Why do nu-males and hipsters hate technically skilled musicians so much?

Why do nu-males and hipsters hate technically skilled musicians so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v0MkJtI3FvU
youtube.com/watch?v=BNAqGrVrcMw
youtube.com/watch?v=L2kGJZEVI1Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because it reminds them how little talent/skill they have, as a result, making them incredibly insecure amd bitchy

Cause nobody cares about how good you are on guitar wanking except for nerdy white boys

because technical skill isn't the same or even really that correlated with good songwriting or musicianship, and it's often actually used as a crutch to make up for lackluster songwriting or other aspects of music making. I say this as a very skilled instrumentalist myself. Doesn't matter how fast you can arpeggiate if you can't write a compelling melody/sound or meaningful lyrics

>technicallity = good

The entire hipster movement as we know it today started with jazz so no

> musicianship isn't correlated with musicianship

Because they're usually so far up their asses with their technical wanking that they can't write a song to save their lives. There are exceptions of course.

one aspect of musicianship isn't necessarily correlated with other aspects. For instance, being a good classical player doesn't mean you'd make a good jazz player. Having a high vocabulary doesn't mean you can write good stories or even just basically good prose. Being skilled at reproducing works of art doesn't mean your original paintings will be good.

>good songwriting or musicianship
hipsters and nu-males hate this too

Seeking high proficiency is a masculine trait and they prefer feminine traits like unrefined emotional expression

I honestly think that that reasoning doesn't apply to all technical artists. Sure, there are some artists who use technical arpeggios to hide the fact they can't write (and honestly come up with retarded songs), while there are technical artists who exist who possess good songwriting.
Examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=v0MkJtI3FvU
youtube.com/watch?v=BNAqGrVrcMw
youtube.com/watch?v=L2kGJZEVI1Q

holy ridiculous strawman batman

see: hipsters shitting on stuff like the beatles and dicksucking nonsencial drivel like beefheart and faust

Guitar wankery is not a masculine trait no matter how you wanna put it, there's a good reason the metal scene is filled with nerds and school shooters.

Its autistic to care about talent and technical skill over good songs.

oh, of course it doesn't, i didn't mean to imply it was universal. A decent example is Elliott Smith; he was obviously an incredible guitarist, but he didn't always show that off, just used his proficiency to play complicated songs when need be, but wasn't afraid to resort to simplicity either. But I'm thinking more of the Yngwie Malmsteens and Eric Johnsons of the world, people who aren't doing much more than noodling with their instruments.

I didn't say one was bad. They're both just different styles of art. I was just clarifying why they don't like it is because they prefer the other style of expression

Any replies contrary to this post are bait

i know plenty of hipsters and "nu-males" (interpreting this as skinny guys with haircuts you don't like, or socially liberal people? not totally sure) who love the beatles and hate beefheart, so I'm not sure what you're on about here.

those aren't hipster and nu-males then

I don't mean masculine as in tough are being an alpha or whatever. It's like maximalism vs minimalism.

>Its autistic to care about talent
lolwat

>over good songs

did you deliberately ignore that bit or does your brain just reach capacity after six words?

How can you make good songs without talent lmao

I think what he's saying is that without talent/technical skill, it's not likely that someone will produce good music.

Fucking Beyond Creation is epitome of soulless wankery and their songwriting is utter shit desu.

>dude it should just sound good

Yes?