So, Sulu is gay now

So, Sulu is gay now.

comicbookmovie.com/scifi_movies/star_trek/actor-john-cho-reveals-intriguing-detail-about-sulu-in-a143240

Sulu might have came out in this universe and not the other because of the split in the timeline.

:3 he was gay before

>yfw homosexuals say they won't ruin beloved characters

>Sulu
>beloved

Pretty sure Sulu has always been gay.

>oh my
you just heard that in geroge takais voice didnt you

thats why hes so good at backing the ship up

This is an outrage! Why Sulu?

OH LOOK JJ ABRAMS FAGGING SHIT UP, FOR A CHANGE

CHEKOV IS SPINNING UNDER HIS JEEP

>jj abrams

So Spock is super sexual and Sulu is gay. What about some trek? Not greys anatomy drama

Sulu never was with a woman in the show or movies. When he tried to stab Kirk with a sword it was obviously a metaphor.

Not to mention you see kirk actually fucking a bitch instead of just running a game.

I always thought kirk was gay.

>Spock
>Super-sexual

A smooch here and there isn't super-sexual, bro.

If you watch the original series it's pretty much a given, they just never said it.

>trying to exploit gay people

Classic Hollywood.

So Sulu and Spock are gay now, WE FULL GAYZ NOW GUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hasn't he always been gay anyways?

c'mon people it's the current year, coming out of the closet isn't even close to edgy anymore

>gay
>people

Yeah. great "news" Slowpoke

It is compared to what the average Sup Forums poster gets.

Stop giving them an excuse moron

>sulu gay, actor isn't
>spock not gay, actor is

sulu was always gay tho tbqh

I'd prefer ladyboy Sulu

By Vulcan standards, he might as well be a nymphomaniac.

Sulu was always gay, it just took them fifty years to actually say it. But, then again, it took George Takei nearly seventy to come out publicly himself, so there's that.

Coming out was never about being "edgy".

Spock is only half-Vulcan, though.

I'M GONNA SAY SOMETHING I COULD HAVE NEVER IMAGINED SAYING:

BOOSIE BADAZZ IS RIGHT

>Coming out was never about being "edgy".
oh boy

>Coming out was never about being "edgy"
maybe not personally for the fag that wants to come out, but certainly yes for the entertainment industry

Was he not always gay?

But this doesn't feel like a pandering quota or trying to score good boy points or teaching the plebs about tolerance. Just a homage to the original actor.

A genuine case of "amongst these people, this one happened to be gay" which feels as real as real life's group.

This isn't on the same level as blacked out characters or some new genderfluid teaching moment of the week.

what if they have a scene where sulu keeps referring to his partner and how he can't wait for shore leave so he can go suck him off and have him fuck him in his boipucci?

Why he didn't do kung fu during action sequences?

Once again proving feminist and LGBTWTF can't write for shit and have to resort to changing already beloved classics.

Didn't he have a daughter with a woman in the orignal timeline?

Did the Romulans going back in time somehow make him gay?

>changing classics
>changing sulu
he's not straight in the new star trek user.

>implying Sulu wasn't always gay

Y'all forreal?

Who gives a shit?

>Sulu being gay is something new
>Star Trek portraying "progressive" stuff is something new

Some people just want to be triggered

Don't fuckin pretend he has no influence on this.

the whole point of star wars right from the beginning was to push a progressive agenda
nothing wrong with this

>“I liked the approach, which was not to make a big thing out it, which is where I hope we are going as a species, to not politicise one’s personal orientations.”
Then why are you using it to promote your movie?

>now
>now
hahaha

>Sulu being gay is something new
Yes? Have you watched Star Trek? Or read the article?

tbqh, he was probably asked about it and he gave an answer.

George Takei is such a flaming homosexual that this is basically a homage. I wouldn't really see this as a 'big change for the sake of publicity'. Hell, if anything, this is accurate.

did you live in a different dimension or something?

Where in Star Trek is Sulu even hinted to be gay?

How much did you think about who sulu dated before they changed his sexuality? Did you ever think about it?

Original time line? You're really eating this horseshit all up, aren't ya?

Everyone knows time travel makes you gay user.

IF ANY OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS GIVE HIM SHIT ABOUT IT, I'M GONNA COME BACK AND FUCK YOUR SHIT UP

Was it hinted that he is hetero? The actor is absolutely fabulous and very open about it

see

>now

Kirk is bi-curious

>Was it hinted that he is hetero?
He had a daughter. Why the hell would you assume that she was adopted?

>The actor is absolutely fabulous and very open about it
Is this relevant?

