What's it like majoring in music?

What's it like majoring in music?

I dunno I only minor in music

Soul crushing, adderall fueled 4 hour daily practice sessions.

Don't do it if you are bad, it holds back others who might have a chance of making it.

Basically this. I'm getting my Master's.

Eh, it's fine
There's the constant crushing anxiety that you won't be able to do what you want to do (even if you have things lined up for you) but it's always interesting

it requires talent, luck, and being at the right place / right time to be successful after majoring in music.

especially if you're a performance major or comp major, you'll want to be great at your instrument + be fun to hang around with.

Worse than English
Better than gender studies
not by much for either

Good songwriters dont fucking major in music lmao

Its for autistic talentless fucks who at besr will go on to perform music written by someone else

I actually don't think i've ever read anything more retarded in my whole life.
Congratulations user. Please return to your world of memerap and "experimental" rock music

It's been a wild semester and a half, I'll tell you that much.

Regretful, I'l never be in a conservatory of music and sometimes that makes me depresed for days in a row

depressing, anxiety-inducing, and fulfilling all at once

a total waste of time unless you're doing REALLY serious and technical things that ACTUALLY require you to study for years and live and breath music and music theory, top level shit
if you just wanna play in bands or write songs or do simple home production don't fucking go to school for it, even if you're serious about it. it simply isn't necessary at all for that kind of shit unless you're a turbo autist that can only learn anything with a teacher.
of course if you were only interested in stuff like that you probably wouldn't hack it anyway, but that doesn't stop some of them, i've seen it and they washed out fast when they realized what they were actually undertaking.

pretentious tripfag, go figure.

I know people doing audio engineering major, and they have chance to learn some music stuffs. Employment is almost secured as long as they graduate.

U need aderall to shed 4 hours? Youre sad man.

>he thinks 4 hours is a lot

lmao never going to make it

i had a friend who i think could of made in big in terms of being an indie rock singer, but sadly his depression was just too much. he would practice all fucking day and night it was crazy.... i fucking miss him.

Mozart didn't major in music
he didn't have any academic degree, like 99% major composers

you'll probably end up giving lessons while working a job you dislike, maybe playing your instrument or writing music on the weekends, the occasional gig, then you will realize it's time to grow up and you'll go back to school for teaching credentials, or you'll just start an office job of some sort and drift your way upwards. knowing when to give up is crucial. and for 99% of the population, giving up music as vocation is the right option, and the sooner you realize it the better your life will be. double major if you can, or at least minor in something. doesn't have to be practical, just something to round you out as a person. maybe you'll discover a new passion.

holy kek, failed musician detected.

Only 4? I do almost triple that and that's just as a hobby

I am in this major and this is pretty much true, its very fun and takes a lot of time but is always fun

>Employment is almost secured as long as they graduate.
I have always heard the opposite.