I'd give it 8.7/10

hit or miss like with the rest of their discog

this is better

i like it

I like Opiate and Aenima better.

That scream in The Grudge though.

GOAT

Undertown is the best Tool album.

The rest are all breddy gud, but they've aged pretty poorly. The music videos are still GOAT and the ones that came off of Lateralus are legitimately some of the weirdest shit that was ever played put to film.

They just have this completely "off" feeling to them, like a classic David Lynch piece or a legitimate bad dream.

*Undertow, I have no idea how I did that

Tool is a legitmately great band, and Adam Jones's videos add a really cool spin to the music.
Sup Forums just hates them because they're popular and a lot of their fans are retarded

how it became so underrated is beyond me

Aenima plebs need to evolve

I've always had a soft spot for Lateralus. I'd honestly put it in the same category as Undertow or Aenima, though I'd narrowly rank them as Undertow>Aenima>Lateralus, strictly on how good the singles were off of each respective album.

Lateralus is still the best long track Tool ever did.

the title track is boring lol, worst track. you can have Eulogy over that one

>Childhood is thinking Eulogy is the best long Tool song
>Adulthood is embracing the inherent superiority of Lateralus

Eulogy also drags like hell for the second half.

Let's be honest, Tool can't write a long song for shit and ends up writing another good ~4 minute single only to dull its impact with a needlessly drawn-out intro and by stretching out the bridge into a "second half" until the boring, incessantly dragging beginning and ending parts tarnish the juicy goodness of the ~3-4 minute single part in the middle that the song really should have been in the first place by simple association.

lateralus is a shitty pop song

Prison Sex and Undertow were the only songs that stood out to me. Maybe I don't get it.

Whoa! Did you forget about what pop music actually sounds like most of the time? I'm not being snarky either.

choruses = pop songe

It's one of those records whose words cannot describe how beautiful it is

Definitely a transcendental experience

I have it on vinyl. It's dope. Don't listen to it as much as I used to though :(

Tool's DSotM

Not their best but their most cohesive and accessible.

You don't remember Disgustipated?

THIS
IS
NECESSARY