What music did 00s kids(born 1995-1999) grow up on?

What music did 00s kids(born 1995-1999) grow up on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SPlQpGeTbIE
youtube.com/watch?v=ySfwW_xSRU4
youtube.com/watch?v=vr2jSR_ML9s
youtube.com/watch?v=mpfyJayyARk
youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw
youtube.com/watch?v=SXZddpxagPg
youtube.com/watch?v=2djx83-4XNQ&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=4IRdw_Qgwqc
youtube.com/watch?v=klJCq4sRFmA
youtube.com/watch?v=lYbGEfoOUbs
youtube.com/watch?v=0bxNEtkGG7U
youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc
youtube.com/watch?v=dP75aZvWVdw
youtube.com/watch?v=alOdQsdPCkg
youtube.com/watch?v=6fUJ6LehQ3I
youtube.com/watch?v=-wL6LP52p0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you arent a 2000's kid unless you coming home from school to watch toonamie, then watch the chappele show before you go to sleep while dressed like an emo kid

Pop country. There was some good stuff. And whatever spic music my Puerto Rican half of my family listened to.

How is 1994 NOT an 00s kid? I was 6-12 from 2000-2006, the 00s were like the pinnacle of my childhood.

>"hurr durr 90-94 is 90s kids, 95-99 is 00s kids"
Stupid normies think everything must be divided cleanly into halves.

basically classic rock and radio alternative, grunge and post-grunge stuff

Cut off for 90's kid is literally 1990. Anything after that is stretching it.

this

>My Chemical Romance
>Green Day

Sheeiiitt

wow this is actually pretty spot on. i noticed we grew up on alot of the same shows not music everyone was quoting dave chappelle tom greene cky jackass "the good mtv shows"

youtube.com/watch?v=SPlQpGeTbIE

I was a 00s kid but got all of 90's kid music like Nirvana because of my older brother.

I CAN RIDE MY BIKE WITH NO HANDLEBARS

2000S music:

Rock: The white stripes, franz fernanid, the strokes, arctic monkeys, my chemical romance, the used, panic at the disco, fall out boy, green day (really a 90's band but american idiot was huge), the killers, foo fighters, kings of leon, muse, death cab for cutie, HEY THERE DELILAH WHATS IT LIKE IN NEW YORK CITY

Rap: ring tone rap, kanye, outkast, crunk, dont really listen to rap, sorry

Electronic music: lol who cares

This is accurate. Rap is 50 Cent and Eminem too.

Really the two big movements where emo, and crunk, things were more diverse musically, poptamism and nigger culture and EDM had not yet ruined the musical landscape

Snap/ringtone rap ruined everything in late 2005

>hey can you send me that eminem song to my razer via bluetooth please?

emo died somewhere around like 2008, 2009, the late 2000's indie music went mainstream, bands like vampire weekend, lcd sound system, arcade fire, MGMT.
Even movies became unbearably quirky and indie

then indie dies somewhere around 2012, and people started listening to wubstep and meme rap, and hipsters went really far up thie own asse's and embraced poptamisnm and music has been garbage more than usual ever since

youtube.com/watch?v=ySfwW_xSRU4
youtube.com/watch?v=vr2jSR_ML9s
youtube.com/watch?v=mpfyJayyARk
youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

I'm considering "grow up" to be ages 5-12

Pop punk
>Yellowcard
>blink-182
>Simple Plan
>Green Day
>Sum 41
>All American Rejects

Nu metal
>Linkin Park
>Papa Roach

Post grunge
>Three Days Grace
>Breaking Benjamin

Boy Bands and male pop singers
>*NSYNC
>Backstreet Boys
>Aaron Carter
>Jesse McCartney

Post hardcore
>Escape the Fate
>Silverstein

Mall emo
>MCR (or whatever else you'd consider them, I see people call them pop punk around here sometimes)

In other words, almost nothing good (except MCR, Silverstein, Yellowcard and early blink and Green Day)

I don't know why I got so detailed about this but whatever, I'm kinda high

I love that game
Also the second one

Cartoon songs
youtube.com/watch?v=SXZddpxagPg
youtube.com/watch?v=2djx83-4XNQ&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=4IRdw_Qgwqc
youtube.com/watch?v=klJCq4sRFmA
youtube.com/watch?v=lYbGEfoOUbs

>tfw 1992 born and almost anyone born in the 90s is now an adult.
>tfw death swiftly approaches

>TFW born in 81
>What the fuck am I doing in this thread

Are they at a concert? It's good to have fun at a concerts. The guys on the right are the weird ones.

green day, linkin park, etc

My parents grew up in the 80s so we mostly listened to R.E.M, Queen, Duran Duran, Echo and the Bunnymen, Culture Club, New wave/first wave, The Clash, Nirvana, Alanis Morrisette, Bob Marley, my mom likes the Beatles but my dad doesn't.

I dont really like any of this music anymore but I liked it when I was a kid.

Are they at a concert? It's good to have fun a concerts. The guys on the right are the weird ones.

