youtube.com/watch?v=_TKK5hR_FLA
youtube.com/watch?v=aY4Ra2KOyas
reverb.com/item/2672043-spector-euro-5lx-aw-signature-2016-blood-splatter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/thread

>hurr durr bass doesn't matter

Musically illiterate fag

Scott "Wolfman" Pell

Bass is that sweet spot between harmony and rhythm. I'm a percussionist primarily and I honestly would've never been able to pick up any other instruments had it not been for learning bass.

It can be the greatest part of any ensemble, while at the same time it can be the worst... really depends on the musician.

The only right answer can't deny the quick fingers.
youtube.com/watch?v=15JCb6P60Vw

Is it cliche to say Geddy Lee?

pic related
youtube.com/watch?v=xTDe5i6JA6g

I never said anything faggot. William murderface is the best bassist. If you dont think so you can go fuck yourself.

This Animal.

Nah man, Rush started a revolution.

The guy metallica got to replace robert trujillo is pretty good

Geddy Fucking Lee

Anybody that literally died and was brought back to life deserves a mention.

Thee one. Thee only.

A haw, haw, haw.

Chris Squire

>all these meme musicians

If you dont know who this man is, then you should really consider ending your miserable life

This guy has contributed more to music than every musician posted ITT

Jesus, who hasn't this guy worked with. Incredible resume.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leland_Sklar

For real. You dont work on 2,000+ albums, or do movie scores and tv shows if you suck.

Id like to find a complete list of everything he's done, that wiki only shows part of it

A lot of 'session' musicians are top-tier because they learn shit fast and play it well after just a few practice runs.

That's Charlie Chaplin dude
Obvious shoop

Why are they so big and strong?

Good old ollie

youtube.com/watch?v=le0BLAEO93g

j o e d a r t

Forgot one.

Not an amazing bassist. He's the bass god!

>that f carotene

Ok pops

RIP

and another RIP

Kiss sucks. Looking at them you would think they are the most brutal hardcore band ever. Then you hear their music and realize it is tame, top 40 rock meant to be played on the radio.

(Cont)
Chris playing a bass as lead guitar
youtube.com/watch?v=dUWn90y7Kgc

No standing at the back pumping out a beat here
youtube.com/watch?v=Uuifyz3o7xM

I don't know if I would call Pete an amazing bassist, but my god did he have a lot of sex appeal. If this is was an amazing voices thread then he would be #1, without question. His voice makes my dick diamonds.

Justin Chancellor

Derrick Hodge

Motherfucking Ryan

Cygnus

Jeff Schmidt-
youtube.com/watch?v=TF4sJHBIYEo

George Smed-
youtube.com/watch?v=_TKK5hR_FLA
Michael Manring
youtube.com/watch?v=aY4Ra2KOyas

longtime inspirations. fuck yeah

Simon Grove

nollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynollynolly

great thread, anyone wanna talk about their personal equipment ??

Currently playing a cort b5 plus open pore mahogany. It's done me well so far

Dubs acknowledged. Good ol' Cliff- never played an unnecessary note in his life.

nice never played a cort before but know they are quality.
i have a few basses, fender fretless jazz, peavey grind 6 and my best bass is my ibanex k5 fieldy signature (1st active bass)

i just recently picked up a fretless wishbass from ebay and its cool but needs work lol.

I know, right. Boston is probably a "harder" band than KISS.

Fender Precision Bass with a Peavey Mark VIII head, and a custom 2x15" cab with Peavey Black Widow speakers. Used to belong to my grandpa.

Also, the bass has Seymour Duncan PJ active pickups. The crazy bastard carved up the body just to put in the bridge pickup.

Well Geddy also did main vocals and synth while playing bass. Not to mention his double headed bass/guitar

nice man i have a gk700 head with a typical ampeg 4x10 cab. you mentioned your grandpa i forgot i have a tube fender bassman full stack some where in storage id like to play soon. great tone.

lmao how do the pj pickups sound now, monstrous ha?

>no jazz bassists

being this much of a fucking normie

Sounds great, but he fucked up the wiring. I had to fix it myself, and now the neck pickups don't work because they haven't been played in 15 years. Other than that, it sounds fantastic. I plan on buying a new body and pickups, and restoring it completely.

marcus miller

interesting. never was much of a fan of fender to be honest but some have amazing tones.

only apropriate answers itt so far

Kevin rutmanis for the win!!!!

Steve DiGiorgio

Finally.

hi guys, can i play with you?

Same here. I play a lot of extreme metal stuff, and I'm hoping to get a Spector Legend Classic 5 string soon. As a lefty, good 5 string basses are hard to find, especially in black cherry sunburst which I have a massive hard on for.

no

Trevor Dunn, best known for Mr Bungle, Fantomas etc

My fucking nigger. Steve DiGiorgio is a god.

And so is Alex Webster, one of my favorite bassists ever.

nice me too lol, thus derek boyer / suffocation.

dude id just save up and get a euro or what ever the hell that line is, ive played one in high school, one hell of a bass and worth the money

or get alexs signature if they make it in lefty ha
KILL

that's what the doorman said

I may do that. I absolutely love Spector's sound, but that Precision Bass is the first bass of mine. I didn't want to spend $2k on my first real bass, but I could save up for it.

Actually, they do.
reverb.com/item/2672043-spector-euro-5lx-aw-signature-2016-blood-splatter
I'd buy it if I had the money.

lmao jk jaco

Cliff Burton is the best of the best everyone else in thread is just a runner up

Melissa

its funny you say real bass cus i feel that way too, but it will feel so good after getting it, this k5 bass ive wanted since i was middle school and i finally scored one im happy and its all i need but originally was around $1k

Hell yes i was waiting for this!! I posted kevin rutmanis he did some stuff with Mike patton

Fucking, nice man. Yeah, I think I may just wait then. As far as I know, that AW bass is the last one I could find, so I'm hoping I can snag it when I have the money because holy fuck I want it so bad.

i don't know much fuck all playing about bass or guitar for that matter, but i have heard people say Seamann is a fucking hard song to play on the bass guitar

I hate his sloppy right hand technique.

Mike fuckin Kerr

Hey there Vsauce, Michael here!

just keep an eye out man there isnt a real rush but start saving and keep looking online, ebay, craigslist youd be surprised ! stay metal my friend~

Him and Patton are the fucking dream team, honestly I wouldn't mind a duet band of just him and Patton XD

Worship Mingus you bunch of cucks.

bump

Yep