Who started the meme that Michael Bay is a shitty director?

Who started the meme that Michael Bay is a shitty director?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ahtp0sjA5U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THE HUMAN RACE

It was well established with Armageddon when word got out that Affleck was calling out his stupid script.

michael bay

The Jew establishment to discredit 13 Hours

>Scarjo wanted to go topless in The Island
>Bay says no it has to be PG13 for muh shekels

>meme

/thread

>the meme

You're shit at this.

it isn't a meme.

>During filming, Morgan Le Fay had disagreements with some of his decisions and she felt belittled with how he spoke to her in what she described as a ' condescendingly confused' tone

Guitar virtuoso to the max.

He's the greatest action movie director of our time. Just TRY to claim that wrong.

>hey i know you like action so i got you the new stallone movie
>t-thanks grandma

This.

the poor quality of his work I think OP

Is there a meme that he's a good one? Because I haven't seen that meme.

>Bad boys
>The rock
>Pain and gain
Hes a pretty solid action director user.

he is not the greatest. His filming is flabby, his editing is confused, his pacing is slipshod, like a child with ADHD he is constantly distacted by a need for reaction shots

I'd say the best are Spielberg, Cameron, Richard Donner, and Tony Scott

Michael Bay is a great cinematographer
but as a director he lacks a sense of direction, its why his movies are all well done action scenes with very little substance to them. Its entertaining but beyond the flashy lights and sound there is nothing, and Bay knows it. Its why someone like Steven Spielberg was able to completely alpha Bay into his own little pet

>Bay is a shit director

>Has said many times he doesn't want to do a Transformers movie
>Does everything the Jewish overlords tell him to do
>To this day hasn't made a movie that flopped. Even Island got its money back

not first post but only acceptable answer

South Park.

>Michael Bay is a great cinematographer
why does Sup Forums so casually abuse the terminology of film making?

Transformers 2

cause its fun you nerd

>tfw making fun of Michael Bay is what caused me to start liking Ben Affleck

youtube.com/watch?v=-ahtp0sjA5U

Only difference between snyder and bay is that bay knows he makes shit movies for kids while snyder does same but thinks he is doing real kino

I would probably add Mann to that list but he has only few great movies and in recent years he hasn't done anything particularly good.

Michael Bay

It's a long-standing tradition for liberal media to thrash directors with right-wing inclinations.
Pic related.

except everybody lauds clint eastwood for his directorial prowess

try again snyderfag

>snyder
>right wing

good one

Eastwood gets a pass because he's a Hollywood landmark. His spagghetti western roles weren't exactly lauded at first.

>Ayn Rand fag
>Rorschach fag
>Jesus Imagey
>Military put in a positive light
>Made Lex Luther an autist to make fun of fedora fags
>Hollywood hates him
>Batman uses guns
>Likes Frank Miller
I would say yes.

but we're talking about his directing, not his acting

add his last movie with Jim

On Dirty Harry:
>The film caused controversy when it was released, sparking debate over issues ranging from police brutality to victims' rights and the nature of law enforcement. Feminists in particular were outraged by the film and at the 44th Academy Awards protested outside the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, holding up banners which read messages such as "Dirty Harry is a Rotten Pig"

Actually started way before that. When the first transformers was released, there was some huge backlash from fans. Bay didn't write the script, nor did he produce the film in the first place. He was responsible mostly for the visual element of the film, something that the film is still praised for. Nerds however latched onto Bay because he has such a volatile personality.

He only made the sequels for the money and was upfront as fuck about it.

Hmm...
Really makes you think.

is The Island any good?

let me rephrase: is it more like Armageddon (shit) or Pain & Gain (great)?

the jews

It's boring and the plot is stupid

BvS is 2 hours of Batman learning to stop being racist

Watched it 2 years ago, it was shit. Dont even bother.

Have a look at his early directorial works. A lot of contemporary receptions were mixed, with some films being box office successes even though the critics bashed them: see The Gauntlet

>Pain & Gain (great)
wew

He's definitely NOT a bad director... he's just average 2bh

Normies can only complain this:
>he uses explosions ewww! i'm too smart for that shit. I watch Nolan and Tarantino because they really make you think!

Michael Bay is not a shitty director, evidenced by his early work. He has the potential to make really good engaging action movies. Pain & Gain was decent as well and it shows his skills haven't faded, but I think that was because it was a passion project for him so he was more relaxed and wasn't trying to please a Chinese Box Office.

That's his problem though, he has become to complacent with making CGI shitfests to appeal to the Chinese Market, and I mean it's working for him because he is making a lot of money. It sucks that he is content with making that kind of shit and he doesn't go back to practical effects and stunts and giving us more amazing action movies.

pleb detected. Film is great.

did you see Ga' Hoole?

>liking Ben Affleck
Go home and shill you antigun propaganda Matt Damon.

Could be the fact that he made a series of god-awful films which are basically a bunch of scrapheaps slapping each other about with cringe-worthy human interaction and drama thrown into the mix

>IT'S SO DENSE

Nothing wrong with making stupid flicks for stupid audiences for money every once in a while. Many great actors have been in shitty cash grab movies too.

>mandrama picture
>shitty post

every time

If he was actually a good director he would be able to do better but still sell, the first Transformers flick was only semi-awful

Yes, I will unironically say this movie is good.

Its a mixed bag. It does have a fucking incredible chase sequence though, and michal clark duncan running around with his chest cavity exposed still gives me the jibblies.

reddit

The big reveal is a bit of a groaner.

any other answer is laughable.

100% this

imdb drones that think they have taste

He gives us kino and takes bags of money in return, how can you hate the guy?

By people who bought into the explosions meme. The irony are these people insulting Michael Bay while lapping up all of the capeshit that comes from Disney and WB.

Michael Bay is the best director in the past 20 years

if you disagree I suggest you go back to /r/movies you liberal scum

>I happily crunch my popcorn at the least marvel showing and then go home and post on youtube about how bad bay is

BEST: Bad Boys 2
WORST: Transformers 2
FAVORITE: Pain and Gain
OVERRATED: The Rock
UNDERRATED: 13 Hours

What project should he do next? Biker Mice from Mars? Street Sharks?

his direction is fine, it's his shitty scripts, dialog and characters i take issue with

Inhumanoids is the only answer, but i really think del toro should do it

Donald Trump biopic

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

>fat cat is now a 10ft cyborg made of tits

You're telling me that there's a man, on this Earth, who actually refused to share this Jewish goddess' boobs ?

Transformers 2

He also said she wasn't pretty.

totally agree.
there's happening not much in the stories and character development.
i really like the rock, though.

Power Rangers

>Who started the meme that Michael Bay is a shitty director?
Team Amewicaaa

No clue, his directing is pretty good for action movies. Shame about the scripts in most of them.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D