I think "pure" 00s kids are more like 1993-1997, to be quite honest familia

>tfw born in 85 and wondering the same thing, and also getting fucked up on a deep level by

Nu metal and pop punk were in their twilight in the first half of the 2000's, blink 182, green day, sum 41, linken park, slipknot, etc.
Pop punk got killed by emo, then you see green day start dressing in black an wearing mascara trying to keep up with my chemical romance or something.
Emo got big somewhere around 2001, it wasnt actual emo though, it was emo pop, jimmy eat world, weezer, dashboard confessionals, mcr, everyone on fuled by ramen records.

Myspace, anime, ipods, 9/11, malcom in the middle, the office, the chappele show, back when adult swim was still good, toonamie, fansubs, anime music videos, rotten dotcom, instant message, aol, kazza, napster,

Yeah man, the line "My parents grew up in the 80s" blows my fucking mind.

2000-2006 Awesome
2006-2009 Sucked

The only music I remember listening to consistently were the Beatles, Crowded House, and Tears for Fears.

Born 94. This post knows.
Are you old enough to post here?

You're ephebophiles.

i was born in 1996, first album i bought with my own money was demon days

i think when i was younger i unironically enjoyed blazin' squad

i basically just absorbed whatever my sister listened to and she had lots of "now thats what i call music __" CDs so i liked pop music

>you will never play techdeck boards with your friends while eating hot cheetos, then buying some yu-gi-oh cards, while playing your game boy advanced, and waking up early to watch jackie chan adventures, while dressed like an emo kid with the clothes you bought from hot topic while watching the twin towers fall down

Don't forget gorillaz

If all of these give you nostalgia you are a 2000's kid

youtube.com/watch?v=0bxNEtkGG7U

youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc

youtube.com/watch?v=dP75aZvWVdw

You couldn't watch Jackie Chan adventures and the towers at the same time because the towers fell on a weekday morning and Jackie Chan adventures aired afternoons or Saturday morning!
I caught you in your lie!

what if i watched normal stuff like yu-gi-oh and beyblade and wasn't a weeaboo dork

2000s indie rock , 2000s hip-hop, 90s music , classic rock , classic pop

Holy shit I forgot about this. Thank you

>names anime
>wasn't a weeb
I'm guessing you're also not retarded.

>normal stuff like yugioh and beyblade

Youre a fucking anime plebe

Nigger, everyone knows the best anime that was actually a commerical is medabots

youtube.com/watch?v=alOdQsdPCkg

>you will never use your gogurt as a rail to grind on with your techdeck while watching American idol ever again

I didn't have cable or whatever.

>parents weren't down to pirate cable
I'm sorry.

>tfw born in 93 and people my age and people younger seem like little babies to me because I'm extremely well read and listen exclusively to classical and jazz

What's my snapchat you ask? heh... read some Pynchon and I might consider giving you my IG

I remember singing this but I didn't know it was an actual song

Back then you couldnt binge watch, you had to wait week after week to find out what was going to happen, it built suspense.

then you finally got to see the cheesy ending

youtube.com/watch?v=6fUJ6LehQ3I

They didn't want me watching cartoons all day. I also never got a game console until I was 13 even though I always wanted a ps2 because they didn't want me addicted to video games. F-FUCK YOU MUM!!!

1992 here.

>ages 10-14: buttrock (creed, linkin park, nickelback, 3 doors down etc.)
>age 14-15 got really into rap for awhile. I really like 90's stuff especially Bone Thugz and Tupac, but I also rocked the shit out of The Documentary and College Dropout
>age 16 started hanging out with the preppish party kids, scenesters etc. and listened to lots of pop punk and scene music (Say Anything, Rise Against, All-Time Low, Taking Back Sunday, Brand New, Coheed and Cambria, The Dangerous Summer, Panic at the Disco, Fallout Boy, and especially A Day to Remember was fucking HUGE at the time)

I feel like my progression was fairly typical for someone my age

you can watch childrens cartoons as a child and not be a weeabo lol, no child anywhere knows what "yu yu hakusho" or "ruroni kenshin" is whereas every kid watched beyblade and yugioh

>tfw saw ADTR live in high school.
Also saw Muse, Primus, U2 and a bunch of punk and metal at the garage and warped tour.
I don't regret it at all. The twin cities was a great place to grow up.

Me too, man. Then got drunk as fuck on busch light and dp'd a slut with my buddy that night lol

I watched yu yu Hakusho and ruroni kenshin.
I remember outlaw star being the best show and convincing my mom to let me stay up to watch it. DBZ was cool too.
My experience was far less eventful.

yu gi oh and pokemon cards were really popular when i was a kid, i dont think kids theses days would waste their money on a shiny piece of cardboard, their loss

toonamie and adult swim were huge back in the day if you had cable you plebe.

>he didnt stay up to watch fooly cooly

youtube.com/watch?v=-wL6LP52p0g

I thought I didn't like music until I was 13 or 14 and found out Pink Floyd by myself.
Since it was late, I'd say I grew up without music.

Growing up in Oakland made me the Mexican who listened to both rap music and Mexican music
Both sounds that still amaze me is like "party like a rockstar" and "Gasolina " but at least now I listen to other stuff that normies listen to

89 here

Daily reminder you will NEVER be a 90s kid

Have fun turning to dust quicker gramps

bump

>Electronic music: lol who cares
people like you are the reason future funk is seen as a new movement in music right now

I mainly grew up on post Britpop and post punk revival

lol oldman here thinks we give a fuck