>mfw Sup Forums is trying to stir up shit about this but it turns out most of Sup Forums is just ok with it

How did they even explain that?
They literally say in the comic 'future you is straight', but then act like the past version is 100% homo.

what you idiot, when was he ever not gay

>He had a daughter. Why the hell would you assume that she was adopted?
why would you assume she wasn't? Did they ever mention a mother? Why wouldn't you assume she was a clone?

wtf? i hate harold & kumar now

Why would you assume she isnt?

Him being gay is fine. It being newsworthy is not. Unless there's a DP BLACKED scene, it doesn't fuckin matter.

>now

Because the majority of children is not adopted?

I'm a dude and I want to FUCK Chris pine!

It's a nod to takei. That's awesome.

Except children of gay people

Because I'm not doing mental gymnastics to try to preserve "muh headcanon"?

They cloned Sulu and made a female clone?

gay people are also a minority

It's Star Trek, who gives a shit? It's not like they're fucking rewriting the bible to make John gay, it's a fucking corny sci fi show

sounds like you are.

>Sulu is gay now.
>now
LOL
dude was gayer than gay even back in the original series, mate

gay people do weird things. That doesn't change in the future.

You seem to be the only one itt, that thinks sulu being gay is surprising or changes anything about the character

John was always gay, they don't need to rewrite

Yeah, and we all know how much the Starfleet discriminates minorities. There is no way they would have a gay guy on one of their ships, right?

Teen Bobby told older Bobby he was coming out, so Older Bobby reveals he has been pretending to be straight because he didn't want to be discriminated against and said he thought he might just stop being gay.

Yes the X-MAN/MUTANT who has lived and worked with multiple gay people who were excepted by his entire social circle was scared to be gay.
He lead on multiple woman and somehow managed to hide his gayness from dozens of telepaths until he was dragged out of the closet by time travel.

Bravo marvel
Whatever, anyway, its not like anyone actually gives a shit about iceman

If anything they will have like one line vaguely referring to this.

Seconding.
You'd think that the entertainment industry would finally get over the 'shock' of someone being gay by now, but mainstream hollywood moves at a glacial pace compared to the rest of the world.
Sure, 20+ years ago being gay was a scandal that actors tried desperately to hide, but anymore, outside of the deep bible thumping south and Uganda, literally no one cares if you're gay.

Its mainstream, boring, and going out of your way to point out that you are is pretty much just an offensive cry for attention anymore.

Just another way for the Jews to make us Asian males non-sexual or in this case into literal faggots. Why not just have him be a quiet monk who vows never to use his tiny Asian pee pee on a girl like every other Asian male character? I'm so sick of this shit

ah well, I probably wasn't going to see this anyway. sure as hell not now

No he wasn't you limp wristed poz faggot, he literally had a daughter

It's mental gymnastics to assume that when someone has a child it's their biological child?
Jesus Christ, do you live in San Francisco?

None of you have offered any hints that was gay aside from "he didn't wear a shirt one time".

>why would you assume she wasn't?

gee, who knows?

Sadly I did. Not anymore.

On topic the Sulu thing doesn't really bother me, the reboot feels different enough from the original it's easier to separate the two, and in the reboot Sulu never showed any interest in girls.
Feels more like an alternate reality than a retcon to the existing canon (Even if it's technically not supposed to be).

>being the only person in the thread to mention Sup Forums

good job

What? I dont have a clue what you are on about. If anything they are sometimes portrayed as perverts

>tfw you can't tell if its a woman or a man
Usually this doesn't bother me, but I really need to know here

I love how Asians get lumped into the "cis white male patriarchy" in Hollywood.

It's possible, not probable

No sweat. If it's actually not treated as a "big deal", I'm totally okay with that. I mean, the point is: If you want true equality, just don't make a fuss about it. About anything, really. about whether it's a man, woman, straight, gay, bi, trans – portray them as normal people and no one will bother... except fucks, of course.

it's mental gymnastics to try and force and image that YOU had that was never exactly established.

Sulu had a daughter. Ok, fine. That doesn't mean he wasn't gay. A lot of gay people have biological kids.

>About anything, really. about whether it's a man, woman, straight, gay, bi, trans – portray them as normal people and no one will bother... except fucks, of course.

Go back to Sup Forums concern troll

>it's mental gymnastics to try and force and image that YOU had that was never exactly established.
That sounds exactly like what you are doing right now.

95% of the population is straight. If you assume that a character with a daughter is gay for no reason, than you're retarded.

Sulu the actor can make with his life in his privacy what he wants. Sulu the character on the other hand is not gay.
More SJW pandering

The actor is famously gay and the show never gave concrete indications about his sexuality.

It is also funny you mention San Francisco.