This album is for people who have given up on the idea of enjoyable sounding music...

this album is for people who have given up on the idea of enjoyable sounding music. Their enjoyment has morphed into an entirely logical experience, not one of feeling the music, or sharing a good time with others. there is no 'flow' or 'groove' to it, and listening to this is nothing more than a practice in self torture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nuO9xtNsRs0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP, is your life really that miserable that you actually bothered to make 3 Swans hate threads?

Different OP, same salt

kinda true for some listeners, it happens only if you are an idiot tho
you can appreciate different forms of art and music, if you listen to swans cs you want to be individual/edgy than OP has a point

This album forces you to sit through all the intolerable noises it has. It always hints a promise of something beautiful in the end.

Nigga you just mad as hell because it doesn't make sense to you and can't get into it.
You're immature for making this thread.

are you even trying? why not youtube.com/watch?v=nuO9xtNsRs0 instead?

yes, that's exactly what makes it one of the best music albums of all time

maybe you just can't get into kino music.

Let me guess, you also think STGSTV is hipsters trying to be avant garde and ITAOTS is an average folk album

that's like saying people who watch sad or scary movies gave up on happiness and enjoying films.

haha wow get 'em with that mucore knowledge!

Those 3 albums are mu-core for a reason you know.

Oh wait, no, you clearly don't.
Have fun never transcending.

is this bait?

>an entirely logical experience, not one of feeling the music
why can't one just do both

yeah, because they've been endlessly shouted in an echo chamber by pretentious teenagers

>no flow
>no groove
>not one of feeling the music
SFTB? What?

t. pleb

Stop fucking lumping these albums together. SFTB is a masterpiece. ITAOTS is not even an avarage folk album, it's pure garbage. They don't have anything in common.

>using the pleb/patrician meme as an insult
hello newfag

>SFTB is a masterpiece.
hi ho reddit

ITAOTS is actually the most purely kino of the 3.

You sound like a bit of a poser.
My first day here.

Music has to be intense, not enjoyable.

What's a good swans album to start with? Op motivated me to start listening to them

Children of God

Listen to them chronologically, starting with the 16 minute Swans (EP).

Don't do this

does anyone else think the guy on I Was A Prisoner In Your Skull is a recording of a guy talking to himself?

It's from a real FBI tape.

the chick that used to play with gira had an fbi dad and he recorded that sample from a hotel guest on one of his missions

Ty

That's the one that goes "you are more fucked up than me"? It rather rehearsed to be an actual life recording. Don't you guys think so? The others sounded real though.

Because the guy knew he was being recorded and did it as a joke.

>doesn't know jarboe name
kys

>Reply
Don't listen to those fucks, chronological is the way to go. Its so satisfying to hear the band progress from something as dark as cop to something as beautiful as White Light from the Mouth of Infinity

The entire album is immensely enjoyable. It sounds beautiful. How can you say that you don't feel the music? Every time I play one of the songs I end up listening through the rest of the album.

So, i can see them live but none of my friends want to go. Are their concerts worth going? I've never listened to them desu

if u can't have a spiritual experience during the second half of helpless child then you don't get this album

that's the entry point, don't pretend you get this album because you love that song
you should be able to get a lot out of each song

how
deep
:0

I'm a Farewell Transmission guy myself but I don't hate ITAOTS. Ghost is a great song

holy shit
me last night