How do you guys pronounce GIF?

How do you guys pronounce GIF?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-22620473
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No idea, but two community college computer classes say "jiff." Took points of our exams for every time we pronounced it wrong when we asked a question. Friend o' mine lost 15 on his final exam 'cause he loved pissin' the teacher off.

"geef"

Hard G, the G stands for graphic

Who the fuck want some to watch peanut butter.

>GUH-IF

the right way

Hard G.

LIKE AN ADULT

KEK
Check my quads boi

What the fuck why am I getting dubs.

Faggot

I don't pronounce it at all because I don't talk about nerd shit in real life

Like GIFT without the T..

Like "guff" but with a New Zealand accent.

UGH! as in "Ugh, this again?"

It's pronounced Milo thread

Jiff
the proper way
the way the inventors wanted to pronounce it.

Like "jiff", respecting the way the inventor of the file format pronounces it.

bbc.com/news/technology-22620473

jayf

gurf

lif

That's an illogical appeal to authority. The person who names something does not get to override English and decide how people will pronounce the acronym. If the founder of International Business Machines (IBM) declared that he intended for the acronym to be pronounced "Jibum" rather than I-B-M, that would be irrelevant. G.I.F is an acronym. The founder named it Graphical Interchange Format. His authority ends there. How we pronounce the acronym is determined by the rules of the English language.

.bif

queef

gif

GIF means Graphic Interchange Format.
Graphic, with a hard G.
Not like Giraffe.
Get it? End of discussion, like forever.

Fuck off with your idiotic bullshit. People like me were pronouncing it the proper way, JIF, likely since before you were born. So a generation of ignorant fucktards mispronounce a word, it DOES NOT redefine the word. Idiot.

.tif

The fact that you have to ask people whether they pronounce GIF as "GIF or JIF" should make it clear which is correct. GIF is pronounced GIF. JIF is pronounced JIF. Some faggot declaring that he wants you to pronounce GIF like JIF doesn't make it correct, it just makes you his mindless bitch.

oh god.. damn you.

this

thiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss

Always been a hard G, my niggas.

You're the mindless bitch who has been told the proper pronounciation and says NAH NOT ME. Fuck you!

GIF with a G
>gif

I pronounce G-I-F

>does not get to override English
the fuck are you talking about?
its a made up word. it can be spelled however you want...the creator of the word decided to pronounce it as JIFF.
you can pronounce it however you want.
i prefer to pronounce it the way the person who invented the word.
JIFF

I pernounce things how I want to I don't care

the G is silent

This

Here's your (you)

Nice bate mate but nobody gonna skate

my name is jeff

The first letter of Giraffe stands for Graphic

Laser means "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation" and we pronounce the a not as the "æ" in the amplification but as "eɪ" like in gay - which brings me to the point I was trying to make:
You're a fucking faggot.

fuck that make america great again
moving pictures of computer

girrafics

with a G for Graphics...

or this graphic animation

That's what happens when you're dumb but actually think you're smart.

That's what your life is gonna be buddy, failure because you aren't nearly as smart as you think you are.

Read the rest of what he wrote dipshit, it's an acronym, acronyms have no unique pronunciation.

Niggers.

Yif, the j is hispanic.

Nice appeal to age but you misjudged mine by a couple of decades.

A generation of fucktards mispronouncing Graphic as Giraffic does not make it right. No person has authority here. It's not a hard G because ANYONE says so. It's a hard G because the dictionary says graphics is pronounced with a hard G. The end. Now I don't care if you want to pronounce it JIF, but fuck off telling me I'm pronouncing it wrong.

'Jif', creator said it was pronounced that way faggots

I pronounce it JIFF
you pronounce it GIFF
>no unique pronunciation.
>That's what happens when you're dumb but actually think you're smart.
>no unique pronunciation.
lolwut.jpg

It should be spelled out since it's an acronym.

Since when do acronyms get pronounced as real words? Hey guys, STFU. SHHHT-FUH. I want you guys to SHHHTTTT-FUHHHH.

the fact that you typed all that made me laugh

>>You're the mindless bitch who has been told the proper pronounciation

I was told by the dictionary. You should read it. It also tells you how to spell pronunciation.

Giraphic, actually

STFU is pronounced "stewfu"

how do you say
CIA
FBI
NASA
it depends on the creator of the word.
welcome to the 3rd grade.

It seems we have a kid who says it wrong and can't believe he's been a sheep all his life. You can change you know, you're young enough for that

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Kek

Are you from the west or east side of town?

only on Sup Forums people would argue how to say gif you guys, stay classy the chan.

I don't know, never had to actually say the word "gif." But when I read it, that voice inside my head pronounces it like "jiff" with a 'j' sound- you know, that voice inside 'my' head. Yeah, I know, that voice inside 'your' head. No, it's the voice in MY head, not your head. No, it's that fucking voice in YOUR head, not mine you asshole!

Please, make the voice inside my head stop.

The guy who made GIFs said it's "jif." I think that's fucking retarded. The G should be pronounced how a G is normally pronounced.

Hard G as in;
>"Gee"
Or more so
>"Guh"/"Juh" sound?
Legit curious.

I pronounce it as gif.
Gilf without the L.

.sif

jeff I used to fuck up this meth head whispering hey bro but in a slowly voice when he was going down stairs or at night.
he was a nice guy do havent seen him in years
would be talking like normal talk when he turned his back I would whisper hey bro but in a slowly weird voice probably I turned him insane he would ask me did you say something ? I would be what are you talking about then he be like I think im going insane.

I'm going to name my kid GIF and declare that it's pronounced "Brian". I created my son, I get to decide how his name is pronounced!

This is basically transgenderism in a nutshell.

op.faggot

Yo, shit face, i literally just asked how Sup Forums pronounces the word.

lol you're a bad friend

also turned this girl insane would tell her I was in like big business because her brother was a fed she was a meth head too, would say this is some codes we use in the family she got into an insane asylum last I heard of her.
would buy envelopes and drop them use to tell her it was for protection money.
good memories

I think you win the thread user.

Sitting with OP in the same room and laughing our ass off, thanks guys XD

Say gift
Now say it without the t

jajaja

Shtfkup

Absolute kek

Readed in my language it is just as it should be.

Sort of like give but with an f

gheorff

so I guess those of us who worked on the first Graphical User Interfaces should be calling them 'jewy'? fuck-off with your age comment you faggot, it's a hard g. as in 'ger'-aphics.

webm

Like in, ur a faggot?

I pronounce it either
FAG or FAGOOOT!