Is it any good?

Is it any good?

Is it worth my time?

bump

its entertaining, nothing new or amazing tier
felicity jones is waifu doe

It sucks.

if you are not a hardcore swer wers nerd #only true to the original fag; then its a very good and very entertaining movie.
its well thought out and fits like a jigsaw puzzle into the staw wars universe. i loved it, loved the new charecters and the cgi. awesome adition to the series. dont let the overly negative nerds deter you

oldfag starwars snob here.

Yes it's good. Top three for me. It's very much in the style of Episodes 4 and 5 while still being fairly original. If you're not a big SW geek, it might be worth re-watching Episode 4 before you go, because story/plot-wise, Rogue One is closely related to it. But it's still a good movie even if you know very little about the story.

fuck you with that filename

One of the best in the franchise

it's basically star wars fanart and pretty boring if you aren't a sperglord

The BEST

If you like movies with all action an no likable characters you will love this one. Vader's 2 scenes are worth seeing at least once though.

its ok

>any Star wars
>good
Get some good taste in movies. Don't fall in line with the sheep.

I liked it, but it really suffers from a lack of stakes. You know how it ends, so you never really feel invested. The Vader scenes are cool, but ultimately add nothing to the story.

Saw it last night. Girlfriend woke me up twice.

I find it a bit too standalone, but it's not a bad movie, the fact you already know the result of the movie isnt really a problem because they managed to make the characters interesting enough

Agreed

Pretty mediocre movie, actually. You don't feel yourself caring for the characters. It also has pacing issues; the script has no room to breathe or have slow moments, it's always just racing to the next plot point.

Its better than the shit that was VII but it was still shit.

Nu-SW is shit.

>because they managed to make the characters interesting enough

Which character did you like the most? The dark, mysterious one, the dark mysterious one or the dark, mysterious one? I liked the dark, mysterious one they killed of because the scene had to end and they had to do a star wars at the end.

trip dubs knows the truth

All action, no heart.

Having no Jedi and very little silliness or humor very bland. It's like if Michael Bay had made the new Star Trek movies. Lots of "random" saves at the last minute. Lots of "random" "just one more problem" last minute issues.

>It's like if Michael Bay had made the new Star Trek movies

this

It's alright, nothing special. If you like to watch Star Wars without lightsabers you'll be okay. The characters are horrible though.

I didn't even find any of them dark or mysterious. The droid was pretty funny, but the rest lacked any personality. They tell you how dark and mysterious they are, but never actually do anything to show it.

Depends on how big of a Star Wars fan are you. If you're deep, and I mean DEEP into the lore of Star Wars this will be for you. It was okay for me

i thought it was good. the only thing i thought was the storm troopers felt kind of like roboty. it had princess Leia for like a minute.

Good movie, but you will never give any of the characters a second thought after it's over. The only memorable character was the droid. And that's only because Allen Tudyk.

Im glad im not crazy. People are saying its the best in the series but i couldnt tell you about one character in this movie. Very boring. Very bland. Ultra forgettable. No good dialogue. The vader scenes ruled. But other than that. Its a very mediocore event. And i only say its half okay because it looks very good. The human CGi is very well done. And the cinematography is good. But ultimately. Bland

It's boring
Waste of Donnie Yen
At least everyone dies at the end

I enjoyed American Movie more than that dogshit

If the characters made any sort of impression on the viewer, it would make absolutely no sense considering they were never mentioned by name in any other movie ever.
I actually liked that I didn't really have a connection to the characters because of this reason.

okay, fair point - it's a strange combination of no characters and nothing happening

This right here. Nailed it user.

The Carrie Fisher cg was distractingly bad.

Okay yeah. The old admiral was really good. I guess because its easier to look real with age marks and wrinkles than a 18 year olds youth. Carrie looked kinda of... plastic? Silicon? Uncanny valley for sure.

meh
basically saving private ryan in space
the last 10 mins was worth watching the shit story

It was pretty good. The main character dies along with the 2 Asian guys everyone likes. There was about 5 minutes of Darth Vader and they got the death star plans to princess Leia in the end. There you go. :)

that was a cgi carrie fisher I think, same with tarkin

I felt that the crew that gets put together in the film is a little too 'token' racially diverse for me. I'd wish it wasn't so important for people what colour of skin actors has. Because it shines through so clearly when when they cherry pick based on colour. Luckily there wasn't any bad acts, just a little cheese here and there. Which is part of Star Wars.

It didn't stop me from enjoying the film. I have never really considered myself a big star wars fan. But this movie was great, it's probably not gonna be anybody's favorite star wars film. But they will say it was worth their time.

I like that they made a 1 off film. Lately if you want to watch a big franchise you have to commit yourself over 3 films which come out every 1 year, and there is a agent spin off series between that leads up to... Not this time, all the entertainment gets paid out up front and no having to come back with questions.

Yeah. Thats what were talking about.

They probably put more effort into Tarkin because he had a lot more screen time. Leia was basically a cameo.

It took my wife who knows nothing of star wars a significant amount of time to realize he wasn't "real"

This

this. enjoy

Cringe

yes very much, this guy is spot on

fuck you for baiting me to look

its starwars... ofc it isn`t

>my homescreen since watching Rogue One

This. The final scene is worth the price of admission alone.

Hell yeah. Darth vader fucking shit up solo movie please