Why do people hate them so much?

why do people hate them so much?

i haven't actually checked this out but the singles seem pretty nice if a little cheesy, esp Somebody Else. idk it certainly seems better than most music in the charts and I don't really understand what makes deserving of the bile directed at it when people seem to like Grimes and CHVRCHES

Their singles are fun. That's it. Their albums are filled with
>singles
>filler song
>filler song
>singles

it's just such a let down.

I just looked it up and I didn't realise it was like 75 minutes long... that would grate even if it was consistent desu

the vitriol is over the fact that they're a tightly manicured hypercorporate band on the same level as One Direction

Not a fan?

of ubercommodified commercial-core? not particularly no.

me personally (i haven't listened to this album but i've heard enough of their music to know if i enjoy it or not)

>i dislike pastiche
>i dislike their manufactured rebelliousness
>bland and unexciting pop songwriting

then again, there is basically no corporate music aimed at western early-teenage girls that isn't inherently manipulative so it's not like they're exceptionally worthy of criticism compared to any of the other products in their bracket

The 1975, Alt-J, and Foals will eventually become cool to like after they stop being so relevant, like what happened to The Killers.

HEY NOW CALL IT A SPPOOLL CAUSE U NO THAT U WILL

OOHHH YOU BITE YOUR FRIENDS LIKE CHOCOLATE

>like what happened to The Killers

whew, so you're saying there's no chance of any of those bands actually becoming respectable to people who actually like music? thank goodness

if you're one of those cunts who sings along to mr brightside, genuinely kys.

The 1975 is, like, so great, I collect all their vinyls

fuck you buddy

They're like so obscure and experimental, far from being mainstream

Go listen to INXS their new album straight up copied them. Shamelessly. It's not like they just used them as an influence, but they ripped off riffs and grooves. Fuck them.

The first like 5 tracks are awesome and then it just dies and never picks momentum back up.

I know what you're referring to but it's not a direct copy and most the album doesn't even sound like INXS so who cares?

I remember watching them on SNL and liking them. I looked them up on YouTube and was just turned off by the blatant rip.

>name your band "the 1975"
>spend your time ripping off the 80s instead

genius

they make good music.

rock/pop/rap any of this is inherently manipulative whether it's corporate or not, as it puts message and persona above composition or sound at its purest, that's not really a good point of criticism either, arguably the opposite
but i don't see how you would think 1975 are "rebellious" or even pretend to be, i see them as embracing their position as a commercial pop band and deliberately non-threatening