ITT: Musicians who are romanticized because they died young

ITT: Musicians who are romanticized because they died young.

Fuck you OP

\

ian curtis was such a horrible vocalist btw. His singing voice was so listless and robotic. I would have commit suicide too if I made all the sacrifices to be an artist only to learn I lacked a soul entirely.

I think that was the point of his singing, his lifeless voice fits really well with unknown pleasures.

Besides, his main point was his lyrics. They're so bluntly fucked it's almost like every artist of the 2010s are trying to recreate what he tried writing but still fail miserably because they weren't as miserable as Ian Curtis was

Ian Curtis was gay my nigga like wtf just close yo eyes senpai

i would like to have sex with him

people who can't into joy division upset me every time
>hurrr durrr his singing is bad what's minimalism what's the point of post punk hurrr durrr you just like it cuz it sounds bad hurrr durrr
can you really not wrap your head around entry level "slightly challenging listen" core

Nick drake. Me sad sad me whisper whisper :(((
Fucking garbage

>"slightly challenging listen" core
mmm, more like "I didn't try at all" core

All who die young will be romanticized. It doesnt make their art worth any more/less though

>the point of his singing

"you dont get it, its supposed to be bad" meme

are you really giving me the "my 12 year old could paint rothko's multiforms!!! Whats all the hooplah about??? ART, amirite???" argument

>Me sad sad me whisper whisper
I love this meme, keep it up

jay reatard was so vain he survived just long enough to not be 27 club member. he was that GOAT.

>doesnt get rothko
omg, its hopeless

i even know who you are you talentless hack

Why do people get so mad at Joy Division and Ian Curtis?

I'm implying that YOU don't get rothko

I'm saying that people who say joy divison "didnt even try" and whine about ian curtis' voice are the same people who look at rothko and go "my 12 year old could paint that"

Wow, his death was really weird. Just found dead in his car for no reason.

Syd Barrett. He didn't die, but he may as well have, inspiring countless generations to wistfully commemorate his descent in to insanity and over rate his contributions to Pink Floyd. Face it, if he had stayed in the band, they would have just faded in to obscurity and he would have been long forgotten. Instead, they thrived in his absence, dragging him in to the limelight and giving him the fame he never deserved.

Jim Morrison.
The irony is that he wanted to be a poet and not a rock star, but he was a great rock star and a terrible poet.

yeah but a 12yo could not paint a rothko so your point makes no sense

Why don't Jason Molina or Mark Linkous have an aura surrounding them the way Elliot Smith and Nick Drake do?

this is an interesting point... usually celebrated musical artists actually (1) die or (2) slowly descend into getting less creative at music but in this one case he lost his musical abilities so rapidly that it was worth mourning.

and its bullshit bc he only wrote a 1.5 albums worth of material when you add it up.

I guess they didn't strike a chord with or became as popular with people as the others. Nick Drake has become the archetype for the sad singer/songwriter type (which is kind of unfortunate, but whatever). Elliott Smith was pretty popular in his time, and it really looked like he would break into the mainstream. I guess the others just haven't become as popular or maybe their style isn't as universal as the folk of Nick Drake or the pop/indie folk of Elliott Smith. They were all special artists though, and I hope none of them become forgotten.

You ask me
Didn't it Rain is as good if not better than any of both Nick Drake and Elliott Smiths albums

Eyedea a little bit, yeah. That doesn't make his art any less amazing. It's been 7 years this year so there's no sense, but he was probably a bit of a dick. The Atmosphere song, Puppets, was probably about him. A few years back I watched the Face Candy Wasteage Teenland DVD footage, and there's a whole bit where they're talking to the drummer and bassist, with Eyedea and Kristoff Krane off to the side talking shit about Brother Ali. I can't fucking imagine how awkward that must've been for Brother Ali when he watched that.

modern art is trash and rothko is trash and most albums Sup Forums likes are trash

It's true. If he had stayed the 'leader' of the band, they would have quickly run out of ideas and the childish songwriting would have collapsed them. When he left, Waters was forced to take on the mantle of main songwriter and Gilmour, a much more mature and polished songwriter and guitarist took his place, and they grew in to a more cohesive and viable team.

Cobain is easily the most over rated artist of the last 30 years
>muh inner pain

Amy Winehouse

>most over rated artist of the last 30 years
uh, cmon, disagreed. he wasn definitely overrated/ even himself aware not worthy of the fame adoration he recieved but at the end of the day he could play and he could write. he was a total shitlord and bad person but the songwriting and performance was great until the heroin overtook.... some of the songs on in utero were written when he was a teen and others were just pieced together randomly with no comment, its weird because I think the final album is their best yet he was running out of ideas. then again it was all so brief, like one half album half filler (bleach) , one try hard album (nevermind) and one attempt at sincerety album (in utero) and some bsides. not a lot.

She could really belt it out but was a disaster of a human being.

RAREPAUL
A
R
E
P
A
U
L

>in that pic it looks like hes choking an F chord!!
is there video of this performance I'd like to know!! does anyone have evidence? I've listen to his music a bunch I know his style is remarkable often he will use relatively standard/common chord voicings except he leaves out a note, or skipping the bass note or of the middle strings... this way he makes chord inversions with his picking hand not his fretting hand but this pic looks like he totally flubbed it on live tv.

He actually wrote 3.5 albums worth of material that are better than most PF releases.

J dilla has a worst fanbase, Nujabas is basically sampling piano music for weeabos and some people don't give a fuck about him.

I mean J Dilla isnt subtle with samples is str8 robbery, or just pitched up shit. Makes me mad how much love he gets even tho he wasnt that talented at producing.

I rest my case.

>who is tupac

Hi, Puff.

you need to get woke, famo

>bad person

How?

Is it that hard to accept that not everyone likes the same music?

it's from him performing miss misery on the oscars so yeah there's video evidence, never noticed any fuckup though i think he's just holding down both strings with his ring finger

based on what i've read about his death he must have done a monumental amount of coke to just drop dead from it

>mfw
you arent as smart as you think you are
absolutley not, I would torally be understanding if someone approached me with reasons about why they didnt like joy division and the reasons actually seemed well thought out and reasonable. But saying "joy division sucks because ian curtis isnt a good vocalist" is mouthbreather-tier critisism of the music and doesnt suggest any analysis that isnt completley superficial. And also joy division tend to be a magnet for that type of shallow criticism.

No joke everything this guy touched was pure fire.

meh decent poet for his time.

newjhabeez

Did Eyedea even release any real music or was he just a freestyle battle rapper?

man he has some awesome albums, definitely check them out

It would've taken you a second to google this, man. Jesus.

Uh he did die tho

Yeah at 61. From the beetus.

I don't know why but I've always hated everything about the beatles

I mean just look at that fucking face, like tf tf

Cliff Burton

>I can't fucking imagine how awkward that must've been for Brother Ali when he watched that.
>Brother Ali
>when he watched that
Dude.

Is he blind? I never knew that.

>j dilla wasn't talented
Listen to his stuff that's not donuts. The dude has talent, but you have to know enough about DJing to really understand how good he was and why donuts was his magnum opus.

pretty sure he isn't BLIND just legally blind. He's albino so his eyes cataracts aren't proper or something but I'm pretty sure he can see.

Alright so what's the deal? Why the reply up there? If you're sure he can see and all. Besides all he'd have to do is hear it.

Jeff Buckley

I said he didn't die, but his music career was effectively ended prematurely. .

Some moments on the se 3.5 apparent albums are pure cringe... Just trite chord progressions and blippity blopity blopity blue