Why does Sup Forums hate him?

He's knowledgable and passionate, and seems a nice guy too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4e2hBQ-qUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I realy like Philip Geubels, he"s got my sense of humor too...

>dat jawline
Ugh more like Chadtano

we're ironic, he's literally /ourguy/

hey everyone

You sure about that?

because he's literally a cuck

yeah, since I mean mu, and not wannabe nazi kiddos

Crab bucketing. Fantano started out as any other average Sup Forumstant and became a well-known brand through sheer persistence.

Sup Forums can't stand that he's not much more technically knowledgeable than the average RYM user, yet has amassed a large internet following.

:)

Autism

Found the newfag

I like him. But I made the mistake of following him on Twitter, his ego seems to be spiraling out of control.

Also a bit too smug sometimes. I also wanted him to properly review Heartworms, so I'm butthurt over that as well.

i don't think people fully realize how half-assed some of his reviews are, there are some where's it's abundantly clear he listened one time

I've only seen his Trout Mask Replica review, but he was anything but knowledgeable. Even a quick browse of the Wiki page would have given him enough info to keep himself from looking like a dolt.

For example, he had no idea that Zappa was responsible for the album's release and given all the production credits when complaining about the album's sound, then went on to name drop Zappa later in the interview as somebody who he would rather listen to.

His opinion of the album was legitimate (he didn't like it, but he respects it) but he obviously didn't do his homework, and clearly only reviewed it because of its reputation and not because he had anything meaningful to say about it.

I'm amazed by the number of albums he's reviewed recently where the first 5 tracks are his 'favorite tracks'. It could just be coincidence but it's a little odd

Personally I think he's a cool and funny guy who shouldn't be as popular as he is (he's only popular because of Sup Forums anyways)

anthony's changed, user. he's lost what merit he once had. that's why he's a meme now

his demeanor is everything i hate about internet nerd culture. the way he exaggerates his persona and overall the pompous way he reviews records.

can't stand listening to him and i dislike that he is a tastemaker. but it is what it is.

He focuses too much on lyrics in his reviews.

Also he hates reverb.

He's obnoxious as all hell. He's like a music version of shitty lets players like Markiplier

bump

False
False
False

so much salt in the thread, like damn, didn't know you guys were such cucks

If reviewing music is so easy and melon is so shit, why don't people from here just review music?

i mean you need a certain personality, drive and charisma to be succesful at it. he has it. doesn't mean i can't dislike the dweeb.

he would honestly fucking hate this piece of shit album im sharing here
youtube.com/watch?v=w4e2hBQ-qUE

His critiques are inconsistent, his persona is annoying, he isnt very knowledgable about the albums he reviews ie classic week stuff. On top of that he tries really hard to be a meme and it comes off as a near 40 year old trying to fit in with kids, pretty embarrasing desu

>near 40
Try again pal I'm in the best shape of my life

>passionate
about what? stroking his own ego?

Seems like a cuck, I don't like his face. He does good reviews sometimes though.

How are you still fat if all you eat are fruits and veggies tony?

Because I work for a living.

>still fat
Haha! Look kiddo, I get you're intimidated by my power-lifter physique but I don't bite. Give me a chance, I'm actually a nice guy once you get to know me

I agree with all your points except I still enjoy his reviews. Even if he gives something a terrible review I still check it out and end up enjoying it. Plus he makes me notice things about albums I know really well that I just didn't notice before.

But yea, he's fucking shit.

Yeah i can still enjoy them from time to time or he'll review something i havent heard so i check it out. But i would never dismiss a record because of his critiques since he pretty much just shoots them off at random to fill time

Newfag spotted. It's not 2011 anymore

>He's knowledgable
He has the knowledge span of a 15 year old with access to RYM and lastfm. Basic as sin

Reminder that Fantano actively browses Sup Forums and has indeed said the word nigger countless times

He's ok but his fanbase is pure cancer

back to your containment board

I love him but he's sucking the hip hop crowds dick a bit too much since mid 2016

I like him. Once I stopped coming here for a while I started to appreciate his content more. He geniunely seems like a cool guy. His second channel is garbage though.

>it is what it is
i usually dont mind this expression but your use of it is weird
yes, it is what it is, but you dislike it... for valid reason too

He's a cool enough guy. Agree with him on some things disagree on others. Much better than Scaruffi.

