Were you homeschooled or know anyone who was? Post some greentext stories about it/them

Were you homeschooled or know anyone who was? Post some greentext stories about it/them.

I've been thinking about it since an user mentioned it in another thread, but thought I should hear experiences before feeling jelly of not going to school without knowing more.

user said
>homeschooling is not bad at all if done right. My gf was homeschooled but she's still a completely normal and functional person. The problem is that most parents who try to homeschool their kids are fucking morons.

>kid in my neighborhood was homeschooled
>didn't have many friends due to being at home, pretty normal otherwise
Guess it depends on the parents.

made an /r9k/ thread because this thread won't last long on a fast board

The biggest problem with homeschooling is social interaction.

Most people i know that were home schooled are social retards.

If you do it make sure to put the kid in sports or martial arts classes. Something where they will learn how to interact with other people. because thats something you cant teach them.

My roommate was homeschooled until college. Great at computer science and seemingly easy to get along with but is bipolar and has ~10 binges of crazy behavior/libido. Also very impulsive and often plays the victim. Could be that I'm biased because he is my roommate/m8 but I think some of it is because he was socialized differently.

~10 day cycles of binges

>If you do it make sure to put the kid in sports or martial arts classes. Something where they will learn how to interact with other people. because thats something you cant teach them.
nice, way to socialize without just giving up on the idea.

couldn't that just be bipolar> bipolar girls play the victim a lot.

>My gf was homeschooled but she's still a completely normal and functional person.
but a "normal and functional" girl can be totally incapable of surviving as a man. so that doesn't prove in itself that homeschooling can work for boys.

i plan to homeschool any kids I have in the future. Public school is just an indoctrination center bruh. They even racially segregate now and punish kids for being white.

Homeschooled from 2nd to 8th
>Learned algebra when I was 10
>Played with arithmetic freely without being punished for it
>Learned how to write essays properly when I was 12
>Learned vector calculus when I was 14
Once high school started I was dominating everyone freshman year and fell off because of how boring the material was. It also didn't help that I was rejected from IB because I was a spic nigga

Sounds the perfect childhood.

>>Played with arithmetic freely without being punished for it
What do you mean played with it? And punished as in told off in class/given worse grades?

>It also didn't help that I was rejected from IB because I was a spic nigga
What?

The other problem is homeschooling is mostly reserved for families who have the economic means to allow one or both parents take significant time out of their day to educate the children, or hire a tutor to do it for them. It's a luxury for the bourgeois.

poor people homeschool too.

Fuck off commie, anyone can homeschool. My homeless ex girlfriend homeschooled her girls.

In first grade my teacher told me I was subtracting wrong. In hindsight I was. So in addition I would start at the bigger number and add the smaller number. In subtraction I started at the smaller number and thought everything resulted to zero. After about 2 problems I realized this wasn't possible so I did it the normal way. A few days later I saw my cousins homework and it was filled with negative numbers. So I started playing around with the idea of 0±x. We write 2 as 0+2. But we don't write it as +2. Just 2. So I wrote negative numbers and then realized there was no way to differ between the two. So I started writing 0-2 or 0-13. I did this on my quizzes and I failed. Teacher told me to never do this again. I obliged. One of the tests was filled with typos and had things like 20-50 and 12-21. So I did it the proper way. And ended up with the correct answers. Still got a 0 for the whole damn thing

IB is international baccalaureate. Supposedly it's better. It looked more rigorous that's for sure which is what I wanted. They had no reason to not accept me in there. Perfect test score for the entrance and perfect academic test scores for exams I had to take when I was supposed to be in 7th and 8th grade

>Fuck off commie
BTFO

>My homeless ex girlfriend homeschooled her girls.
How did that go? [spoiler]She wasn't just unable to send them to school because homeless?[/spoiler]

She lived with her mother and hadn't worked a day in her life. Ridiculously poor. It went fantastic her girls were smarter than shit. I thnk the older one was 7 or 8 at the time and was already well ahead most public school kids.
All you have to do is have them pass a few tests a year, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

>So I started playing around with the idea of 0±x. We write 2 as 0+2. But we don't write it as +2. Just 2. So I wrote negative numbers and then realized there was no way to differ between the two. So I started writing 0-2 or 0-13. I did this on my quizzes and I failed.
I don't get it. What's wrong with 0+2 and 0-2?

