I'm getting my first shotgun soon, and trying to decide on what to get...

I'm getting my first shotgun soon, and trying to decide on what to get, I'm looking at the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500, and between these two, which is the better pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3m-WNk44hI
youtube.com/watch?v=xXkyEbrqNGw
youtube.com/watch?v=HuxCLivZ-Vk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're pretty much equal in quality, despite what the remington fanboys will tell you. Mossberg is a bit cheaper but Remington is reputedly higher quality.

Mossbergs a long time ago were a bit questionable in quality, but they've straightened that shit out since the 90s.... but they still have a "less than stellar" reputation for it.

But I've owned 2 870s in my life and my friends all have mossbergs and I'll tell you, for practical purposes they're about equal.

But it sort of comes down to would you rather buy name brand jeans and look a bit cooler or are you okay with store brand? Both operate and look about the same but one is slightly classier.

That's a fair comparison. I'm also taking a look at an Adler A110, simply because they're now legal where I live. It's not much more expensive, and they're evidently decent quality shotguns.

>between these two, which is the better pick?
====> /k/
I wouldn't k Sup Forums - it's full of nogunz and CoD fantasists who'll say you need a Spaz

I imagine this is a question /k/ is sick of hearing, to be frank.

You could be right. "Let's ask a bunch of retards instead" doesn't seem a good alternative, though

Ehh, why not? I'm not doing too much this morning.

Fine, as long as you're prepared to filter the answers.

Adding my $0.02, Jerry Miculek used a modified Mossberg 500, I believe. Being a Bong, I don't own a pump and I didn't like all the clatter of the action when I owned a Beretta semi-auto, so I stick to break-actions theses days, both S/S and O/U

Thanks, my man.

I have both, and they are both great. I prefer the 870 for its tear down when it comes time to clean it, but the 500 trigger feels a little better when shooting, so it's hard to say definitively that one is better than the other.

Mossberg has a better safety and pump release button in my opinion. Also it doesn't have that little flap at the bottom which can pinch your finger while reloading. Just drop it in and you're all good. But honestly they're both great guns and there's no wrong choice.

None, a gun doesen't make you a man, just a pussy unable to defend by himself.

i have a 3" 870 and i also have a mossberg 535 (3.5" version of a 500), the best thing for you to do is to go to a gun shop and ask to handle both which ever one feels better when you shoulder it is the one to get. i will say i prefer the feel of the 870 and the mossberg feels lighter and the foregrip rattles more.
id be aware of remington quality control though, the only reason i have the mossberg 535 is because i bought a 3.5" 870 and it wouldnt eject the the empty shells, youd have to hold it by the pump and and beatb the stock off the ground 3 or 4 times to get it to eject, it did this right out the box brand new so i returned it havnt bought i remington since. i do wish it would have worked because i did prefer it over the mossberg.

If you're planning to modify it at all, go with the 870. better aftermarket support. if you plan to leave it, go with the mossberg.

Good answers, I'll consider both. As it's my first shotgun, though, I do think I'll end up modding it.

Because you can't modify a Mossberg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3m-WNk44hI
or
youtube.com/watch?v=xXkyEbrqNGw
for a fully pimped Mossberg 930

Comparison on the two I found
youtube.com/watch?v=HuxCLivZ-Vk

I'll have to check out that comparison, thanks.

This was my first shotgun and I loved this thing.

To be honest, I don't know the legalities about owning one like that where I live.

Why the fuck would you want a box mag on a shotgun?

If you're OP, remember that filter

Never liked a mag on a shotgun. I like the idea of being able to feed it on the go and mine is always hungry

Sorry, what was I thinking?
>muh "black rifle" look-alike

Honestly they are both the same gun, just get whatever you like the look of more or whatever is cheaper at the time

What's the cheaper one?

make sure to tell your friends not to come to school before you do your thing ;)

Remington; Mossberg is nigger-tier.

And here come the nogunz retards, so it's time for me to leave

Good luck OP, and if the gun is second-hand then condition probably beats all.

Mossberg $200, Remington $400 but you're just paying for the name

That's a fair point. I just like the vepr-12 so I got one.

I dont have a single complaint against a mossberg. Mine has been rock solid for years. Recently put a 20inch c-lect choke on it and could not be happier.

thats better