>rocky
>rocky has to prove to himself he can go the rounds

>creed
>creed has to prove to everyone else he can go the rounds

thats why i didnt like it much

worth a watch? no
worth a punt? aye

just watch million dollar baby or cinderella man

Yes. Rocky is still the best but Creed is better than all the sequels except for maybe Balboa. Stallone was actually a good actor and the fight scenes were shot really well.

Does the young black bull get a white gf?

just watch fruitvale station instead

No she's a nig as well.

I liked Fruitvale Station and never saw Rocky. I think that means yes.

he gets a light skinned black gf

I>IV>II>III>Balboa>Creed>literally fresh dog shit>V

He has a negress gf but to be fair she does have humanoid features

Actually that's not entirely true. I saw a little of the training scene and the part of one of the sequels where the nigger gets his shit rocked by the Swedish engineer.

Take some time off of the computer

Yes, and a serious case could be made that it is even better than the original Rocky. Be warned that it is a "black movie," though - by that I mean the lead role, the love interest and the director are all black. So you won't like it if you are a rayciss who hates black people.

It has one of the best long-take fight scenes ever put on film IMO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Hh1_P_b0DCQ

Rocky > Creed > Balboa > IV > II >III > V

IV is only good because it's bad. The rest just suck.

No. The shory is shoddy and all over the place, the characters are bland and literally the only good part is old Rocky and Rocky Balboa already did that and way better.

I don't understand the point of the film. I really fucking don't. I don't understand why Kookler thought this film should move its viewer.

Stallone's heart felt performance in Rocky is way above this, near TV episode like, film

ROCKY I AND BALBOA FAGS LEAVE THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY AND TAKE YOUR "MUH UNDERDOG" AND "MUH HEART" SOMEWHERE

THIS IS WHAT ROCKY I FAGS TELL YOU IS GOOD:

>dirty boring setting, nothing exciting, full of shmucks
>everythings sad and grey, no russians
>crap music that sounds like its from the smurfs
>awful fight
>pathetic training montage, runs around a bit and feels great? get out of here
>too much about characters being sad and butkus

ROCKY IV
>amazing soundtrack, 80's power anthems to get you pumped like No Easy Way Out, not a sad trumpet man
>manliest training montage, lifting logs, climbing mountains, awesome
>true drama, rocky's best friend SMASHED in an instant, a true story of political revenge against the east, also notice how the awesome villain smashes the living shit out of Rocky I's mediocre rival
>destroyed communism in a second
>cool robots, rocky I had no robots
>montage level set at full capacity, lots of photo grabbing and mirror staring, intense and reflective

IF I CAN CHANGE, AND YOU CAN CHANGE, THEN ANYONE CAN CHANGE, except Rocky I fags because theyre deluded.

the fighting choreography was great though

especially in contrast to rocky films with those 80s hyper slugs and body fluids flying slo-mo

Yes, true boxingkino

>thinking rocky 4 isnt the best one

>thinking rocky balboa is even worth a thought

yous are some stupid stupid idiots

rocky 4 is easily EASILY the best one

4 > 1 > 2 > Balboa > 3 > Creed > 5

also creed is pretty good
10x better than balboa for sure

Can we all agree
Rocky IV is the better movie and Rocky I is the better film

Creed had literally nothing of value.

HEARTS ON FIREE

Not really. Stallone was fantastic in the locker room scene, for one
youtube.com/watch?v=JFlNZpDzwi0

It was in my top ten of '15.

I was comparing Stallone in Rocky 1 to Creed in.. well Creed. And Stallone was way better.

And is way better in Creed too lol

It was cliche as shit just going after formula. People who like Creed like capeshit too. That's an undeniable fact

>Rocky IV
>movie
it's a flick m8

Rocky and Rocky Balboa are the only actually good films, III and IV are watchable camp, the rest shouldn't have been made and the quality ranges from somewhere between useless to pure shit.

Undeniable fact.

MBJ did a really good job actually. You just don't like him because he's a nigger and you're still mad they gave a nigger the lead role

>60 year old man going to a split decision with world heavyweight champ

>good film

nah

nice passing of the torch film and a good modern boxing film

Yes.

Don't be a faggot.

It was faithful to the spirit of Rocky.

She's black.

And I think partially deaf.

>don't like something
>haven't even called out yet why I don't like it
>someone pulls out the Sup Forums and/or racist card.
Are you from tumblr?

And your call couldn't be more wrong as I like him as an actor
>pic related.

Exactly.

The guy who played Pretty Ricky was surprisingly excellent.

>Not getting teared up at the grave site scene

youtube.com/watch?v=d2oDNS2eqcM

Coolest scene in the whole movie.

Made the film a 9/10 for me from an 8/10

can we all agree the cinematography/choreography of the fights was great in creed?

Yes, go see it

Does it suck being you?

Yes. The fight against Leo was insane.

AaAaRE You ReTarded?

then I can't understand why you think he did a bad job. They couldn't have him run with the "loveable simple-minded underdog" shtick like with Rocky because that would have been extremely retarded.
I do think the character was flawed in that his motivations were a little unclear - is he fighting for his dad's legacy? I guess maybe I could relate to him more if I grew up without a father. But IMO he did really good for the role that he had. I felt pretty bad for him when everyone abandoned him including his girlfriend.

it's the seventh movie in a franchise. People expect it to follow the formula and get mad when it doesn't.

This is the pleb-est post I've seen on Sup Forums in a long time.

To answer your question OP, yes. I thought it was pretty good.

