A tumor.

little individual pieces of grime

Listen Claire
Cool story babe
Get back in the kitchen
Get back in the kitchen
Cool story babe
Now make me a sandwich

The question was actually serious. I've never heard any Grimes music.

Braids is better

#italiano

No one really knows desu. They're very difficult to spot in the wild.

SHOTAcON
CLOSE QUARTERS
COMBAT
GUNFIGHTING

What is Grimes? A rapidly oscillating form of artistic creation spiraling between heartbeat drum kicks to gleaming beams of melodies and synths. Grimes has liberated herself from the inertia and intellectual dishonesty of previous modernist thought and has delved into the antonymous. That which is moving back and forth between pulsating polarities of music, art and performance.

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

nah

Here is some music for you. So that you could see how diverse she is.

youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
youtube.com/watch?v=bWam7u9uBNY
youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU
youtube.com/watch?v=iVt3FxE8F9w
youtube.com/watch?v=IsNaj6l5z8M
youtube.com/watch?v=q2_hBNQqEus
youtube.com/watch?v=E1cLVE1ZXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=gUxCeVupemA
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_0_e_OWy694
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_AIWO2AUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7LmBM0mTafI
youtube.com/watch?v=U-bKSyG0lng
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=X8v4vwWcIgI
youtube.com/watch?v=N_hOYZ90_iQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4
youtube.com/watch?v=UiGHFYqeqck
youtube.com/watch?v=FsYt1-5MXT4
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
youtube.com/watch?v=NpSZxfHBPWA
youtube.com/watch?v=aw8IwXr1DFI
youtube.com/watch?v=3REHoqNE_7U
youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w

autismspeaks.org/blog/2015/02/19/autism-denial-acceptance

Have you already listened to those songs? What's your favourite one?

7/10 it was ok. would sleep alone again

t. food eater

swiggity swooty im coming for that grims booty

the center of the universe, right where your head is

i had that same lasagna around the same time it made me wish i was fucking dead already

ok thanks for everything friend

bye

a poor man's poppy

if dubs she dies in her sleep

RIP

I like this post. It should be promoted to pasta status.

>Actually liking Poppy
Her music can't be more generic.

it's intentionally generic, but listen to her most recent track it's actually interesting

A flesh licking lady who ear fucks on every track.

Grimes is god tier, gtfo faggot

making it intentionally generic doesnt excuse it from being shit. katy perry also make her music intentionally generic.

moat liek poopy xd

I don't think you understand what "poppy" is

some shitty art act on youtube that delivers absolutely nothing new?

>I've never heard any Grimes music.
count yourself lucky

Lame joke. Grimes is an incredible artist. Let that dude discover her amazing music.

stop shilling

>implying i'm shilling

bump

>it's intentionally generic

Oh boy

im going to start a punk band called GRIME just to fuck with you guys

>being this delusional
Good luck with that.

a waifufag meme

Grimes is shit, pretentious and cringy af, she's a tumblrina basking in her own "I'm so random lol" shit act

Not an argument, hipster.

If dub her career over

Your shitposting career is over, buddy.

oooooooo

While admittingly having some good songs, i find her overall sound and image completely manufactured, lacking authenticity, having good production on her albums does not make for good music, i also don't find anything she does innovative or even interesting, there, argument made? It's music after all, except for technical analysis, everything expressed here is opinions, not arguments

>i find her overall sound and image completely manufactured, lacking authenticity,
You're completely wrong. Grimes is maybe the only one authentic artist with that level of fame. Tell me how an artist with such a resume is completely manufactured:

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Music style: synthpop mixed with dreampop, IDM, R&B, J-Pop, medieval, classical

>Instruments:
- vocals
- synthesizer
- sampler
- guitar
- bass
- drums
- violin
- ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director, editor & colorist
- dancer
- model

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature at McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

In which case, what are some examples of music being made right now that you DO find innovative or interesting? "Innovative" and "interesting" are subjectively comparative concepts - they mean NOTHING to anyone else but you unless you can give contrasting examples of what you do/don't find to be innovative/interesting.

its about time

>sam hyde
most pretentious comedian to ever grace the earth

>"Innovative" and "interesting" are subjectively comparative concepts
Yes indeed, "innovative" and "interesting" don't exist in vacuum.

At this moment i find jazz to be making a comeback, Kamasi Washington made a great album, but are we talking female artists? SZA put out a great album, pop music? Carly Rae's album was great, Danny Brown's atrocity exhibition set a new bar IMO for experimentation, if i had to find other genres to say what i don't find innovative, i would say Migos is simply boring, as is Drake, that's hip-hop, rock? I haven't heard anything that made me think "Huh, this is new" in years except maybe Car Seat Headrest, and that's saying something.

>i also don't find anything she does innovative or even interesting, there, argument made?
That's just your opinion. Don't expect most people to agree with you, though.

>Typing her biography as if that speaks to her artistic integrity

When i saw her live, all i could think for the whole show was "Wow, this just feels so forced" Sorry if you don't share my opinion, i just simply don't see anything real about her

Yeah, i said it right there, unless you're speaking techincal, it's all opinion here on /mu

>implying your subjective opinions are the truth
>"Wow, this just feels so forced"
The keyword here is "feels".

Have i said anything that wasn't that this is just my opinion? jeez...

All of these artists are less talented than Grimes. It's not even a contest. As for the innovative part, they're all pretty much standard. e.g. Carly Rae sounds like your ordinary popstar, say Taylor Swift.

You must really like grimes to say she's better than Danny Brown, again, all subjective i guess.

Her cover of Breezeblocks is really good.

so much so that I feel they aren't even comparable

Putting aside any subjective arguments about music for a second...

Grimes is 100% a highly contrived, completely manufactured pop act to the order of a Lady Gaga. There is nothing inherently "wrong" with that. Many people like high concept art because it serves as an escape from reality. Many other people don't because they find it unrealistic. Where you fall on that is truly a matter of taste.

As to questions of innovation and originality, Claire Boucher might just be the first/only example of a performance act like this is that is A) being undertaken totally sans pretense ("I manufactured a pop star." youtu.be/P-PHIpYm8k0 ) and B) completely the sum product of just a single human being's creative energies.

If that isn't innovative and interesting, then what is?

Danny Brown is nothing special IMO.

Braids is like a boring version of Grimes. That's why people care about the latter than the former.

>Grimes is 100% a highly contrived, completely manufactured pop act to the order of a Lady Gaga. There is nothing inherently "wrong" with that. Many people like high concept art because it serves as an escape from reality. Many other people don't because they find it unrealistic. Where you fall on that is truly a matter of taste.
Absolutely false. I bet you can't even prove these false claims. If she's contrived then I'm Trump.

shitty british "rappers" talking over house basslines britbongs will claim its somehow different and unrelated to hip-hop

She's a good girl!

grims!

>false claims
>what did he mean by this
user, I'm not CLAIMING anything here. I'm directly quoting things (and even providing source links) Claire Boucher herself has said about the nature of Grimes as a work of performance art. In case it wasn't clear from the start, I'm the type of person who unironically enjoys highly contrived (aka escapist) art. Especially when it comes from a place of authenticity on the artist's part - like what is very obviously the case with Grimes (and conversely imo what is very obviously NOT the case with someone like Lady Gaga.)