>One of the tests was filled with typos and had things like 20-50 and 12-21. So I did it the proper way. And ended up with the correct answers. Still got a 0 for the whole damn thing
What's wrong with 20-50 and 12-21? And if you did it the proper way and got the correct answer, why did you get 0?

>They had no reason to not accept me in there. Perfect test score for the entrance and perfect academic test scores for exams I had to take when I was supposed to be in 7th and 8th grade
Maybe because you didn't take the exams as part of a normal schooling? Or other applicants had other things as well equally good scores?

as an IB student it isnt all about test grades its also a lot to do with work ethic and maturity level my school didnt reject immature students and they rekt themselves

So not homeless, just NEET? You dated her while with was living with her mother and raising her kids from previous relationships?

yep, banged her in the play room on top of her kids' toys. Hi five!
But yeah homeschooling isn't hard.

Nothing. Just wrong notation. You don't write -2 as 0-2.

Teacher told me I was supposed to assume 50-20 and 21-12. The resulting number should've been positive.

Interesting. I don't know how they would measure that unless I got into the interview though. The lady just told me my test scores weren't good enough and said she'd put me in double honors instead
>Mfw she actually put me in regulars

rip did you have an entrance exam ours was just writing a short essay. honestly theres been like no difference between IB and AP so far except theres a lot more writing in IB like in paper terms and im in the senior year preparing for exams so if anyone wants to kill me thatd be great

>Teacher told me I was supposed to assume 50-20 and 21-12. The resulting number should've been positive.
Well that was a dick move
>write sum
>kid does it
>kid isn't a telepath who knows what you meant to write
>lol 0 grade lol

Bring on real education at home.

>The lady just told me my test scores weren't good enough and said she'd put me in double honors instead
>>Mfw she actually put me in regulars
What the fuck is it with telling outright lies to kids?

I was homeschooled. My older brother attended our lic until like 4th or 5tg grade, but our dad worked at nuclear plants as an engineer see so we moved around a lot. After a while, my folks just said fuck it and we were homeschooled. I only even was homeschooled so yea.

>717468399

I personally find this to be a very wrong stereotype. Now, even I know plenty of "those kind" of homeschoolers, the near Amish level shut ins. But most I've known were pretty normal, whatever normal means these days. I socially interacted as much as anyone else. Shit, since I could get a whole days schooling done by noon, in my later years, I'd always be the first at the mall, or even go to the schools and pick on my "normie" friends before they get out. Not to mention fuck bedtimes. While everyone else had to be in bed by around midnight to function the next day, my ass was up til 2, 3am almost every night. I also got a full time job almost 2 year before any of my friends, and by the time I was 18, had bought my own car, had my own place, and had nearly every Vidya syztem available at the time. I was a god among my peers back then. And I owe it all to my homeschooling, I guess?

Not to say normies can't achieve such goals either.

This. I often "helped" my friends out with their work, and they always seemed a year or two behind. I think my mom intentionally ordered harder material for us. Who knows.

I dropped out of public school to be homeschooled when I was fourteen. It was the worst mistake of my life. I was already a shy kid and isolating myself from the community turned me into a full-blown recluse.

We had 3 tests
>Math
>Reading comprehension
>Writing section/essay

Forgot to add that in my school IB was given Newtonian mechanics for physics. >Actually using calculus
In the words of my AP physics teacher
>This is the physics psych majors take in college

Also never got the chance to take AP Calc BC. That was reserved for IB students

>in my school IB was given Newtonian mechanics for physics.
What the fuck?

>Also never got the chance to take AP Calc BC. That was reserved for IB students
What's the point in that? It just further sets behind good students who didn't get into the IB.

why did your parents homeschool you?

ripped im in the chem route not physics so i dont know about the stuff the physics kids needed to cover but the maths are so tailored to the physics kids it makes me sick but thats stupid about the AP Calc stuff anyone at my school can take the AP test as long as they take the class and in order to get into the class there were just prereq classes you had to take. on the bright side everyone basically went into either physics or biology so my chem class is only 7 other people lmao

Most americans have the IQs of garden furniture and as much knowledge about the world as falls out of their bible or they glean from watching the low-grade daytime tv shown in the usa.
Allowing those jesus-freaks and similar creepy subhumans to teach their own kids is effectively child abuse.
Most wouldn't even realise that not using capital-letters, when describing their 3rd world nation, is an intentional lack of respect, rightly demonstrated using the written word... if they even read this far.
I wouldn't let most americans train a dog, let alone teach their own kid.