I am curious though, I'm relatively new (since late 2014 or so) - Did he review Sup Forumscore albums before or after they became Sup Forumscore? Ie Did he review them because he knew they were Sup Forums classics, or was Sup Forums following him so intently that they adopted some of his favorites?

I know this is obviously not true for ITAOTS but still there's a lot of others that line up.

They are just jealous, of our devotion to melon.

I really only watch for cal

he's never done a good review in his life.

>and seems a nice guy too.
He posts on Sup Forums, he's probably an insufferable asshole

fantano is all fun and games until he gives your favorite album a strong 6

The poor guy seemed to have accepted baldness at a young age and begun branding as a bald guy, tb h he pulled off the bald look just fine but now he has relapsed back into grief growing out a not-full head of hair, recording in dark rooms and rebranding and sharing cartoons/caricatures of himself with a full head of hair.

baldthony sadmantano

Sup Forums doesn't hate him. He's the mouthpiece of Sup Forums. They wait for an opinion ona song or album before they slam it.

Most recent proof: Luke warm receival of #1 Agenl even though it was fucking great.

I'm too busy making music

it's not easy. what's easy is pandering to tumblr. no one wants to do that

Why the fuck does it matter if someone is new? Go back to Sup Forums

>The poor guy seemed to have accepted baldness at a young age
what? he had nice hair a year ago, what are you on about

Looks like a numale cuckboi.

he's swole af and has black girlfriend

I by nice hair you mean a receding hair line and hair so thin the follicles are farther apart than it is long.

the fuck are you even talking about?
he clearly shaves his head for different reasons.

Hi Anthony. I was there too, try Propecia.

I love him tbqph

He doesn't have typical recession, if he tilts forwards he has patches of baldness behind the hairline, you can see it in this (cherrypicked) screencap. Some men thin from crown forwards and retain a good hairline with literally nothing behind it.

>he clearly shaves his head for different reasons
This is such an odd statement, please point out a few.

Because he is not any more knowledgeable or nice than any other Sup Forumstant.

was zomby right about the internet's busiest music nerd?

>This is such an odd statement, please point out a few.
he's a hardcore fan?

That does not mean he's not a cuck and/or nu-male

I find it amazing that Sup Forums actually believes his popularity was gained in a grassroots manner. You're all pathetic.

>he's not bald, he shaves his head because he's a hardcore fan
Maybe he's a neonazi and it's a stylistic choice

s-still not balding!

Are all english musicians today self-consumed fucking idiots?

t. numale

This is exactly it. There's so many wannabe music bloggers and reviewers here (just look at a /daily/ thread ffs) but he actually became successful at doing so

dumb frogposter

>>>/reddit/

He is one of the most eloquent and knowledgeable music reviewers on youtube - other than deepcuts. Thanks to him, I have discovered awesome music. People just like to hate on him because you will never know if likes an album or not. Sometimes he will shit on albums that get high reviews from other music. For example, he didn't think Salad days or MBDTF were special. Albums that pitchfork or numerous other music sites loved.

I think reddit loves frogposting

>>>noose

he's just a retard if he doesn't think MBDTF was special

>this triggered over a frogpost

kek Soundcloud "noise" is not music you sperg

It isn't special though.
Late registration and college dropout are better. Kanye ruined MBDTF album with so many shitty features.

(You)

He's not a neonazi you melon. His gfbf is of the ebony persuasion

He sort of tore into that shit Modest Mouse record so he's Allright in my book

Something must have happened in 2014 because fantano kinda changed. The old comfy era transitioned into the meme era. Thisistheplan was funny at the start but horrible now.

This. So much this.
>have some gold stranger!

I make hip hop you fucking retard

>hip hop

I'm so sorry

He looks like a chicano.

newfags get off my fucking board

I have a job that doesn't involve begging strangers for money, feels pretty good

>10 minutes videos
>from someone who knows jack shit about music theory and/or history
literally why

I was here before Sup Forums got blacked, and like I have a stable job and no insecurities.

was he the first to call him a melon?

>sensitive baby cries over bad review
>based
so whats it like being a fucking miserable cuckold you stupid piece of shit

He had a weird edgy phase last year but he's mellowed out, he's our guy. Also his meme channel is cringey but eh.

>I was here before Sup Forums got blacked
jurassicfags get off my fucking board

yes

>Literally going out of his way to get Peste Noire's lyrics translated to English so he can criticize them. Fucking Fagthony Fagtano. Why does he even care.