Russian win gg

russian win gg

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stalingrad
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandy_landings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wasn't Russia on the backstep for most the war? They just barely managed to hold out, right?

obviously flunked history

retard

Stalingrad was the turning point of the war, D-day was irrelevant was only an excuse for the Americans take a slice of Germany, but without the lend-lease, the Axis would have won.

You're a moron if you feel D-day was irrelevant.

D-day its the useless battle of WW2

exactly the russians held out thus making the Nazis fall back (never invade russia in the winter dumb fucks) all the while the rest of the allies were pushing from the other side,

I no that if I went to Russia,I would prolly be attacked by skinheads, as I am a banner, but I must proclaim my admiration for some aspects of the USSR... The army was being decimated, both by the Soviet leadership, and by the Nazis, and their allies, and they still manage to kick Hitler's ass.

Russia was already kicking Germany's ass in 1942 through 45. By the time D-day came around, Germany was a shell of its former self after being gutted by Russia.

This

D-Day wasn't irrelevant, it shortened the war. But other than that, this is accurate

You got italy and japan mixed up

I think you mean to say got A+ in Murican history

The only people who post this shit knoa nothing of WW2 and dislike the US.

>alot of russians died so they won the war singlehandedly

Nope, but they defintely did a lot. I am always curious nobody mentions the Battle of Britain, Operation Torch, Italian landings, Lend Lease, Anglo American bombing of German industry.. they just go straight to Stalingrad anddd wars over.

Russia would have been able to do fuck-all without the Lend-Lease Act

People seem to think nazi Germany was some kinda powerhouse with tactical genius Afolf at the helm.

He was a charismatic, superstitious loon who got lucky in a few fights, using outdated tech, and was always going to get beat down, even without america.

Best thing about America joining the war was it stopped england, America and Russia all going to war with each other.

They didnt invade Russia in the winter you fucking moron, the onvasion started earlier in the year. The country is just enormous, the Germans did a pretty unbelievable job as it was.

>people

you mean stupid uneducated mericans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stalingrad

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandy_landings

.. you attacked a thin strip of beach versus a German offensive. What about the outbreak following the invasion? Falaise pocket? Battle of the Bulge?

And why do you fuck morons never understand that it takes less people to defend prepared positions like the Atlantic Wall to open Russian countryside.

Its hilarious you act as if amphibious labdings are easy. Okay, look up Dieppe, Iwo Jima, Gallipoli.

I guess lend-lease didn't happen.

I'm Australian, the government won't let us forget fucking gallipoli...

Lmao they are fucking dumb

Ill never speak ill of Russia or what they did on WW2. They leadership at times was disgraceful.. a complete waste of human life. But dlnt take away what the US, British and French Resistance did during the war.

Haha thats funny. I was just there a few weeks ago. My bad completely forgot about Anzacs.

This user gets it. Every battle had some kind of effect on the outcome of the war. Whether it meant there were 10 guys who weren't deployed somewhere else or an entire army group annihilated, it all played a part.

Remeber watching a show which claimed the Allied forces in Europe pulled up short to let the Russians get to Berlin first.
Show claimed Allied leaders had an agreement with Stalin to let him go first, and it also gave the Allied troops a chance to dig in and get ready in case the Russians kept coming. No one really ever knew what Stalin's plans were.

Says something about my country when our defining military moment is getting slaughtered on a beach by Turks.

For some reason this is central to our national self image.

Without pressure from the US on the African, then European, front, the Germans would have thrown better equipped men at the Russians.

Russians couldn't handle infantry engagements against StG-44's and 45's. At all. The best Russian equivalent was the PPSh SMG, which had the effective range of a butter knife.

The Russians had better long-range weaponry for the colder climate, but if the Germans didn't have to fight on two fronts, they'd have stomped out the Russians.

The US was as technically apt as the Russians, and fielded tried-and-true infantry weapons that could allow servicemen to deal with German engagements a lot better, and we fielded state-of-the-art armor; The Germans had the Panzer, but we had the M4 Sherman which was better for flanking and column overwatch tactics, which gave us the strategic edge. Again: without the US, Russia would have fallen.

You're partially correct
>Russia is getting fucked
>Hitler decides to invade during the Summer thinking he can steamroll them
>It takes longer than expected and Winter comes along
>Napoleon.jpg
>Hitler is now overextended on the Eastern front losing massive amount of resources without making any significant advancements
>Stalingrad happens
>The Soviets now bounce back and Germany is on the backstep.

Stalingrad was one battle, had a lot of battles besides Stalingrad in the eastern front, what is a fact is that Stalingrad was the turning point of the war and the D-day and all what came after was irrelevant, after Stalingrad the Germans had already lost the war.

You haven't been there, I guess.

Why the fuck we kept smacking our heads against those cliffs is anyone's guess. But it did effectively tie the Turks up and helped to keep them out of the European theatre.

Probably. They lost the day they attacked Russia really.

Fuck knows how much longer thry would have held out though. And if we discount any involvement by other forces and assumed Russia and the Axis were the only combatants, after Stalin finished stomping on Berlin he would have been able to lay claim to virtually all of Europe and North Africa.

The Russians basically won the war, read up on history

nigga there ws alot more dead ruskies than that

>Casualties are now a measure of success in wartime

Yes, if the Russians had taken the entire Germany, maybe the Europe would turn red and as a said the lend-lease was vital for the war without that the axis would have won.

Casualties or territory taken, the Russians arrived in berlin first anyway.

> no lend lease, no ruski win
Would it? That certainly sped up the process, but Stalin was changing factories over to military production as quickly as possible.

What I find more interesting is that the Allies had pulled out of Europe and left the Russians to it, America would probably have started offering lend-lease terms to the Axis to try and keep the Russians from European domination.

Russia's military strategy forever has been "throw meat into the grinder until it breaks..."

It works for them... It's not the most humanitarian, but they have the numbers to burn...

Illiterate conscripts are generally placed at 3-5 to 1 versus highly-trained Soldiers such as the West (esp. America) utilizes... So for every one American GI grunt, it would take at least five illiterate conscripts to match said force...

Anyways, the entirety of Europe (sans Russia) would still be under German control today had Hitler NOT jumped the gun and tried to go up against the Soviet Union...

How is it useless if it managed to liberate most of France and Belgium as well as provide a bigger nuisance for Germany since now they had three fronts to fight that was increasingly strangling them.

I imagine that yes, because the lend lease ensured that England didn't fall into the hands of Germany like France, I see the Second War on the side of the allies as a delicate balance between the American provisions, the Western Front, and the Eastern Front, if any of these had fallen the axis would have won, that's my vision.

here is the thing. D-Day locations had a huge withdrawal of german troops due to operation fortitude. As such, there were far fewer troops to kill.
stalangrad was a shitshow that resulted in a large loss for the germans, yes, but it did not constitute a significant stratigic loss.