Can we get a Kaiju film thread going?

Can we get a Kaiju film thread going?

Pic related and the 2 films before it are honestly better than any Godzilla movie barring the original.

GMK is best godzilla

Poor little Baragon

he got BTFO pretty hard, he was cute in it too

vs Biollante is definitely up there though.

I think Shin Godzilla is scary and weird. I like it.

he's awesome, looks scary as fuck and actually like a product of nuclear radiation. Anyone who hasn't seen the original Gojira really should, it's a completely serious horror film and it's genuinely fantastic. I would never think that after seeing him curl up and use his atomic breath to fly he could be scary but it's still an unnerving film, goji looks scary in it.
>shin-gojira is not getting a western theatrical release
fuck you too toho

Directed by the same guy who did the Gamera trilogy. Based Shusuke Kaneko.

vs biollante is great, and ol' biollante is one of the best monsters. I think the MUST WATCH godzilla films are
>Gojira 1954
>GMK
>VS Biollante
>VS Mothra
>Tokyo S.O.S
Godzilla 2014 is good too, and I've always really liked Godzilla VS The Smog Monster. Hedorah is probably my favorite godzilla monster and the whole movie is really trippy and surreal.

The dude is a master, gamera was a fucking embarrassing knockoff but then he came along and blew godzilla the fuck out.

I say this as the hugest godzilla fan, the gamera trilogy is better than anything godzilla except the original.

Had one of the worst godzilla suits though

this list is lacking vs KingGidorah (heisei) and Final Wars
Even is they can be shit at times they both have very good action scenes.

>omitting Mechagodzilla
this should be a felony

>friend of all children

I liked that suit. I hate the one in Final Wars so much, I can barely watch it.

If you mean the original godzilla vs mechagodzilla I have actually never seen it. The only DVD I can find is on ebay for like seventy dollars.

Eh, vs king ghidorah was cool but had a really weird, convoluted plot. I'd say it's definitely one of the better godzilla movies but not a must-watch. Final Wars is a fun watch but godzilla barely does anything in it, he looks like shit, and the whole movie is just a total clusterfuck.

The GMK suit is awesome, he was supposed to look fucking scary and he looked fucking scary, I love the demon eyes and the more dinosaur-esque head.

Try to see it asap. It's just so fun to sit trough.

Don't mind me, just posting best Goji suit.

does this not look like the mother fucking friend of all children to you?

>Kaiju kino

I don't get the hate for the final wars godzilla suit, it looks a lot like the one for the 90s which is still the best.

the host is overrated, the effects are really bad and it's just not that great,

It looks like Heisei Godzilla lost a few pounds and then someone broke his jaw and stepped on his head. The face looks fucking retarded and it's too angry looking. The best suit is the original.

pic related, the best suit

>a few pounds

It's not the best and you know it. You can't nostalgia your way out of this one.

it's not nostalgia, as a kid I only saw stuff like Showa era and Heisei era VS movies. I just think the original suit looks great and genuinely menacing. I like this one a lot too

You're either shitting me or have terrible taste.
He's got a monkey head and the eyes of a stoned asylum inmate.

i don't know what kind of monkeys they have in your country but none I've seen look like that