It was my idea because I hated school. I was too young and dumb to recognize how important the social aspect of school is.

To give you an idea
Regular students
>freshman year: forced to take algebra I unless you passed a test
>Sophomore year: take geometry
>Junior year: take algebra II
>Senior year: precalc
Honor students
>Freshman year: take algebra I or geometry
>Sophomore year: take geometry or algebra II
>Junior year: take algebra II or precalc
>Senior year: take precalc, calc, stats, or quit with math
Double honors (not 100% sure)
>Freshman year: take telescoped geometry with trig
>Sophomore year: algebra II
>Junior year: Precalc
>Senior year: calc, stats, or quit math
IB (not 100% sure)
>Freshman year: math studies
>Sophomore year: don't know
>Junior year: calc AB (I'm sure there's more options)
>Senior year: calc BC (I'm sure there's more options)

Who's talking about America?

>Allowing those jesus-freaks and similar creepy subhumans to teach their own kids is effectively child abuse.
Yeah send them to schools where they can be hit legally by teachers.

>capital-letters
You forgot the caps on TV and Third World, retard.

Why arrange it that way? Let alone leave it to the teachers' whims which kids go in which group?

can you get science credits for cooking crack and meth tho?

>poor people = crackheads
wrong!

well, not the white ones.

that's why i mentioned meth, too.

It wasn't teachers who put us in our groups before Freshman year. After you complete one year a teacher can promote you to honors or double honors.

Chem is just applied physics. But I can see where you're coming from. It can be a real pain when they don't generalize the idea for universal application

Whoever it was, and teachers had a role, it was just a way of letting their whims help or hinder kids.

I was homechooled. It is genuinely the cause of all my problems to this day. There was no school, I was locked in the house by myself with a laptop and an Xbox (which sounds great, but literally not talking to anyone for 18 years is a fucking problem). It's hard to explain how isolating it was, because people think I'm exaggerating. I'm so lonely, but I just can't form relationships with people. I'm 22 and I've never had any friends. I fuck girls from Tinder and bars sometimes because I'm tall and good looking, but even the girls I seem to have great chemistry with all quickly drift away for reasons I don't understand. The unhealthy instant gratification of going to the bar where everyone is trashed and really likes me, I can't even do anymore because I ended up getting DUI, because I'm obviously not riding with anyone else. I've never had an alcohol problem, but now I feel like any attempt to better my social situation is going to fuck me up again. It's crippling going to college, being surrounded by thousands of people my age, yet feeling entirely alone. It makes me more sad to form some semblance of rapport just to have them leave, so I'e stopped trying to talk to people. I've been so mad at my situation, I've turned socially hostile. A girl complimented my shoes when I was walking through campus, and I told her to fuck off. I couldn't help it; I can't deal with it anymore. I'll never be okay, and my run in with the law has forced me to accept that, or end up in jail like a fucking loser.

Hook up your Xbox and play your favorite classics user. Playing Wind Waker right now and I'm appreciating it more now.

I was close friends with a family of homeschooled kids

They were cool, smart as fuck, motivated, played a bunch of video games, but socially they weren't entirely there.

They're all in great spots in their lives at the moment, but they really only began to socially evolve around 10 years ago when they moved.

Moral of the story is if you do it right, great things can come out of it, but at the risk of social development, which really in the long run means nothing if you're going to grow up and be successful like they are.

>I fuck girls from Tinder and bars sometimes because I'm tall and good looking, but even the girls I seem to have great chemistry with all quickly drift away for reasons I don't understand.
You enjoy random hookups but can't connect with girls for reasons you don't understand. Must be home school!

>A girl complimented my shoes when I was walking through campus, and I told her to fuck off. I couldn't help it
Girls flirt with you and you tell them to fuck off; damn you home school!

>but socially they weren't entirely there.
What do you mean?

>Chem is just applied physics.
Physics is just applied mathematics.

Explain friction with mathematics

Met a home schooled kid at a technical center, although his social skills were lacking; while we were programming tic-tac-toe AI he was programming Yatzee, and Yatzee AI.

He was a cool dude imo, he was balding by age 18 or something though so idk what his parents were feeding him.

>Explain mitosis with physics

>My point exactly

>Was homeschooled, but still technically enrolled in high school
>At senior party, we had name tags with our yearbook picture on them
>My most recent yearbook photo was from when I was 11
Had to go around with that on my shirt