>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/efGJ6V16cZk
youtu.be/yGJSKFZWM8M
youtu.be/_0RWKMSZzn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for telecaster best guitar

my pinky is so strong i'm bending and bending+vibrato with just the pinky just like the other fingers, be jelly

henceforth you shall be known as Erik Strongpinky, fearless bender of strings

Did i do good for my first guitar lads?

Please give me some help on pinky anchoring bros. Is it bad or not? Does it limit your speed and accuracy or put strain on your wrist? My favourite guitarist John Frusciante does it, Guthrie Govan does it, John Petrucci does it, Mark Knopfler does it, but many don't do it and say it's really really bad. I'm still new and I want to make sure that I don't develop a really bad habit that will be hard to break down the line.

Works for me. If it works for you then it works. It makes your picking much more accurate than if your hand was just floating in mid air.

nope

practice "floating" until THAT is accurate

this is the essence of get gud, my friend

I know this is gay to say and disappointing to hear, but do what works for you.

clearly you know better than Guthrie Govan and John Frusciante

Is there a difference in tone or sustain between a wraparound tuneomatic bridge and a tuneomatic with tailpiece but stringed topwrapped?
Both will have less tension than a bridge+tailpiece stringed the regular way and the resulting slinky feel and sound. So the playability is the same.
But the topwrapped tailpiece one will have the more string length, and will have the tailpiece sitting tight to the wood, giving more vibration transfer to the body

Will it damage the guitar if i contour my condor les paul's heel?

yeah same as edge picking, it allows for more speed but affects tone and its better to practice to get that speed with the pick parallel to the strings

Help, i'm in need for approval

if you can hear the difference ten times out of ten attempts in a blind test then I will pay you $1000

clearly you have no concept of how to better yourself

Serious question.

What kind of (((Autism))) make you buy 6+ $800 mexican made guitar of the same shape tuned in the same standard E with the same, or very similar, Pickups instead of 2 Custom shops ?

Yeah, you can't add a contour to your set neck, contoured ones are either neck-through or have a much deeper joint.

not bad really
if it plays well you can keep it

Not an accusation that could ever be levelled at me.

I'm looking for a cheap guitar to get my little sister and i found this squier strat for 50 bucks. Any way to tell if it's fake? Will post more pics

That's real. People don't generally fake Squiers.

2/4

That's real. People don't generally fake Squiers.

i cant accept it
not even just a bit so its not so big barrier to slipping the hand to the end of the fretboard?

This lol
If you want sure you can email fender with the serial

I have that exact same Squier, albeit in a sunburst tone. It was my first guitar and I still play on it. For 50 bux definitely get it, she'll have a blast playing it and it'll hold up very well.

Why would someone make a fake squier? It's surely real. Just make sure you set it up and shit for her, a lot of $50 guitars can be a nightmare until they get some love. Make sure to file the but.

Also, red?

>playing sitting down with your legs crossed and eyes closed

i guess it was pretty oblivious lol, i just didnt want to get her a crap guitar. Thanks anyways, gonna go check if it plays at all tomorrow.

Are you telling me people can't normally do that?
I've been doing it for years, but i guess it's because i work construction.

Oh yeah, trying the guitar out before buying goes without saying. Like this user said, you'll also probably need to set it up for her. But Squiers are generally great guitars for beginners and intermediate players.

Thoughts?

now you got me. i guess its me who had weak fingers, i had trouble bending with 9s on the slinkiest guitar

>fearless bender

Ayy i i got myself a Randall RD 45 and now im trying to figure out a way to use it with headphones. Is there something that wont fuck up the sound and convert to headphones?

same

kung-fu grip here

my girly hand friends don't like it when I play their guitars "too hard"

Does the tele get ganged up on?

be advised that its the shittiest made in korea floyd and that if you ever use it you will need to upgrade to the standard $300 schaller anyway.

That's a tube power amp, you absolutely must have a speaker connected to the amp when it's switched on. And no, you can't plug your headphones into the speaker output.

Hi,

kys.

It's got support from another Tele

This.
Its a nice guitar but an awfull shitty floyd rose.
Just be sure you know what you get

>idiot noobs like this one have tube amps
>you dont

>And no, you can't plug your headphones into the speaker output.
Why
Ignornig the possible damage to the headphones

on a gibson? shit

Personally I'd still recommend against adding a contour. It seems to me that with every bit you shave you're decreasing the amount of stress the guitar can take by a little bit. It'll be impossible to tell where the line between over-engineered strength and flimsy is. The main concern I would have would be sealing the wood afterwards. This kinda makes it a big project for a small result.

Anyways, you van always sell and buy a new guitar. You can get a neck through as low as $300 if you look.

The two solos on this are great
Great performance

youtu.be/efGJ6V16cZk

That's cool, I was worried for a second there

clapton is such a hack

hang yourself, my friend

Headphones aren't 8 or 16 ohm impedance, they're much higher than that.

Tube amps need to have a speaker load (resistance, impedance) that matches what the output transformer expects to see. If you have a mismatch then you will damage first the output tubes then the output transformer.

I know. But im asking if there is still a way to get headphones working with one. I red somewhere that a adapter fucks up the sound so im not sure idk.

