Hey /b, any tips on how to quit an addiction? im trying to quit coke, but it proves difficult

hey /b, any tips on how to quit an addiction? im trying to quit coke, but it proves difficult

pic somewhat related

no ones quit drugs before?

not the best place for advice lol

Of the drugs I've done, I find coke/crack the hardest to quit. It's very psychologically addictive.

I did a bunch of meth on New Years and didn't even enjoy it much. Shot it and smoked it, it was too much. I was up all last night and all today, no food. Just now starting to feel sleepy like I'm going to die. No desire to do that ever again.

Prove to yourself that you don't need it or want it. That's the only way.

just run out of money and if you're not a thief or criminal you'll stop. that's what i did.

Op, do this

yeah it seem even when im able to quit for months, ill end up having a craving and relapsing and then back on it for another couple months until i can quit or like says i run out of money

Grow a backbone and stop buying it

Cocaine is a bitch to quit.

I'm a recovering heroin addict (2 years clean) and of all the meetings I used to go to and shit, it's always the coke and crack heads who had the hardest time kicking it. And it's not hard to see why.

If you're a heroin addict and you want to get clean, you've got a ton of treatment options... suboxone, methadone, fucking implants and shots and shit. Cocaine? "Stop. Just stop." There's your treatment.

Replace it with a more suitable addiction

really? i definitely thought heroin would be harder to quit, that makes me a little worried

HAH nothing like it

No it's extremely Physically addictive, it changes the brain. Over time it overtakes the neural arousal connections associated with sex and craving. For some people switching over to adderall or a benzo for a limited period of time and tapering off can break the cycle but it depends on the nature and extent of the damage incurred by usage.

Also that is some meth ass looking coke in pic op. If that's what your shit normally looks like you might not have a coke problem

Quitting heroin wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination, but when the time came, I had options and I eventually found something that worked.

Cold turkey didn't work, as it rarely ever does, so I tried suboxone and couldn't really commit to it; then I went on a slow methadone taper and that's what did the trick.

If cold turkey were my only option, as it is with cocaine, I'd still be a junkball today.

>filename

Cut the ties of your friends that do it. It's really the only way; if you want to stop you'll be able to, but not if you're around people that share your habits.

I'd say intentionally overdose. From ages 18-19 I did amphetamine almost every day, and was unable to quit.
It wasn't after my OD that I could see what it was doing ot my body and mind, which gave me the strength to quit.

Weed helps. Cut down gradually and fuck a lot if that's an option.

its mdma in the pic

ive been doing this. whats lead to my current slow down is dealers not being in supply. its given me a bit of a break. hopefully i can keep it up

just smoke some weed brah

i get panic attacks on weed. only drug i dont like.

figure out what you're trying to run away from and go from there

Cut ties with (especially) them too, if you really want to stop.

>weed gives me panic attacks
>does coke

what

i quit a 2 year heroin addiction. Went to detox and spent 6 months in an in patient rehab. It was worth it. You should try it if you can afford it.

This

im just as confused as you

how much did that cost you?

Maybe you're just too inside your own head.

Oh that's me. Used to be a daily smoker, always fun/chill. Then just suddenly every time massive paranoia every time, sucks

It makes perfect sense. If I had been able to just enjoy weed like a normal person, I might not have gone on to experiment with other drugs like pharmaceutical pain killers and eventually heroin.

15k usd

Coke is very close to Ritalin.

Ritalin isn't prescribed for panic attacks