/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

No one cares about the links edition

No one cares about the old thread either so here it is ...

Other urls found in this thread:

reverb.com/item/4535241-1969-sunn-2000s-terrible-poetry
whitewhaleguitars.com/jazzcaster/
clyp.it/0wmc1a2f
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=iIGKlicb8n0
youtube.com/watch?v=C4e8vDHDcBs
youtube.com/watch?v=5g6--QoPsDM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Amp has more than 5 knobs and sound shit in 99% of knobs combinations

Dropped

Why dont you buy glorious orange amps faggots ?

>using stupid symbols instead of just words
Do they think we're autustic?

Because I can afford Boogie and Marshall

I bet you can't figure out what they mean lol

>He can afford the memeiest and most brand-overpriced amp so he can sound as unoriginal as the other 8 billion Marshall highschoolers

How american can you be ?
Literraly worse than the Orange fag.

we all have a holy grail /gg/. what's her name?
pic related

I'd really love to get my hands on a 1980s Kramer Elliot Easton model. Not a metalhead, I just think they look cool.

>implying all boogies sound generic

reverb.com/item/4535241-1969-sunn-2000s-terrible-poetry

i spent my senior year in high school as an "intern" in a local guitar shop. One day one of the regulars brought one of these things in. He had it for years and never touched it, but wanted it fixed up and in playing shape, as his band had been chosen to play a local fair and he didn't have any equipment that could do the part other than this, and didn't really have the money to buy/rent one on his own.

The owner of the shop got it up and running after a few hours and i got to "test it out" to make sure it was in working condition, and i immediately fell in love. I've been looking around and all the working ones i can find usually run at least $1k or more, if i can find one at all.

one day i'll have the money to blow on one, and it'll be the best day of my life.

Reminds me, I've got an ancient Sound City 120 head in a closet somewhere. Really should get that serviced and sold, the filter capacitors are wrecked and it hums badly but the thing is punishingly loud.

What is mu's opinion of this guitar?

whitewhaleguitars.com/jazzcaster/

Good morning, /gg/

nice

>DOOM LARPer

Did you get your EGC neck yet?

Or was that another guy? It's hard to tell you DOOM LARPers apart.

I think that was someone else? I would love an EGC tho

Ok, so you're someone else. I was going to ask him where he found pic related on eBay, reverse image search didn't pull up anything last time I looked.

I've got a TB-500 reissue from Kevin on the way soon.

good morning user

Telecasters are the best guitars, just thought I should mention that

Good morning John

Can you tell that this clip was recorded without an amp?

clyp.it/0wmc1a2f

What did you use, a POD or something?

Oh, and while we're at it: to the dude who posts pic related, what kind of camera are you using? You're one of the only people in these threads who posts respectable pics of your gear.

Just an overdrive pedal into a strymon bigsky (which has a cab simulator switch). Honestly it sounds better to my ears than the results I was getting in Guitar Rig/Amplitube.

I'm going to post the rest of the set I've collected because they look so good.

Is there a non signature telecaster from FENDER that is still Made In Japan ?

mmm really makes my weasel swizzle

Fender Japan doesn't exist anymore. Anything you see online is old stock.

>Fender Japan doesn't exist anymore.
[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Japan

>Fender Japan, Ltd. was the joint-venture between Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, Kanda Shokai (神田商会?) and Yamano Gakki (山野楽器?), which operated the Japanese business of Fender musical instruments from 1982 to 2015.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Japan
>The venture ended on March 31, 2015 and Fender itself (through its company Fender Music Corporation (Japan)) took over the Japanese business effective April 1, 2015 with Fender-manufactured product line.
>The Japanese-made Fender guitars sold by Fender Music Corporation (Japan) have since been categorized as the "Japan Exclusive" series
Do you not understand what this means?

What's the best cab I can use with a 6505?

>What's the best cab ever

PPC 412

this

or emperor cabs, if you can find one

>emperor cabs
why are emperor cabs the best ever?

Why do they have to be so ugly tho. And expensive.

Mesa 4x12 Recto.

>cab costs more than head
Shieeet

I like the shape of the body of Jazzmasters/Jaguars, so I'm for it.
Part of me just likes the brutal honesty of a telecaster, tho, and the Jazzcaster doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing to me as the Jazz or Caster separate.

Great, just what the world needs another guitar company selling unimaginative Fender ripoffs.

why the fuck does Fender do this with all of their models? Even within the same model (American Standard, for example), Fender goes with AT LEAST THREE separate finishes for the same maple neck.

This pisses me off because I have a Fender American Strat with a neck that looks like that third guitar: light and plastic-looking when all I've wanted is a neck with a darker finish similar to the first or second guitars

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY DO THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I got a Fender Princeton Reverb and it sounds great all the time in my bedroom

What are some savage guitar solos? I don't mean brutal metal stuff, just wild soloing where you can notice the guy has gone insane while playing, kinda like Hendrix live.

