RTD did everything wrong edition
Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JK7DA0FliIs
youtube.com/watch?v=i7i83yoQSo0
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Basement_Mcgann
youtube.com/watch?v=Jv_glfYFFvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Doctor, Clara and a crew of six soldiers are stranded on a desolate outpost planet. They must reveal the secret of Aridia if they want to get to the Vault where the TARDIS is staying, but with frost creatures on their tail, survival is going to be a tough experience...

The episode would be taking place over the course of a week or two, and they live and sleep in different bases scattered on the surface of the planet.

Okay.

>The episode would be taking place over the course of a week or two, and they live and sleep in different bases scattered on the surface of the planet.
Wow, that's an actually good idea for an episode. You've outdone yourself.

Bill gets possessed by the water creature towards the episode 10x01. The Doctor must smack her arse to snap her out of it

Please let it die, let /who/ die
and let me die too
let me die

You mean it or you're memeing?

>>
water creature? moffat ripping off Waters of Mars now?

THE WATERS OF MOFF

Does anyone else like the idea that Five could have saved Adric but chose not to because he was an annoying twat? Like he thought "Fuck it, I'll just pop back to save him in a later incarnation, I just can't deal with any more of his shit right now"

/who/ WILL
NOT
DIE!

Probably watched it on loop on the TARDIS scanner for a bit, while Nyssa tried drowning herself in the TARDIS pool

kek

Does any of you know what happens when we die? I mean, about the water in our body. Does it start leaking out into air form or something?

BILL IS THE RANI

bodily fluids leak from every orifice.

Okay well I don't want a VNA level dark story so let's scrap that.

Aridius is already a DW planet m8.

What is the secret? The rest of this is a generic chase unless the secret is worth it.

RTD wasn't that bad. I think at the time many Who fans were so glad it was back on TV he was forgiven for his worst excesses.

Good things this time it's Aridia ;)

I was thinking we never find out. The planet is dying and the Vault is opening, the Doctor wants to know, has to know, but Clara begs the TARDIS to materialise over him just before he sees and the TARDIS itself goes away, mere seconds before the planet explodes. But I feel like it's a bit of a cop out ending like Listen so I'll probably rework that. I only have this basic summary right now.

Also I don't know if I should make them travel between bases as a whole group or have them be scattered by groups of 2 or 3 in different bases and they must uncover the secret together but without ever meeting, just earing each other. Trust issues could happen and close off certain characters leading them to be stuck because they didn't trust the Doctor and they die alone.

>revived the show and made it a hit after 16 years of wilderness
>preserved Big Finish
>gave us Moffat
>gave us Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor
>gave us based Donna
>everything wrong

Watersports of Mars

You should summon Gallifrey Immigrant

We just die. Usually an absorbant mat is placed beneath us beforehand.

From experience. I will never visit another deceased loved one in a Chapel of Rest or similar. The body is an empty 'shell', and it's terribly sad to realize that.

Series 2 > Series 9

Prove me wrong.

# of blowjob-giving paving slabs in series 9: 0
# in series 2: 1

elton and his girlfriend > osgood

/thread

Literally wrong.

10 saved him. 11 tells Jo in that SJA episode that he "visited all of them" before regenerating. And what we saw in EOT he was saving his friends from death so he probably went and saved poor adric.

warned!

okay then.

Come on now even I wouldn't shitpost this hard.

What are you listening to /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=JK7DA0FliIs

Another reason why Ten was the worst Doctor.

He's right tho

>gives jack a fucboi

doesnt mean he saved adric. might've just gone to the crashing freighter, stood and smirked at him, then left.

I knew you were going to say that.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7i83yoQSo0

Headcanon accepted. You have actually done the impossible and given me reason to like Ten.

>He

after all, he only knocked that sontaran out. for all we know, it got back up and killed martha as soon as 10 walked away. Hence he probably just went to Adric, shook his hand, ruffled his hair and then skedaddled.

>not liking based adric

go to bed Matthew.

>Chibnall comes on board for Series 11
>series consists of 13 episodes
>four single episodes, a two-parter, four more single episodes, and a grand three-part finale
>single episodes are a good mix of awesome sci-fi with strange aliens and carefully constructed period episodes
>two-parter is trippy and mind-bending
>three-part finale is fucking amazing, Heaven Sent levels of amazing without the letdown of Hell Bent
>ushers in a shining new era such that everything before it is seen as the show "getting its legs"

>yfw

Paul McGann is coming to Dublin Comic Con in August. How autistic should I be around him

Hello Chris.

Print all the Basement pics and give it to him in a nice folder.

Print out one of the basement memes for him to sign.

Kek

record it too

Got a good one?

