This is the definition of white privilege

this is the definition of white privilege.
makes an album with some of the worst instrument playing of his career but gets away with it because nu-males say its an aesthetic choice.
but every one of you fags get mad at rappers for talking about their dead family members calling it non-music with no talent.

i think regardless of race or musical quality if ur name holds any kind weight u get a BNM 8+.

pitchfork is literally all about dat black and/or female market right now so idk who are you whining to

Couldn't get through it, it was just... okay, can't believe they gave it a 9. The reviewer must just be an edgy cunt.

Sup Forums

no, it's the privilege of being an already well-established name. phil elverum has become sort of a mythical figure in the indie scene so anything he is involved with is going to be regarded as greater than it is.

I thought Pitchfork loved niggerrappers? Which one is it then? Or is it neither?

I love Mount Eerie but I listened to the first two songs of that album and felt "this is so boring, I'd rather listen to his older albums". I get it, you're sad, you have the right to be sad, but don't expect me to like it.

the 3rd song is actually a huge improvement

ITT: "I'm 14 and lyrics don't matter"

t.12 yr old

I'm 22 and lyrics don't matter

Dude shut the fuck up he's right and you know it

checking privilege is the definition of nu-male, uncuck yourself

t. retard

There was a 3 day thread after the Real Estate album about how pitchfork sucks because it only gives BNM and high reviews to black artists....

a few days later, they give it to a white artist and there's multiple threads about how shitty they are because they only gave it to him for being a popular indie guy

way to go Sup Forums

>people still care about pitchfork

white privilege doesn't exist.

>people still listen to music

nope, pitchfork have been trying really, really hard to pander to the progressive community as of late as part of their age-old routine of looking tasteful but actually just being pretentious at best, plain fucking dumb at worst

if pitchfork cares so fucking much, why don't they share some of their cash with the communities that suffer within their own fucking city?

Sun Kil Moon's last two albums were rated a 6.0 and a 6.5

yeah but mark said bad words about a woman writer or something

>artist1 does things in effort to improve the sound
>artist2 does things irrelevant and in fact harmful to the sound
OP astonished and furious when people prefer artist1.

i think they realized that with conde, there's not much profitability in writing about music. so you gotta write about shit you can attach to the music haphazardly

You give pitchfork the time of day.

You're the dumb one here.

elaborate

>we gotta give it a really good score so we don't look like soulless bastards/racist/sexist!

shitfork media

>P4K gives a black artist a high score

"OMG THEYRE SUCH FKING C*UCKS, THIS IS JUST AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, ONLY NUMALES LIKE THIS, THEY HATE WHITE PEOPLE"

>P4K gives a white indie artist a really high score

"OMG ITS WHITE PRIVILEGE, THEY DONT ACTUALLY LIKE THE ALBUM, THEYRE JUST PANDERING BLAH BLAH"

you really can't win with you guys huh

Except you got it wrong, people are butthurt because they think the high score was only due to his wife dying

>being butthurt over an album score

Chance the Rapper, Kendrick, Beyonce and Solange all benefit from black privilege when it comes to critical reception of their music.

>black privilege

kek

Right? I mean if anything, they were short by 1 or 2 integers, but people can complain if they want.

>black privilege

never change, Sup Forums

t.white male

Not that user, but it's not like they get high scores because they're black, right?

I mean, no

Kanye got high scores because he's released incredible music before and is a favourite of reviewers.

Chance got high scores because reviewers thought they needed to because of Acid Rap and because he's the most buzzed about new rapper right now

Beyonce got high scores because it was a good pop album that took a liberal, political stance and also went into personal troubles she had.

Solange got good reviews because she made a pretty good album.

Anything else?

Those artists do benefit from a certain privilege that can be tied to their racial background, it's just a different kind of privilege then white privilege

Fuck off.

Pitchfork = Israeli propaganda.

It's really that simple.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PREORDER
I've been waiting since January Phil :/

there is a difference between white privilege and getting good arbitrary scores from a music review websites due to being part of black culture.

Yeah, white privilege doesn't exist.

lmao this exactly.

If all "black privilege" amounts to is getting good reviews from Pitchfork, having your culture's music be considered "trendy" and "cool", then I still think I've lucked out

I didn't list Kanye because he earns his high scores on musical merit alone.

Kendrick, Beyonce and Solange are the three most obvious examples of black artists capitalizing on the current social/political climate and white, liberal nu-male critics eating it up and showering them with 10/10s.

It's not a coincidence that in 2015/2016 after the BLM movement took off all these artists out of nowhere starting chanting "WE WUZ KING NEGUS" (Kendrick) and dressing in Egyptian clothing (Beyonce) and shouting "Don't touch my hair dumb whitey!" (Solange) when just a couple years prior they all had normal images. Remember in 2013 Beyonce's whole shtick was feminism until black issues became trendier.

let me guess, you are in a predominantly white area, in a white high school, with predominantly white friends, and you refer to the black friends that you do have as the "whitest black people".

>white privilege
literal nonsense.

PITCHFORK ISN'T REAL.

It's propaganda and social engineering.

get that through your heads.

Let me guess, you're another brainwashed marxist faggot, eh comrade?

non-sequitur much?

white privilege doesn't have anything to do with pitchfork

You're right, music reviews are perfectly innocuous and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but affirmative action also has a great effect on college applications and job admissions.

But how is the music itself, you racist asshole?

How do you go from this...

>white privilege
is made up nonsense used by the elites to repress the populace.

Stop being a dumb ass, and start thinking critically.

To this, in just 3 years? Really activates my almonds.

>is made up nonsense used by the elites to repress the populace.

Sup Forums is that way.

if you really think that people don't treat you with more kindness as a white person, then I don't know what to tell you.

Her overlords rebooted her.

Because she's found a way to exploit the current culture's obsession with guilt and empowerment.

You meant to say:

Sun Kil Moon sucks dick, and p4k knows it

>people

which people?

Blacks, whites, Asians, mid-tier marketers, Inuits, tenured professors, Sephardic Jews, commercial real estate agents?

Stop reciting garbage fed to you by a corrupt system and start THINKING.

I really hope you're a shill and not some brainwashed kid.

I think it's a combination of being reactionary to his dumbass statements, but also realizing that he is a one-trick pony and it gets REALLY old after a while.

>corrupt system

which corrupt system?

Capitalism, suburbanism, american educational, middle class, upper class, white culture, middle eastern terrorists, the banking system?

I can't possibly know what you're arguing unless you specify exactly what system and the specific people who are feeding it to me.

I really hope you're a troll and not some coked out illuminati conspiracy theorist.

user, are you questioning the verisimilitude of the nigger experience? Don't you know that's sacrosanct?

>sacrosanct

uh nobody said anything about skyrim or vampires

Academia, mainstream media.