Is this really as bad as everyone says? I thought the painting was in the first one and was surprised when it wasn't...

Is this really as bad as everyone says? I thought the painting was in the first one and was surprised when it wasn't. I remember having at least some sort of interest in that plot point, but after rewatching into the first one, I was surprised at how differently I recall it.

So thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0K1WZUfvE54
youtube.com/watch?v=L5WULhUiYrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i like it

Nah, it's pretty good.

youtu.be/0K1WZUfvE54

How could you NOT love this scene?

Most of it is fairly meh, but it does have one of the best scenes in all cinema
>hello
>HELLOOOO
>hey
>HEY HEy
>hello!
>...
>WINSTOOOON

They're both mediocre bullshit.
Your childhood is a farce.
Die knowing you enjoy shit.

I can sense deep hurt and disappointment behind your anger. You can talk to us

Better than the original. There. I said it.

>Die knowing you enjoy shit.
We all enjoy shit.
Most of us have to eat shit daily.
Then we have to physically take shits also.
Its all a big pile of shit.

Ghostbusters 2 wasn't as bad as critics say it was.

The movie suffered from being released too long after the first film. When Ghostbusters was made, no one really knew it was going to be as big as it was. So when the movie came around, it couldn't live up to anyone's expectations.

It has a lot of fun lines and scenes, and some of the most challenging special effects for its time (the courtroom scene was insane to film)

shit's good

I heard somewhere that the same people who did FX for the 80s Blob did some of the slime effects in GBII

that scene with the statue of liberty was probably the worst thing I've ever seen on film

It had some great build up like the bathtub and in the court room.

>Ghostbusters 2 wasn't as bad as Bill Murray says it was.

>Egon's "Yo!"

Every Time

DO

RE

EGON

I love it tbqh. Never got the hate.

It's pretty awful

Hopefully the women's reboot is better

That bathtub shit scarred me for life mang

that was awful

fapped tbqh
youtube.com/watch?v=L5WULhUiYrc

What an ugly child.

Why are you looking at kids man?

I VIGGO
THE SCOURGE OF CARPATHIA
THE SORROW OF MOLDAVIA
COMMAND YOU

aw c'mon man. somebody needs a little positive mood slime

>YOUR LOOOVE KEEPS ON LIFTIN' ME
>LIFTIN' ME HIGHER AND HIGHER

Fuck you

The big issue with GB2 was the release date:
It was released near Batman, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (the box office killers of 89), Back to the Future Part II, Lethal Weapon 2, Dead Poets Society. Even Honey I shrunk the kids had better reception and bank more money

The Little Mermaid and Batman was a huge cultural hit.

GB2 was OK, not great, but at least was a memorable film with a nice story and great FX that did a mistake repeating the whole structure/plot of the original one.

Remember that GB1 was done as an standalone film, and the sequel happened mostly because The Real Ghostbusters was a big thing back then.

I like a lot

I like GB2 more than GB1.
Because it seemed more light-hearted, fun and with overall better action scenes. It should have ended with Viggo being successfully reincarnated in some way. Then the big battle would take place in a third movie. But whatever

>muh is it rly as bad as everyone says thread
>every single time everyone says they like it
ffs lads

It's fine. I mean there's nothing WRONG with it, but it's just one of those "why does this have to exist" films.

It's main problem is that it's just the first movie with a different villain for the most part.

>nerd guy linked to paranormal stuff
check
>Burocratic antagonist
check
>ghostbuster go to jail
check
>nobody believes on them
check
>ghost outbreak montage
check
>they was right after all
check
>demigod triying to enter to our world
check
>giant creature
check

This is one of those movies I had no idea everybody hated until I started going on the internet. I watched it a lot when I was really little and felt like it was just as good as the first. By the time I started regularly using the internet I hadn't seen it for a long time so when people would talk about how awful it was I thought they were crazy. Legit thought it was viewed as a classic up until that point.

Same here. If anything, my only complaint with the movie as a kid was this fucking painting.Never made sense to me. "Oh look we defeated the bad guy and SOMEHOW now we're in a painting, why? Who cares!"

I still hate even looking at it.

>This is one of those movies I had no idea everybody hated until I started going on the internet.

This.

Makes me wonder how bands felt about their reputation pre-internet when the worst press they got was shitty reviewa of their albums.

About to watch this for the first time, it better not be shit.

It's not shit, it's just one of those "eh, the first movie was better" movies

Loved it. it just gets that hate boner like mario bros. movie people just hop critic bandwagon dick.

>like mario bros.

Ok the difference is there are legit big flaws with the SMB movie. G2's biggest crime is trying too hard to be the first movie.

They're both silly manchild power fantasies.

I only just saw the first movie in it's entirety for the first time and it was good, but I wouldn't describe it as great.
It could've been a lot better.

Super Mario Brothers is a fucking masterpiece.

retarded phone poster can't even form his own opinion

I just rewatched it last week. There are a few good lines and okay scenes, mostly in the first half of the movie. The end goes full on retard. Bill Murray very obviously did not want to be there. Overall it was just an unnecessary sequel.

>Winston just straight up fucking disappears when they need to fight ghosts in the court room

>Well, there are so many holes in 1st Avenue, we really didn't think anyone would notice.

I didn't realize people hate this movie until I was online for years, like the other poster said. The only thing that didn't make sense to me was how nobody believed them after the shit that happened in 1.

No it alright. The first so great it's hard to compare anything to it.

The reason people are shitting on 2 so much now is to try and pave the way for everyone to accept the terrible reboot.

It's a lot worse than the original, but it has more charm, and a better soundtrack.

>better soundtrack
I thought it was pretty shit

You have shit taste then, and you're probably a Nazi.

> Those phone lines are over there. What did I say? How many times?

Where 2 falls apart is having Peter Venkman raising another man's son.

Didn't he want to be tried separately with his own lawyer?

I remember my parents waiting for VHS to let me see Last Crusade, but let me go with friends to see Ghostbusters 2.

Don't remember if I saw Back To The Future 2 in cinemas, but I did see 3. So I think I saw 1 & 2 at home.

I grew up on Adam West Batman and wasn't ready for Burton's. It wasn't until the animated series that I got to like Burton's.

>G2's biggest crime is trying too hard to be the first movie.
Even as a kid I was disappointed that it rehashed too much.

Peter KEKman

I posted while watching the movie, that was never implied.

The worst thing, the absolute WORST thing about Ghostbusters 2 is that it is, essentially, the same movie as the first one. Every plot point mirrors the first movie in some way. Now does that make it a bad movie? Redundant, yes, but bad? Well, since it is basically the exact same movie as a really good movie, having the same actors as the same characters doing essentially the same stuff, then no, not really. It isn't really a lesser movie, but more of a sideways movie. Completely pointless, but I'm still glad it exists.