Adric is cute. CUTE!

Tell him you really liked him in The Upper Hand.

I don't understand how season 17 is a silly joke. There's lots of tame humor and a fun atmosphere with no great stories but no bad ones unless you count shada.

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Basement_Mcgann

I'm afraid I haven't. I had to wipe my HDD for uh reasons.

I actually have no idea if it'll be that good. I just have hope.

DONT YOU DARE

Sing him the McGann Can Can
youtube.com/watch?v=Jv_glfYFFvg

You're gonna be disappointed m8.

Why? He's done a good job on Broadchurch.

>Tom Baker says he wanted Adric to be an idiot who didn't speak English, like Manuel from Fawlty towers
>Big Finish literally cast Manuel as Adric

BORADCHURCH

Get him to sign Paint user's artwork of him as Grandfather Paradox.

>He's done a good job on Broadchurch.
You watched Broadchurch right? How much of writing that show do you think carries over to successful Doctor Who writing?

I'm shamelessly quoting Charlie Brooker's Philomena Cunk here, but:

"Broadchurch 1: The question is "who's the murderer"
Broadchurch 2: The question is "What's the point?"

Broadchurch at least proves he can hold a decent drama together though. And at the very least, he can do consistency these days which is what we need after Hit and Miss Moff.

Borat Church?

More like Philomena Cuck :^^^^^^)

I'd rather have great imaginative stories with some inconsistencies here and there than consistent meh stories that are basically what we have since 1963.

I love Dimensions in Time.

Replace Borad with Borat. On a scale of one to a googolplex how much would that improve Timelash?

Don't mention Doctor Who. Say you're a fan of The Musketeers (even if you're not), and you've heard he is playing a major part in season 3.

Suppose you receive the news that somehow Refn has become the new showrunner for Doctor Who, promising to play by the rules and keep it a family show.

Besides a visually stunning TARDIS and Ryan Gosling as the Doctor, what do you expect?

Ask him when they're gonna get the gang back together to do Horatio Hornblower audio dramas.

"What we've had since 1963", all consistent meh stories? Crikey. Wonder how it's lasted so long with 50 years of consistent meh stories.

Also you don't know what Chibnall has in mind yet. Moff's eps in RTD's era, turns out, were not an indicator of what he'd produce during his time as showrunner.

First I would need someone to tell me who Refn is.

>I haven't actually watched the Hartnell era

Has he ever directed anything that wasn't rated R? I honestly would have no idea what to expect.
The director of Drive, Only God Forgives, the Pusher trilogy, Bronson, Valhalla Rising, and this year, the Neon Demon.

No I meant running down corridors stalked by a monster stories like 42. It wasn't creative. Consistent but meh.

He also wrote all of those besides Drive.

Have you even watched Doctor Who? That sounds like the stupidest massive over-generalisation I've ever heard.

Understandable. It was over 50 yrs ago.

Heaven Sent is literally the ultimate "running down corridors stalked by a monster" story.

I've not seen any of those.

I didn't say all stories were like that Jesus Christ, I said we've had those since 1963. There wasn't a twist. 42 could have been done in 1963, it didn't shake up the formula. That means after 50 years of having this kind of stories, it's just meh because it doesn't reinvent the wheel and isn't even good.

Dimensions in Time is brilliant, especially how it makes autists ree. I'd love more on-screen crossovers. Apparently Davies wanted to do one with Eccleston's Doctor and Star Trek Enterprise.

let's not assume that's all Chibnall is gunna do, is all I'm saying. we don't know what the guy's got planned.

But this time the Doctor was alone, it went on for weeks and there was a mystery that climaxed in the final 15 minutes which are a masterpiece.

Well yeah I didn't say otherwise I just said going by what he did his stories are meh but consistent whereas Moffat's aren't all the time but they're ambitious and great.

>especially how it makes autists ree.
To be fair I can see why it upset fans of the time, because it hurt Doctor Who's chances of coming back. Only true patricians appreciate it so to the general public it just reinforced the idea that DW was naff shit.

What if Chibnall treats the show like many other shows, in that there's a clear ongoing plot the whole time, even as they deal with individual threats each episode, rather than "hey you know how we stuck cracks in the background of these totally disconnected adventures?"

Like what if solving one episode's problem created the next, and they got into trouble on some planet while they were there to lay low and try to avoid some other aliens? Or maybe the Doctor does something to stop one enemy, and four or five episodes later it bites him in the ass?

I don't mean go full "trial of a time lord" but I'd like a bit more continuity.

Well, looking from another perspective, I'd rather have a Meh But Consistent Chibnall than a Forgettable Yawnfest Tedious Gatiss era.