Honestly, how many other bands continually improve with each subsequent release? I mean...

Honestly, how many other bands continually improve with each subsequent release? I mean, Josh Homme has been doing this rock thing since '87! How the hell is he still putting out consistently great work 30 years later?!

He's a legend

Because he is actually talented.

Pleb shit

Josh Homme and QOTSA are great no doubt, but they certainly aren't improving with each release. They peaked 15-20 years ago, their first 3 albums were clearly their best. I did enjoy Like Clockwork though.

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on Lullabies. It's not a bad album by any means, but when put up alongside the rest of their material...

Rated R was their best, no?

Well I don't think any of their albums are bad, but yeah it really doesn't hold up to their other stuff imo. Which is more a comment on the quality of the band overall I suppose.

I flip flop between those first 3, but Rated R definitely has their best song (Better Living Through Chemistry)

>Which is more a comment on the quality of the band overall I suppose.

Very true. Not a bad release, just not up to their usual output.

I felt Era Vulgaris was a small step down from Lullabies. But I agree the overall trend is one of improvement.

I always wondered, where exactly does the QOTSA sound come from? What were their influences? It doesn't really have anything to do with the alt rock scene but I can't pinpoint what classic rock they're ripping off. Like pretty much all mainstream rock music is either ripping off Nirvana or Sabbath but they don't appear to be doing either

ZZ Top is one of them

Of course it is. Still holds up.

>Rated R definitely has their best song (Better Living Through Chemistry)

Mah nigga

>Better living through chemistry
>best

This guy gets it

>their best song (Better Living Through Chemistry)

Damn straight

Not to mention beautiful af

this album is a 10/10

Can we all agree that it's their best song?

I think my choice for best is I Appear Missing

Fuck him. Untalented hack.

Both good choices IMO, and somewhat ironically both on albums that aren't as consistent across the board when it comes to quality as their other albums.

more talented than you

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
They haven't made a good album since SftD, fag.
And they've been getting progressively worse.

Depends on what you are talking about. I bet I could play circles around him guitar wise.

kek

Been playing over 20 years. Try me.