Same as your plus pic related. I'll probably get a Reverend Sensei 290 with my next paycheck as a more practical alternative.

I mean, I'm all for less is better. Guitarists always fall into that dumb trap of having a bajillion tweaking possibilities/options.

But I like having presence and resonance controls.

Alot of people use the Orange 4x12, but I don't like the way it gels with it. Sounds too harsh and brittle to me compared to being paired up with the Mesa Recto 4x12.

Definitely something you need to try in person. The difference is massive.

Solo in Working man goes hard as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=iIGKlicb8n0

go into a guitar store and find one with a Cool Color Neck then you fucking autist

it's too late for that, retard. i got my Strat in 2014, and now I don't know whether to buy a new maple neck with the right finish, or pay my local guitar techs to re-finish the guitar.

Either way, I'm paying anywhere between 200-500 extra. Shit sucks.

do you actually know how to play guitar?

>"I don't know basic music theory"

if it weren't for the facial hair his face would look really androgynous

Yes. There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with caring about the aesthetics of your guitar, fuck off, newfriend.

he's his mothers son, whatcha gonna do

imagine being this dumb

youtube.com/watch?v=C4e8vDHDcBs

youtube.com/watch?v=5g6--QoPsDM

Mick Ronson was a god

>he believed the (((propaganda)))

I bet you think MJ, Tupac and Elvis are dead too

I pray, every single day

its because you are part of the 3 knobs master race.

Lets say the 3 others knobs are effect control.

Okay I will say that.
I play most of the time with reverb and occasionally with a mild tremolo to keep me on beat, but it sounds great without effects too.
I lost all of my old pedals; left them at friends houses around town and then fell out of touch. Kind of want to get a fuzz but I love how the amp sounds on its own.

>go to store
>try out various guitars
>find the absolute best one in terms of feel and sound in my price range
>wait 2 weeks for pay day
>get real hype
>go to store again
>"Hi I'd like to buy this guitar I tried out"
>IT'S BEEN SOLD
RRRREEEEEEE
It's like when I wanted that girl in high school and psyched myself up to ask her out only to find out she'd gotten a boyfriend literally a week before.

>falling for the Fender meme when G&L exists

Can you name "The guitar" or are you a fgt ?

G&L more like G "leo fender tries to damage control and make a shitty company with no resale value" & L

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster in 2-tone Sunburst

Should I pick this up for $600?

Bc rich warmouth

lol i was going to say exactly this.

why is everyone here always so worried about resale value?

It's true though.

I love G&L (as a musician who hasn't ever held a G&L) but they don't make shortscale guitars and I love my Jaguar and Duo-Sonic.

Want to eventually get one of their ASATs but I want a goldfoil in the neck position so I might just go with a custom builder if I ever get a 25.5" scale guitar.

Damn son. also happened to me last week for this fucking guitar.
Is it at Guitar Legend in Paris ?

No. Berlin, New Syria.
I feel you bruh.

>muh resale value
>why is everyone here always so worried about resale value?

where do you think you are, most people who post here probably don't even play guitar

I think it's because a lot of people like to trade out gear eventually to get more gear, and if you play for a while, you're not going to get anything grand from your cheap off brand stuff.

But I don't know. Maybe there's this cynicism that people will give up and sell their guitar, too.

this
>G&L = butt ugly fender knockoffs

Why would you buy a guitar before selling it again?

>fender knockoff

are you fucking stupid?

the company that leo fucking fender started is a knockoff and not as fender as it gets?

>company he started because he wanted to make fender guitars again after he got sick but had sold the fender name to cbs
yep, that's right. fender knockoffs and nothing more

Why would you buy a guitar and frame it on the wall?

how the fuck do people do A major-shape barre chords with 2 fingers and get the high e to ring out?

Depends. I love mine, but what genre are you playing? What cab are you going to be using?

If you've played a Peavey 5150 or 6505+ before, it obviously sounds very similar, but it's not as...raw? sounding I guess.

Either way, $600 is great if it's in good condition and hasn't been abused. As always, try before you buy.

Fargen Mini Plex. Going from 60s plexi tones, to super lead, to hot rodded 80s Marshall tones without bleeding out of your ears.

You gotta bend your finger all nice. Good action helps.

Then why isn't it called L&F? Checkmate, atheist's.

Was playing "Smoke on the Water" part of your plan?

>decade knob

This should be standard on every amp desu

>atheist's

You're a jumbo fret.

that's what she said

By practicing

For you.

Im going to convert my HSH guitar to single pickup configuration.

I bought Plastic Wood wood filler, a scraper to even it out, and some shims to roughly fill in most of the holes. And of course sandpaper. Let's hope all goes well.

its how you bend in your ring finger and how you angle it.

just barre it and wiggle your ring finger around, you'll find the right way to do it eventually

don't fill the holes, youll block in the tone. tone flow control needs air and space to properly sustain. why do you think van halen left it open?

How can you not love a company that makes double bound telecasters?

>bound teles

VOMIT