>I do think the character was flawed in that his motivations were a little unclear - is he fighting for his dad's legacy?

But that was the point.

He was a bastard child and wasn't sure if he could break out of his dad's shadow.

>They couldn't have him run with the "loveable simple-minded underdog
I simply found him sucked out of all his screen presence and charisma what he had in FNL and other stuff I've seen him in.

The writing itself is not the issue for me wrt. to his character specifically, but with the entire film I'm kind of lost as to why director wants me to be moved by this story and narrative.
The film is clearly not for me, and I fail to emphasize with just about anything with it. I found the deaf girl and Rocky the most inspired parts, and I wish MBJ had brought his A game to it.

>60 year old man beats up lazy nigger who wouldn't put on his work boots

No, it is a good film.

>likes creed
>calls others plebs

yeah but when he started fighting he didn't have to prove anything to anyone but himself, because nobody even knew he was Creed's son except for his stepmom and those niggs in his dad's old gym

No it was trash, laughably bad main character had no plight. Just a rich cry baby. And that niggerish motorcycle scene was pathetic

No those guys at the concert did too.

Every Rocky movie except Rocky 5 is worth watching.

But those motorcycles are actually in Philly you dumb hick.

Wrong, if he didn't want to be in his dad's shadow he shouldn't have taken the big fight where they asked him to use the creed name. He had what, 1 pro fight before a title shot? Lol

that was after the Sporino fight, where the other coach told the press he was Creed's son

Your point? It was fucking stupid, him shadow boxing while those niggers are doing wheelies around him.

they explained that, man

the other guy (Conlan) was going to jail, and _nobody_ was willing to fight him because he was fucking brutal in the ring and everyone wants to cling to their records nowadays. So he challenges Creed for his last fight because he knows Creed cant beat him, and Creed is the only guy who will accept a fight before he is sentenced

He had something like 16 fights in Mexico

He still decided to use the creed name, he was the reason for his own drama. It was either lazy writing or plot armor. At least in rocky the idea that it was just an exhibition match that turned in to a fight made some sense

Oh those unranked underground fights? Please.

Conlan challenges him because he had recently become a hot topic due to the leak that he was Apollo Creed's son. He was the most famous no-name that Conlan was sure he could beat

In terms of movie quality:
I>Balboa>II>Creed>III>IV>V

In terms of entertainment:
All of them except for V.

he did that after much hesitation, and only because it would seem disrespectful for him not to take the mantle. The damage had already been done and the world already knew him as Creed's son. And by taking the name, he was given the title shot. I think the guy explicitly said he had to fight as Creed to do the Conlan fight.

I thought III was a lot better than II. II seemed so painfully slow.
Other than that good order p much

IV is the epitome of 80's montages though.

Yeah so he put himself in his dad's shadow. Used his name to get a title shot instead of going about it his own way. He was a whiny faggot the entire movie, just very poor development

IIRC they counted those fights when they showed his record anyway. Someone said "no one has to know about that" in regards to them being unranked

why does it look like a videogame

yeah i really didn't like mbj's performance
he was pretty good toward the end of the movie but throughout he did not seem like a fleshed out character
hopefully he'll do better in the next one

you can't handle the truth?

The lameass handheld camerawork instantly makes this feel 100 times cheaper and lazier than Rocky.

Yep, it's a pretty good movie.
Coogler deserved a Best Director nom.

I really like the camerawork in creed

this is great

You can feel the punches in this movie. It was powerful in that theater. Now, the punishment they take and keep going with is a little unrealistic, if that bothers you.

This is the right order desu.

i wish mike tyson would rape a white girl

I really hope the choreographer and composer of Creed joins Coogler for Black Panther

Reddit the thread.

Film is pure kino through and through. Literal tears in my eyes at that training scene.

no
watch the new one in december

thats gonna be good though

Of course, it is !!!

no.

movie was horrible.

No way, this guy was stunt coordinator for all these movies? Organizing all the stunts for The Guest, Creed and You're Next make him good in my book. Not sure what being credited for "stunts" means; is it just when you do some stunt work or is it when you're leading an entire stunt crew?
I'm sure Coogler will hire him again; Clayton served him well.

I didn't even know Coogler was making Black Panther, BTW. I am kind of hyped for that movie now; BP was surprisingly one of the best parts of Civil War, too

this pasta is gold, good job user

I was thinking the same shit, Rocky 1 had the original GOAT montage and then Rocky 2 had that also cool montage where the kids try to follow Rocky but Creed had those niggers in motorcycles doing shitty tricks in some alley with the most flat uninteresting shot

The montage in Creed was at least somewhat realistic. Urban white people hardly even care about boxing nowadays, so the scene as it was from Rocky 1 would look corny as fuck had they tried to reboot it and show it today. Also, blacks are much more impulsive about joining into that kind of spontaneous group (mob) mentality, where they'd all follow him hooting and hollering as he's training.

And I hear the dirtbikes and ATVs being everywhere is a real thing in Philly; people say they're all over the place.

i loved it

wish they had somehow got apollo's ghost to appear tho

me too, BP was actually great. His fighting style looked so appropriately quick and cat-like. I didn't like the look of his suit though. Best thing about him was that he wasn't an African American, just an African

As a film, itll hold up longer than any of the rocky movies

As an experience, it doesn't compare

Its a fun movie

Its a seamless shot, there's no visible cuts

If I were to try and get someone appreciate the Rocky movies, what order should I show them? They have never seen them before, and they do not like Sylvester Stallone.

>and they do not like Sylvester Stallon

Uh-oh