Ask an atheist anything

Ask an atheist anything.

ill observe whatever days given adequate notice

how did you become an atheist?

I realized in 5th grade and told my parents, from then on its been me on a "crusade" lol to destroy every piece of religion, which has been complete.

Why do you hate God?

How does it feel to be a godless heathen?

I hate him as I hate Darth Vader, A fictional character whom is evil.

Wonderful, God makes the world seem so dull, but when you realize it was billions of years of cosmic evolution it becomes invigorating to think about.

bump of life

Why are you people so loud?

Honestly, 90% of atheists just can't fucking WAIT to say something about atheism and religion, and how they're SOOO much better than religious peoples because they're atheists...

Whereas the vast majority of religious people simply don't give enough of a shit to start an argument over religion....

>from then on its been me on a "crusade" lol to destroy every piece of religion

Of course it has, because atheists are immature fucking children...

because religion genuinely fucks society up really bad, and we atheists find it stunning people can believe such things, and want to help

it was just a bad reference/joke what's the problem

and we don't claim were better, we know it and it subconsciously comes out.

But your assumption that all religion is evil is simply wrong; in fact, religion has saved as many (if not more) lives than it has supposedly cost.

Of course, religion is not for everyone, but a complete lack thereof is a terrible thing; religions are societal institutions which mostly teach morality and such. Granted, religious institutions can be exploited for personal gain and to violent, destructive, and/or hateful ends, but the vast majority of religious institutions are genuinely virtuous...

hows the seventh grade?

> immature fucking children
you realize atheism is not believing a sky god that poofed everything into exsistence.

The problem is your snobby jackassy elitist attitude...

A severe generalization, and NOT representative of all religions (in fact, it's only representative of a handful of religions), proving that you've no fucking idea what religion is about, but can't WAIT to prove your ignorance by starting a bitch-fit over the subject...

see you say that, but generally the people running "religious" charities and foundations to help people would be doing it anyway, if you take a step back and look you will see that religion is the main source of hate in the world

many people confuse/perceive being intellectually informed as snobby.

I understand that I just didn't feel like typing a prargraph

Incorrect. Stop basing your opinion of a subject on the actions of a few.

Nope 8th

See? It's right there... Your "I'm better than you because I don't think a certain way" attitude...

You have an OPINION of a subject; NOT FACT. So stop treating it as such.

>a few
don't make me laugh (I could go into more specific detail if you like)

That's where your wrong, my opinion is fact

Would you agree that there is a balance of opposites that keeps this world in the so called "ordered chaos" we live in today? Such as good and bad, feeling and thinking, hearing and listening.

No I would not.

And it continues... This is why you're never taken seriously, kid...

I bet you're the kind of faggot who believes "assault rifles" should be banned because Sandy Hook too...

What's with taking a nice big healthy shit, then within a few seconds you get that little chaser that blasts out like a bullet?

If that isn't a sign of a higher power I don't know what is. It's like saying here have a little poop popper for the road. Now you know you are totally clean.

Do you celebrate Christmas?

Fuck no, I support the second amendment right, I own some guns myslef

yes/no, I usually don't buy gifts, but I do get together with my loved ones

Wrong, I'm not taken seriously because I browse Sup Forums.

Would you say that there is a certain balance between "opposites" that keep this world in a state of ordered chaos, as it has been since the beginning of man. Oppisites such as: thinking and feeling, good and bad, talking and listening.

Ok at least your not a full blown tard

again No, I don't believe there is anything keeping the world in any state.

bump

As a physicist in the science community, I meet a lot of atheists and feel the same way about all of them.

I'm in no way a religious person, but I believe in an infinite universe of endless possibilities, not believing in the existence of a higher power is ignorant.

All thing are possible in infinity.

Being certain of something that you can't prove or disprove sounds like faith to me. Even if it's faith in the absence of.

I never said I was certain, but it's like a 99.9/10, and I also question your authority.

and It's not ignorant, I'm atheist to all the religions on earth because they don't have anything "solid" behind them. I never denied that there could be a creator out there, but it certainly is not any one that the humans made up.

Then you're agnostic, not atheist.

nope I'm an atheist.

damn
/thread

I KNOW that the god of the bible, and vishnu, and all other gods of man kind are false, but of evidence arose of a god I would believe/know it.

Therefore that makes me atheist because I am one who does not believe in a god or gods

Has no one told you (you)'s don't exist anymore?

>I never denied that there could be a creator out there,

Believing in the possibility of a god or gods makes you agnostic.

Either there is no god and it's not possible
>atheist

Or

I don't necessarily believe in one but it's totally possible and I don't doubt that there could be something out there
>agnostic

Pick one.
Pro tip

>if you choose the first one you're an actual retard and you should give up

Atheist - a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

looks like I am the definition of atheist.

>Believing in the possibility of a god or gods makes you agnostic.

that's not true.

a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

your getting your definitions mixed up

"Whom" is used incorrectly, cunt. You wouldn't say "him is evil," you'd say "he is evil," so you use "who".

Would you rather die an athiest and be correct, or take a chance and be accepted by god when you die?

Again
Quoting you
>I never denied that there could be a creator out there,
That is you believing the existence is possible

Now you say you don't believe in the existence.

Which is it?

I've already shown you the holes in your argument. Lots of people believe they're atheists until they understand this simple concept.

Why is it that when confronted with data that contradicts their argument, people stand steadfast in their beliefs?

Meant to respond to this

I'm sorry

Yes I currently lack the believe of the existence of god

This is the first pic that came up when i searched fedora fag

Which makes me atheist.

> religion has saved as many (if not more) lives than it has supposedly cost.

Source? I guarantee you cannot find a reputable source for this claim. Not only is it false, but it's so out of the realm of possibility that even most religious people don't try to claim it.

ok, then, lets go to a different place for a definition

Agnostic - An agnostic is a person who believes that the existence of a greater power, such as a god, cannot be proven or disproved

Atheist - ) A person who lacks belief in a god or gods

looks like I'm atheist

No, that isn't agnostic. That's an agnostic atheist (still an atheist). There is no such thing as a true agnostic unless you refuse to even think about the existence of god (which nobody can do).

> not knowing the definitions of agnostic and atheist

shiggy

Believing existence is possible =/= believing in existence. Quit being stupid. I think that it is possible that there is an iron based life form in the universe, but with the absence of any evidence of one I don't believe they exist. I would be an atheist of iron based life forms, albeit an agnostic atheist. This is no the same thing as just agnostic.

It illustrates how there are agnostic atheists and agnostic theists, but no pure agnostics.