This guy is the only punk musician left on this earth. does what he wants while not giving a fuck

this guy is the only punk musician left on this earth. does what he wants while not giving a fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/father-john-misty-hemma-hos-strage/id1147279887?i=1000382995145&mt=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is he really a priest? Does he make music about the good lord?

intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

>does what he wants while not giving a fuck.

that's what he wants you to think. he cares deeply what other people think of him which is why he acts that way

Indeed

>haha America SUCKS amirite fellas?

Oh yeah, he's the only guy doing that.

hes right tbqh

based

Punk is dead

Its music dumb ass. It was never alive

/cringe/ general?

Music makes me feel alive

music makes me want to be dead

Based Orson Welles got it right. Replace Woody Allen with FJM and film with music and you'll get it.

O.W.: I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man.

H.J.: I’ve never understood why. Have you met him?

O.W.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.

H.J.: He’s not arrogant; he’s shy.

O.W.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

The man lost his over damn mind over Sup Forums posts. All of his arguments boil down to "how can you guys have these different political views then me?". There are people on the right besides fascists and neocons. People aren't just against neo-libs and leftists because they're the establishment. The fact that his focus is on the fucking alt-right just proves how up his own ass he is. This small, barely existent, if actually existent at all, aren't why Trump won the presidency and the Republicans took the Senate and house.

The shit he pulled in Camden was the tipping point for me realizing that, even if FJM is an exaggeration of Josh Tillman, he's still everything FJM gets criticized for.
>I always thought that it was going to look way more sophisticated than this when evil happened. When the collective consciousness was so numb and so fucking sated and so gorged on entertainment. ... How entertaining should this be right now with a fucking battleship in the background and this shit on TV, how fucking fun should this be?
He doesn't get the shield of hiding behind playing a character, because there was never a character. A wink and a nod that your song is filled with garbage lyrics sung over a boring melody doesn't excuse it.

eh i think he means well. and was one of the few liberal musicians who tried to make sense of Sup Forums
i'll give him that.

I really don't care how he feels about pol. It's a political discussion board an a chinese cartoon website. Did it have some impact on the election? Probably. But he's so focussed on the kids with their Pepes that he never looks in the mirror. He's so arrogant and condescending that I honestly have no idea why people think it's a character at this point. I hope he at least means well
Also
Wew I should have proof read this

in an interview he said father john misty himself isn't a character. just during his albums he plays exaggerated versions of himself to help make a concept for them.

He's a disappointment in every sense of the word. As soon as he tried to branch out and make political songs he fell flat on his ass.

>HEY GUYS WE USE TOO MUCH TECNAWLAGY NOWADAYS ITS LIKE WERE GONNA LOSE OUR LIKE REAL LIFE IN THE OCCULUS RIFT RIGHT ANYONE ELSE HATES TECNAWLAGY
>AND WAT ABOUT RELIGION HUH BOY ITS DUMB!!!!

He comes across quite childish. The title of "punk musician" belongs to people who actually had an impact in the world with the songs they wrote, like Morrissey, who got his house searched by the police after singing Margaret On The Guillotine.

Do you happen to have a link to the interview? Everything I've read has said that FJM is a character and every time criticism of him gets brought up, there's mentions of him being a character/exaggeration.

itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/father-john-misty-hemma-hos-strage/id1147279887?i=1000382995145&mt=2

punk actually has a thriving scene right now. I saw a concert with bands like the New England Patriots and Guerilla Toss last year

this is fucking hilarious though not like some nu male just yelling racist or something

sorry for asking you to spoon feed me, but do you know when he discusses that?

first 10mins

is it possible to love a punk song while hating the politics?

I cringe when The Clash(or rather just Joe) mention the Falklands on This is England

>fetishize the spanish civil war and fighting fascism

>Britain saves 3000 of its citizens from being thrown out of helicopters by a literal fascist dictatorship and safeguards their self-determination
>be against it purely because thatcher did it

Thanks amigo

how the fuck am i supposed to even read this shit

Damn that made me dislike him more. But as long as he doesn't kill himself

You're right. FJM is an insufferable, arrogant douche who is looked up to by nu-males because they think if they dress & act like him they might get laid

It's pretentious bullshit, disregard it

basically Sup Forums shouldn't vote 4 trump because a bunch of elitist liberals shitted on them.

I swear if he makes that shitty Closer by NIN joke again I'll Lennon him.

I agreed with you up until
>like Morrissey
KEK

>58:40
>I hate ironic things
oh the ironing

is he /ourguy/?

/mupol/ on suicide watch

He will never be /ourguy/ but I bet he wishes

LMAOOOOOO I always knew he was a nu-male but this is too much

God I hate musicians talking/singing about politics. Shut the fuck up, you don't know anything beyond what the base normie voter thinks. Putting it in a song doesn't make your point more true or intelligent.

this but unironically and without the pretentiousness

all art is made political you fucking child

>all art is made political you fucking child
what was infinite jest about?

Morrissey did more to shake the world than Josh Tillman can EVER dream of, the facts are well documented.

>He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups
literally me

HES A FUCKING TRYHARD HOW DO YOU PEOPLE NOT SEE HES TRYING SO HARD TO LOOK LOU REEDY AND LIKE HE DOESNT CARE WHEN HES AN INSECURE NU MALE

Orson was a drunken fool, and this quote is classic textbook projection.

lmao he's so right too

Punk is dead

>Citizen Kane shown in every single film class at a university in America
>considered objectively the GOAT film
Yeah I'm sure he was just a drunken fool projecting lmao

Not projection if it's right. Which is the sad thing.

I'm sure your career in politics is very successful and your social reach is much further than Mr. Misty's.

Misry's tha man