>clapton

fuck Eric Clapton and everything he ever says or does

>on a gibson? shit

Yes. I have that guitar, its great and picked it for the atyle of the floyd and dont actually use it tho.

Yes there is a way. It's possible with a dummy load. Anyways, you can look up the details elsewhere, I don't remember anything.

Im getting one of these motherfuckers and adding hotrails

>Why
>Ignornig the possible damage to the headphones

Possibly fucking the head beyond recovery. If you are in europe just get a Harley benton 2x12 for 100€ used.
If america, i dont know

do the many brands lespauls usually go the same deep, like as long as the fretboard go?
If so, seems it wouldnt really weaken the guitar
Im not planning on contouring as much as that pic though, mostly just make it rounder and get rid of the bevels

I was just about to say that, something like a Palmer speaker simulator with a line out into a headphone amp. It's a huge expense though, easier to buy another amp that has a headphone output.

Fucking no. youtu.be/yGJSKFZWM8M

stop posting shit quality photo

Nah, you can /diy/ it too. There's a guide out there somewhere.

>up and down the blues scale we go, one more fucking time

>take a strat
>turn it into an ugly mess
>ruin the headstock

Neck dive?

What you'd rather listen to? Up and down sweepd arpegios?

you dont know anything about ugly.

Should I get a pawn shop 51?

Someone who can write songs that aren't all about woah-oh baby you done me wrong.

I don't actualkly like guitar solos these days, most of the time it's just the guitarist's ego trip, adds nothing to the song.

tl;dr - songs, not solos

do you even.
im always on an ego trip even when its about songs dude

but seriously these guitarists used to play lead for the song dude

micro terror + cheapass harley benton 2x12 cab? y/n?

save up and get a used Tiny Terror, the micro sounds like shit with the volume cranked

ok then, thanks. I'd like a tube amp already, thinking of going this route.

thats cool because its unique. its incredibly ugly but much better than something off a production line.

Alien Mars sounds nice when cranked, more compressed also

The surf green one is a full scale length travel guitar.

and its just 600 us$
its has 2 or 3 12ax7 on the pre and 1 power tube you can chose putting a el34 or 6l6 on it

John Mayall used to carve up Strats and Mustangs like that

yes and yes.
if you are on the cheap the original speaker is enough tho.
Speaker cable is included.

If you use effect go micro dark, if you dont, the micro terror is absolutely crazy for the price.

epiphone is cool, but the only way to really know if an instrument is good or not is to play it, so no one here can honestly tell you the truth

why'd you go for the micro dark instead of the regular terror?

btw, that lil stack looks comfy as fuck.

Le "i never used a micro dark" meme xdddd

youtu.be/_0RWKMSZzn4

Not him but Micro dark as an effect loop.

Thats literraly it.
I have both and use both for different things.
They complete each other more than compete.

>the micro sounds like shit with the volume cranked

Doesn't even makes sense since the poweramp is SS.
Looks like you just have a shit guitar.
There literraly no EQ settings that sound bad.

Joe Bonamassa and Eric Johnson sound sooooooooo fuuuuucking generic to me
All their 12bar solos sound like they follow the same intensity/phrasing pattern

>Doesn't even makes sense since the poweramp is SS.
thats why it makes sense

They sound similar because they both are fond of playing through the pentatonic scale in groups of 5 and occasionally adding the 9th scale degree for flavor.

That speaker cab is garbage, don't lie to him. You need at least a 1x12.

When will guitarists learn that their sub 12" speaker practice amps sound horrible?

I can't believe anyone still plays blues these days. It's the 21st century, we've eradicated smallpox and walked on the Moon and people still want to trot out that tired old shit? Beyond my comprehension.

>"If you are on the cheap"

Of course for 70€ it doesnt sound like a 350€ ppc112 or 780€ ppc 212.
Its sounds good for 70€ tho.

Also, if you need to buy a 400€ + cab, just dont buy a 150€ amp.

This. Just get the PPC112 and avoid the buyers remorse.

1x12 sounds boxy as fuck.

go 2x12 if you buy a real Cab.

With a traning, mini cab like this you get what you pay for.
Dont be silly looking for muh tone on a ~80€ Cab, its about being small and cheap

Enlighten us as to a more relevant choice of music then

>Buying a chinese ppc112 with no low end

wew lad.

you were saying?

who /solidstate/ here?

Just got a pathfinder 15r today.

What are some of your fav solidstates?

Anything that involves some creativity, imagination, songwriting ability, more than three chords, a chord progression that isn't completely predictable after hearing the first bar, that kind of thing.

forgot pic

I love the real spring reverb on the amp

For years I played through a tube preamp with a Marshall 200 Watt a side stereo solid state power amp. Then I got the EL34 power amp and now the solid state one's gathering dust in the closet. I'd ebay it but it would be too much of a pain in the dick to ship anywhere.

You've never heard a blues more complex than your standard 12 bar fair with no interesting substitutions or implied harmony, I presume.

I'm a complete beginner and I made the mistake of buying a shitty guitar and a shittier amplifier. Should I invest in a les paul standard ebony or should i get started with my shitty guitar?