Would Hollywood ever make a film like this with any other religion than Christianity?

Would Hollywood ever make a film like this with any other religion than Christianity?

Like a movie about Rotherham?

Ahahaha dont hold your breath.

Its a well known fact only Christians molest children.

Waiting for the inevitable film about Hollywood prostitution rings

True

Muslims marry them and atheists just fight ageism.

That's what I had in mind.

I guess another question would be would it make good cinema?

Elijah Wood to direct, write and star.

They certainly wouldn't do it about old, possibly diseased rabbis using their teeth to viciously gnaw off the foreskin of a screaming, infant boy, causing severe and permanent damage to the penis as well as emotional trauma, would they?

I doubt I'd go see that tbqh.

But the point stands.

Rotherham wasnt just one organization covering up child abuse.

It was state-workers, police, the media... the entire "elite" that still tells you what to think and how to vote.

It would make a much better story but send the "wrong" message.

wtf i hate white male christians now

americans make anti-islamic movies all the time

omg christians r just so evil, we really should flood our country with pure innocent muslims to counter all this toxic christianity ugh

I'm more moved than I can describe by the sincerity of your Christian faith, OP.

such as?

They deserve all the hate they can get

>four males
>one token female
>all of them white

Let's face it, it was about Christianity because in Hollywood it's better than pretending Muslims actually exist

It technically isn't prostitution if the hot young things are just passed around like party favors.

remind me how it was exposed?

Oh how I wish this were true, but you're just shitposting unfortunately.

>google rotherham
>wide spread organized sexual abuse
>in england

isn't england the size of rhode island? how can anything in england be "wide spread?"

>movies

Nope, thats just the nightly news reporting on activities of muslims.

Chinese market ban religion themes movie

>71734870

I guess the better question would be "how far removed is Marty's agenda from the individuals producing the film"?

Marty was a Jew in a Catholic town, and his opponents (like Cardinal Law) painted it as a crusade. I believe the movie tried to show that as an unmarried Jewish man with no real roots who moved from town to town every few years, his loyalty was to "justice" or "doing a good job", and that his status as an eternal outsider made him an effective editor, but that ultimately this was about selling papers, not sticking it to the church.

Is there money in producing a film about pedophilia scandals in England? Not likely. But that doesn't mean it's any less deserving.

What did you guys think of the movie in general? I didn't have much of a religious upbringing, and it really helped me understand the more nuanced aspects. I had assumed we were talking about some run of the mill kid fiddlers, but hearing how they specifically targeted children from poor, broken families with low self esteem made them seem more like predators.

There was a scene with one of the reporters talking to a gay man who had been molested, and hearing him talk about how his burgeoning (and at that point not wholly defined) sexuality was forever corrupted by the act, in addition to any hope he had of a spiritual life being destroyed really hit home how badly these priests hurt kids.

The only gripe I have was at the end of the movie. They reveal that Mark Ruffalo's character was on the desk that received the documents five years ago, and when they ask him why he didn't do anything with it, he doesn't have an answer, and the movie just goes on.

Why?

benghazi

>catholicism
>christianity

pick unum

I think Keaton said it. They all had chance to act but they are buried in works and they don't believe the church is doing this systematically.

How is she so perfect bros?

> The only gripe I have was at the end of the movie.

You mean Keaton's character? I think it was about how, in the way that a lot of the movie is, the community itself was involved in the neglect of issues like this, whether out of denial, disbelief, fear, religion, etc. In a broad sense, it's quite similar to True Detective. I'm not being ironic.

iktf user
many people would say she's plain looking in this photo
but I can't stop looking

Are you orthodox?

Yeah...that's never happening, or at least not in the next 20 years. The people who actually know something aren't about to come forward and trash their career and risk being sued. The only people who might be willing to come forward would be has-beens who could easily be dismissed as being bitter that they didn't make it.

Is China that scared of its own people?

>Is China that scared of its own people?
no its the other way round

and even then, they wouldn't do it about any other denomination except for Catholicism unless it's some joke tier cult like the westboro baptist church or some caricature of a pastor with a southern accent

how is that anti islamic?

>names dont match the faces

seriously why?

did you watch it?

>>
>isn't england the size of rhode island? how can anything in england be "wide spread?"

Jesus Christ user, pick up a globe.

>names doesnt match

names are order by billing, left to right
pictures are ordered by billing, middle-out.

someone answers this every time someone bitches.

Even still, its attempting to claim a subsection of a subsection is capable of having anything "wide spread."

>In a small town of 350 people, there has been WIDE SPREAD corruption (10 people)!

shits ridiculous.

why do they purposely mix up the names and pics? is that cool? does that make a statement against conformity?

It didn't just happen in Rotherham, and it likely hasn't stopped since.

I just watched this last night, literally "buildup buildup it's fucking nothing" the movie
But yes, they would never make a movie exposing rabbi boy rape

why would they? christianity is the only evil religion

>atheists just fight ageism.
>implying atheists == sjws
butthurt jesuscuck detected

>what is context