Would you watch a remake of Network?

Would you watch a remake of Network?

youtu.be/AS4aiA17YsM

No because it would be SJW Clinton loving anti-right wing media bullshit.

No because it'll suck the media's cock instead of calling out the exploitation-news and sensationalist journalism bullshit of today.

No because it came true

Suppose it kept to the theme of the original film and was set during the 2008 recession?

Suppose I could make people orgasm just by thinking about it

>Suppose I could make people orgasm just by thinking about it
Give it a shot; it's not like any other way has worked for you...

Hell no, I like the original way too much.

So, if you're worried about it being ruined, what would be the "dream team" you'd put in charge to ensure it didn't mar the original's reputation?

It was a movie that came out and was true. This was before the news talked about violence. post 9/11 shows that it's 100% correct, and if anything SINCE the movie came out news shows actually listened.

Either way, to have a movie like that again, would be impossible. Network is something like 1984. I think that someone should have commited suicide in it, and frankly the movie could have talked about that more since it was really the best answer they had.

Getting mad is more of what you see trump doing then anything else. The real artist that suffer and get subjected are the ones that don't get the attention. I can relate to that, but that was the start of the movie.

Then fine yes I would watch it.

Look kiddo I don't look at the actors and directors I just watch films.

>Ridley Scott
>Russel Crowe
>Mel Gibson
>That nigger from Lethal Weapon for diversity
>Elizabeth Shue

>Russel Crowe as Howard Beale
I mean, yeah, he can get angry - but you'd want someone with a better newscaster presence.

No I would like Anthony Hopkins to do that, I think he would be good. Maybe too old, who would you pick?

Michael Cane.

He has the range of emotion, he has the talent and he has the newscaster presence.

You don't understand the point of a remake. You have to adapt the story into modern times. No one cares about news anchors anymore. In the remake it should be a hip young vlogger or something.

Go back to bed Gramps. It's time for your nap.

>No one cares about news anchors anymore. In the remake it should be a hip young vlogger or something.
That would ruin it beyond belief.

robocop was remade into something utterly moronic because the original too accurately reflected what actually happened.

network has only gotten more relevant and valid every single day. But, unlike robocop, its mostly forgotten. So the remake would only draw attention to the original.

Bump

No because it's a perfect movie.

>Would you watch a remake
No

No.

It doesn't need a remake.

Dear god no, is a perfect movie as it is. A new version would ruin it.

The cinematography could be better.

Fuck no.

>All these people would rather sit around bitching about capeshit.