HVAC, is this acceptable work?

HVAC, is this acceptable work? youtube.com/watch?v=H6uaZD1tD64

read video desc for important details

Brief rundown, AC wasnt turning on/off when it should. Called company #1, they estimated price and we told em to fuck right off. stated 1000 for cleaning, later adjusted to 500 while trying to sell me maintenence for 100 a year and UV for additional 1200 lmao

later got second opinion from company #2 that just the thermostat/wire was bad, but insurance wouldnt cover anything until it was clean due to first companys "diagnosis" where the unit was not clogged, just a bacterial growth (which C#1 claimed was mold but did not do bacterial testing)

ended up settling with company #1 for just cleaning for 500, thy couldn't get the part off so took it to workshop stating they would return "tomorrow" but that ended up being 8 days later, and when they returned, did not notify of arrival or knock, just began working (but I heard them show up so I went outside anyway) they wouldn't let me observe their work and after completion/payment told me they replaced parts inside...after they left i opened the unit to see record what they did.

im sure i could have done better myself for 500 but we were binded by insurance and company, i was stuck. what is your opinion? acceptable work? what do i do, request the job be completed properly? or call credit card company to get refund and send evidence? am i nitpicking and this is actually a good job?

Idiot, hvac is the easiest thing known to man. Unless you needed to replace refrigerant (which is not hard but you need a license) you should have done everything yourself

You're a fucking faggot. You posted this bullshit in /diy/ and we already told you you got ripped off. Fuck off.

OK, now I'm feeling guilty for being such a dick. You're obviously a retarded home owner with no mechanical experience.

I posted like a thousand good answers in your thread. Basically, all this shit works the same. Clean coils, change filters, and when something electrical breaks, look up how to check it.

You got fucked once, don't let it happen again.

No, you're not a dick. A good pressure washer costs the same and can be used on other shit. The rust is normal cause outdoor unit, the fins was probably the only shit cleaned and op paid 500 for it lol

thanks man, i can do it now thanks to youtube and google, but my main question is if their work is acceptable, since I have video proof now.
Before there was absolutely no rust. in the video description (and the owners manual) it states that the parts are coated with anti-corrosion finish.

OK, third time now. Now I'm legitimately upset.
I watched your video. You are the biggest fucking moron I've ever seen.

The guy is not trying to make your ac sparkle. He cleaned the inside, and it looks damn nice for its age. He actually did better than I do on my own house.

You're pointing out fucking rust and panels, meanwhile the actual important parts are completely spotless.

Instead of whining, you should be asking and watching. Learning.

Rust doesn't happen over 8 days to that degree. He could not have possibly caused that. Paint chips away and the bare metal rusts.

not sure if you guys read the video description...the unit is barely 3 years old, the original metal can be seen where the blower housing attaches to the rectangular mount for air return. The manager said he had to break the motor and wheel to put a "brand new" motor/wheel in there. The only thing that is original is the housing and the finish has been removed, and it is still dirty inside and out. The motor is new but obviously the wheel is not. Their job was to clean it, if the parts were broken I could have replace all parts under insurance for 0 cost. The parts were dirty, and they broke them, tried to pass off a used wheel with the inadequate depth as brand new, and wouldnt let me inspect while he was there.

>> in the video description (and the owners manual) it states that the parts are coated with anti-corrosion finish.

Holy shit, what kind of moron are you? Rust just doesn't magically appear one day. It takes time and certainly not gonna haapen afterbeing cleaned.

Anti corrosion coat wears out and if you're not applying regularly, guess what, it's gonna rust.

The important part is the grill, which is clearly free of shit because it was cleaned. You paid $500 for pressure wash and probably some lubricant. You could have done it yourself, or any friend of yours, if any could have for $100.

It doesn't fucking matter, why do you want a new wheel for? The motor is the expensive and important part, not the wheel unless its broken, but its not and i can see a good 20 years out of it. The rust doesnt matter. Stop whining, theres no way you can get your $500 back, you were a moron when you signed the deal, no amount of complaining can fix stupid

The wheel is rusty because it was used. My original motor, wheel, and housing has NO RUST. They broke the wheel and motor trying to remove them, and they replaced the wheel with a rusty USED one. My original parts were sparkling like the metal on the air return, but with some bacterial growth on them.

Not to mention there is still moderate bacterial growth on the inside of the housing. They didnt rinse anything at all. Just sprayed cleaner on it, broke/replaced parts and called it a day.

