairline crack in the solder joints.

Don't dip electronics in any liquid, dipshit.

Hair dryer wont get hot enough need a heat gun. As stated above no bulged caps?

they don't appear bulged, I replaced all but one small cap which I don't have right now

it's possible it's the one lonely cap causing it, but it's only 220uf so I doubt it

also I have no capacitor testing unit so I'm just assuming all my caps were good

I don't know if it's the caps or not

Have you taken any voltages? Once you have found the main IC google the part number and get the data sheet.

where are you going with this?

To check it is getting the required 3.3v/5v it needs

so back to the power board. you think the caps are too weak?

Possible. First rule of fault finding is usually to check voltages.

I don't have a multimeter. I suck at electronics.

I'd park it then untill you get a meter. Even a china special would do.

OP is a newfag.. there is a board for this shit called technology

>>Sup Forums

go there fucking shithead

did you try turning it on and off

oh it's parked. I still have hopes for it. even if I find the same model with a cracked panel, I can rob the boards, and BOOM I'm watching TV again