Not op dude but the wheel supplies clean air to the house, its not good if its dirty and rusty

Just fucking wow. This is clearly op. The wheel delivers air to the grill to exchange heat with outside air. Fucking moron

Posted it here about a week ago too.

clean it yourself, you giant faggot

That squirrel cage blower doesn't even fit in the housing. It's too narrow, there should be a minimal gap at both sides. You're losing a ton of cfm due to that.

The wheel pulls air through the evap coil. The cool air enters the blower and is pushed directly into the homes ducts.

Nope that's a package unit. That's the evaporator section that supplies the inside.

If its a recovery unit, i guarantee you in a million years rust will do nothing to the air. And dust? You get more dust from the blowing action than whats in the blower, and what are filters for? If you breath shit its your fault

Heres some caked on dirty foam cleaner. They didnt rinse a THING. Also, left us without AC for about a month (how long the job took, taking the blower away, leaving it unwired etc), along with chemical solution smell in our home and that is not cool since its hot as fuck all year in florida.

What a hack job. That's some shitty work there.

I stand corrected. Op is still a moron and the unit is in good shape

Then by all means, go clean it yourself change filters, and stop whining

It would be if they hadn't broken his original squirrel cage and replaced it with a used one that doesn't even fit the housing properly. He's losing CFM for sure with that shit.

Where are you in Florida that you have that shitty all in one?

So its fine that its the wrong depth? And dirty? There is no filter between the blower wheel and the ducts that supply cool air directly through the ducts into the house.

we paid them to do the job correctly.

look at this picture, note the difference in the finish between the mounted metal on bracket on the left, and the attachment to the air handler wall on the right. The "new" blower isnt even clean enough to be seen. My old one shined through.

A modular home.

>hvac is the easiest thing known to man

lookout folks

can somebody tell me why this is acceptable?

Dude, stop complaining about the rust. The white shit probably means its been sitting on storage. Some user pointed out you may be loosing cfm but i havent seen you complain about the new cage not being a good fit.

Ask them to bring you your old cage back, the only thing i would worry about is if they switched a new one for an old one. Even if they broke it its still yours

Lol you right. Not OP, just a jack of all trades. Purchasing the refrigerant requires a license, I can do everything but that.

Not letting you see it was a huge red flag and you should have acted on it then and there, all you are doing now is QQing, either sue them or shut the fuck and up do the job yourself next time, you got screwed over hard core dude, they fucking pissed on you and are proly laughing their asses off while you QQ on Sup Forums gtfo.

HVAC air force tech here, i can confirm that this is where they send linguist dropouts and low asvav score people

Dude...their own service guy said that the cage wasnt a good fit at the end of the video

Just turned on the AC, it works I guess. Its a little noisy, some black shit flew out the vent closest to the unit, and it smells like chemicals hardcore. Probably due to this puddle of chemicals.

You're upset with the money, but if it works properly, let it be. Or hassle them. They might buy you a new wheel, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

What specifically do you work on? Auto or residential/commercial?

They teach us residential and commercial, but on base we mostly do buildings (commercial I guess). On the desert we do ECUs on the tents

Yes, file a complaint and demand they do a proper fucking job. If you're paying them to do a job and it isn't satisfactory, they should be held accountable.

I'm upset that we paid for cleaning and we got back dirty parts and unfinished cleaning.

They keep putting me on hold for a while and when I get a person they refuse to connect me to the manager, they said they will tell him to contact me but its been a few days. Over the month of service, they were constantly not getting back to us until we called them several days later. A couple times they didn't even show up for their scheduled day and when we called, had no dispatch scheduled for us...

This thread is about op whinning about all the wrong stuff.

Someone pointed out at the end of the video the guy says the cage is a bad fit, thats seems to be the biggest concern, but op is crying about the rust and dirt and black shit flying out. Does he even filter the air?

That's cool. I can do a little HVAC, just not refrigerant.

I'm actually a marine electronics technician. Install and service commercial navigation and communications equipment.

Is that a dead Doge?

samefag

Nice, both hvac and nav techs translate to good stuff on the outside. The R part is easy and you could learn it watching videos. Cert tests are easy if you know the different refrigerants and substitutes (plain memorization) The electronics part and especially troubleshooting should be fairly similar, especially if you deal with moving parts

Here, when we get leaks, we just pump the shit with more refrigerant until we get the replacement for the part that leaked (may be months depending on what breaks) .. I think we would get grilled on the outside if we did that

Right in the feels :^(